Author Topic: OOC Chatter  (Read 28521 times)

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: OOC Chatter
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2008, 10:52:38 PM »
*goes editing*
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 11:00:13 PM by AlisAtAn »
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2008, 11:07:41 PM »
Oop, we jumped a little there.

You can either Go to the tower right now (it's late afternoon, 4ish), or you can say "let's go tomorrow". There will be encounters between now and the morning that need to be resolved.

I'll do either, although... how many of us actually have darkvision?
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »
I've got an extended Alter Self ready, but last I checked it doesn't cover darkvision..................Yup, it doesn't, I'm blind.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • /castrandom - even we don't know what it's about
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »
There's always spells and torches and suchlike. My characters who don't have darkvision usually invest in a gray ioun stone (25 gp) and get someone to cast continual light on it. Voila, a hands-free torch that you can catch and put in your pocket.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2008, 11:27:02 PM »
Can I still purchase items freely? Or are we to deep into the game for me to do so? If not, I'll just include it in my next post.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
If you've got the gold for the items, just go ahead and buy it. You can assume you got it on the walk from the Keep to the Tower, or something like that. If it's really expensive, we'll have to deal with it. Dun Eamon has, I believe, an 8,000 gp limit or thereabouts.

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2008, 11:45:24 PM »
No reason to go travelling in the night way I see it. I have darkvision, and a everburning torch I stole from Mimimi back in the original thread. I believe he can cast it without cost...
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »
Sorry for the late reply to all this activity.... had a really busy 13 hour work day today.

I'm all for gathering info on the wizard and her tower, especially concering the night/day she disappeared.  I've already posted something to that effect in the game thread.

I'm up for gathering info and going in to the tower tonight, depending on what we learn.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »
Edited a couple Gather Info rolls into my last post in the game thread.  Pfooti, if you prefer just one roll for the whole thing, just take the first one - its actually the lowest (16).
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2008, 01:20:13 PM »
These Gather Info rolls are going to take 1d4+1 hours apiece, you realize. Which is going to put you out of the "explore the tower" part of the action, unless the party waits until the next day to try their B&E skills. There's nothing wrong with waiting for that, but I just wanted to make sure that's the plan before moving on.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
omg.. that long for asking some guards if they have seen anything? that could not have been the intention... then screw the info and lets go into the tower
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:12 PM »
The thing about Gather Information is that it encapsulates a lot of interaction: chatting up the guards to get them talkative, trying out a lot of people, etc. If you want to find One Guard and ask him what He knows, that's not even a roll if the guard is Helpful. If he's not Helpful, you need some diplomacy. If you want to get out there and listen to rumors and find out what's going on in the city, you end up talking to a lot of different people.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
true. I am just asking a random person quickly if he knows anything, if not then an open window might be the solution. otherwise we have to kick int he door  :smirk

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
hmm... maybe its time to look up a scroll of spider climb :P I am not too fond of breaking open the door, because it is probably booby trapped or something.

edit1: Are there any stores that specialize in the sale of magic items?
edit2: nvm; I don't have money to buy a scroll anyway  :P

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2008, 02:03:05 PM »
If folks are all gung-ho for breaking into the tower without gathing intel first, that's fine.  It just sounded to me like people were planning on waiting 'til the next morning, or late that night.

I'll put my gather info checks on hold then, or maybe only make the first one.  Then, at the latest, we'd enter the tower at about 9 PM.  I'll go with the group's opinions.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2008, 02:06:48 PM »
What I did was give you the lowest-DC nugget of info from a passing guard in a few moments. If you want to try and gather more information with extended checks, that's okay too. I suggest waiting until after the Tower Run, since there will probably be enough time for a check between the end of the Tower thing and bedtime.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »
Heh, I find it particularly amusing that a party with at least 4 potential B&E characters (Rogue/Swashbuckler, Rogue/Monk, Beguiler, Rogue/wizard), nobody's got open lock ranks. At least Myrd can search, find traps, and disable them.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2008, 02:36:34 PM »
There's always disable device on the lock. After all, if its been taken apart completely, it is not going to keep a door shut.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »
There's always disable device on the lock. After all, if its been taken apart completely, it is not going to keep a door shut.
this sounds like a plan... but shall we wait for the gather information check first and then start opening the door? might attract less attention and we might even find a way into the tower.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »
You can't disable a lock, sadly. Doesn't work that way - the only parts of the mechanism that are exposed are the parts you need to unlock.

Keep in mind, though, that the guards know you're investigating stuff, and that the wizard is missing. If you take a mace to the door, you won't get arrested or anything.