Author Topic: [3.5 PrC] The God Hammer (Lightning caster)  (Read 1457 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
[3.5 PrC] The God Hammer (Lightning caster)
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: God Hammers gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Spells per Day: At each level except 3rd, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that she adds the level of God Hammer to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly.
If a character had more than one spellcasting class before she became a God Hammer, she must decide to which class she adds each level of God Hammer for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Electromagnetism (Su):Energetic Synergy (Su):Shocking Halo (Su):Lightning Body (Su):Electronic Interference (Su): A God Hammer of 4th level or higher is immune to either sonic or electricity (chosen upon reaching level 4; this choice may never be changed), and takes only half damage from the other energy type.

Cardinal Strike (Su): A God Hammer of 5th level has tremendous power over lightning. By taking a full-round action and spending a spell slot of 4th level or above, a God Hammer can call down a vicious storm of lightning. Every creature within 30 feet of the God Hammer takes 1d8 points of damage per caster level, half of which is electricity and half of which is sonic. Each creature so affected must also make a Fortitude save (DC 18 + Key Ability Modifier) or be deafened and shaken; each effect lasts for 2d4 rounds. Each spell level above 4th of the spell sacrificed adds +1 to the save DC, as well as +1 to each die of damage. Spells of 8th level or above instead take only a standard action to expend for this ability. For instance, a Sorcerer 11/God Hammer 5 with a Charisma score of 26 uses this ability, and expends a 7th level spell; the ability deals 15d8+45 points of damage (half sonic, half electricity), and creatures must make saves with a DC of 29. Had the sorcerer been 1 level higher and used an 8th level spell, it would only have taken a standard action, and would have dealt 16d8+64 points of damage.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:49:38 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
Re: [3.5 PrC] The God Hammer (Lightning caster)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »
The first thing I thought while I was reading this was that this is like the Pyrokineticist, but better, or The Human Torch.

What is the duration on the Lightning Body ability? What about using it outside of combat/encounters? How frequently can it be used then?

I think that the Cardinal Strike ability is ...not clearly written. Is it 1d8 damage or 1d8 damage per caster level or what?

Neat though :)
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: [3.5 PrC] The God Hammer (Lightning caster)
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »
Oh, hey, thanks. I completely missed those. The Cardinal Strike thing was cause I revised it, and screwed up midway through. I'll go remedy those errors now.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.