Author Topic: Your Show, Its Profile, and Marketing.  (Read 6737 times)

Zeke

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Your Show, Its Profile, and Marketing.
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 06:17:32 PM »
This is the place for too people with too much information disorder.

flannel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Logician
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 07:15:28 PM »
I have to throw in with the idea that the questioner very often doesn't know what question he's trying to get answered (the "is it good" meaning possibly "would i like it" meaning possibly "do others like it" meaning possibly "is it worth a few bucks for" meaning possibly "will this contend with other games as my favorite", etc., etc., etc.).

Defining the question, and redefining the question, and breaking down parts of the question into basic edible chunks... that's not a bad thing.  A specific question, agreeing with Shog, may be a very general one or a different one altogether; a general question may actually be specific.  Exploration isn't bad... I think we'd be all a lot better communicators were we to accept that at the outset...

That questions of "is it good" will have to relate to something else--as there isn't any "goodness" itself inherant.
. . .. ... .....
*wink*

Talen Lee

• Bi-Curious George
  • Forum Ninja
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »
One of the most exhilarating and exciting things I ever have the joy of seeing is watching a pair of aware, intelligent, assertive people argue rationally and maturely with one another in a public arena. Watching someone smart kicking someone someone stupid in the ass? Not really all that interesting.

Josh

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2008, 03:38:48 AM »
Again, maybe that's just me, but if I want a specific answer to a question, I'll ask the question. I won't ask some broad, general, likely crappy question.

You know it's too bad you don't have any samples of me answering questions.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009