Author Topic: Ticket to Ride  (Read 1942 times)

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Ticket to Ride
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »
I downloaded Ticket to Ride for the X360 yesterday - good fun.  It seems to me that it would be easier to play the physical game because people take time, and computers don't, so it buys you more time to strategize.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Re: Ticket to Ride
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
Yeah it is a great fun game.  Europe is my favorite so far. USA was okay but fewer route options and such.  Germany was okay but the addition of the passengers just didn't do anything for me.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:12:35 AM »
The game is fun and it has real fast turns because you can only do one thing.

But, my main problem is that you spend your opponents turns hoping that you don't get blocked.  So the games primary emotion is the dread of getting blocked.  So with the computer, that dread should be minimized.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 05:16:34 AM »
The computer blocks you too - so you're still fuming and frustrated, but at least you're not dreading.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
The game is fun and it has real fast turns because you can only do one thing.

But, my main problem is that you spend your opponents turns hoping that you don't get blocked.  So the games primary emotion is the dread of getting blocked.  So with the computer, that dread should be minimized.

hehe, so true.  Thankfully the group I play with usually doesn't block just to be an ass and cut someone off.  Though often there is a race to see who gets there first.  We tend to play a little friendlier as we usually have a young one playing too.
Placeholder - T'tosc