Author Topic: Holy Christmas, Dragon Magazine!  (Read 4832 times)

Eepop

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Eep...Eepop...Eepop Ananamus
Re: Holy Christmas, Dragon Magazine!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »
Yeah the AV2 preview is a little light as well.  Overall I am happy with my subscription, but with the druid preview, and this AV2 preview and them saying that the invoker is also a "preview" (their code for level 1-3 it seems like), I am getting a bit worried that this is the direction that they are taking all their stuff.

Just my opinion, but the mechanics on the tattoos seem, for lack of a better word, "wonky".  Many of them give some small benefit equal to the number of surges you have spent since your last extended rest.

And I very much dislike the concept of the "Orbs of Sequestered Conflict" but at least they acknowledge their effects on gameplay in the section before the items.  And it seems kind of like a ploy to sell more dungeontiles. 

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Holy Christmas, Dragon Magazine!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 08:58:34 PM »
Er, there's only the one compendium, the D&D Compendium that has all the crunch from Dragon/Dungeon/Books. Do you mean buying a full issue once it gets released?
I seriously doubt that.  It's not going to include crunch from books, otherwise the price would skyrocket and the thing would never sell.

I also wonder how well the game table thing is going to work out.
DDI isn't just a game table, it includes a lot of superfluous stuff that any guy that is somewhat knowledgeable about the system can do on his own.  Whats more, there are a number of free VTT programs already in existence, and the only advantage I see in DDI is that DDI is 3d while the others aren't.

Oh, and it doesn't work on Macs.  Fuck you, WotC!

Care to link those programs

Sorry if someone else asked, I didn't read the whole post.