Author Topic: Recipes  (Read 6356 times)

Johannixx

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Recipes
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 03:46:44 AM »
Feel free to share any recipes that you love.

Anyone have any good recipes for venison? I have about 90 pounds of various cuts and ground that I need suggestions for.  :D

One of my old D&D friends had a Dragonlance cookbook, and therein lay a recipe called "Solamnic Stag on Steel".

1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup Sangria
1 tsp parsely
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp sage

Mix in a bowl, put the venison steaks in there, let them marinate in the fridge for two days, then grill them and baste with the remaining marinade.

YUMMY!

MasterVega

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 03:56:47 AM »
Vega's Cheesy Bread (ripped off of Little Caesar's and improved, or so I'd like to think.)

(not exactly healthy, but every time I've cooked it for friends or family I've received compliments >_> Either replace the butter with margerine [if that stuff is actually healthier than butter >_<] or ignore the butter altogether and you might feel a little less guilty. I dunno.
Another note: I use a bread machine for this recipe. If you do not have one, you should probably look up a how-to on preparing bread or something.)
-1 and 1/3 a cup of warm water.
-3 cups of bread flour + however much you need while flattening/stretching the dough.
-1-2tsp yeast
-1tsp salt
-2 tablespoons of vegetable, olive, canola,... some form of oil that you prefer.
-1 and 1/3 teaspoon of dry or bread machine yeast
-1 stick of butter
-1 liberal application of assorted Italian spices (especially garlic).
-Lots of Mozzarella Cheese (Parmesan too, if you like)

Start with the water, of course. Pour it into a mixing bowl, then add the flour. Well, actually just add the yeast, salt, and (whatever you picked) oil in too. This is the part where I throw it into the breadmachine and run it through the "dough" setting.

When the bread machine finishes, pour the dough onto a flat surface (which should have at least some flour on it, by the way, otherwise you're in trouble.) Press and stretch the dough until it fits within the pan (large [I use a 15.5"/10" stoneware bar pan]) you have selected to cook it on and is about as thick as you'd want a pizza (<1/2"). Spray the pan with non-stick stuff if you don't have a non-stick pan.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place the dough into the pan and apply cheeses to taste (I use a lot, enough that you can't see the bread in most places). Melt the stick of butter and mix in the assorted Italian spices to taste (again, I use a lot.) Use either a spoon or a baster to drip the mix over the cheesy bread until there is no mix left.
- Again, if you don't want to use butter, just sprinkle the spices on to taste.

Toss the stuff in the oven and cook for ~30 minutes or until the cheese is about as cooked as it'll get without burning.
Let cool for ~3 minutes after removing from oven. Cut into pieces of your preferred size and serve as a side, or as an appetizer.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:01:51 AM by MasterVega »
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 07:03:12 AM »
Margarine varies greatly by recipe, and quite a few are unhealthier for you than butter. 

Having once managed for Little Caesars in mah youth, your bread is definitely an improvement.  Honestly their version is simple: Cut small pizza dough ball into strips, bake, brush with melted butter, top with a  mix of salt/parmesan.

MasterVega

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »
Thank you, but I think you might be a bit confused. I was ripping off of this. Hilariously enough that stuff is better (taste-wise) than their pizza. Not exactly a feat in and of itself, but funny.
Mine's a whole lot less greasy though, and cheaper per person. :)

Thanks for the note about margarine, too. I can't stand the stuff, but some people are not so picky.
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »
"There's something horribly wrong with my sense of taste" Sandwich

Pumpernickel bread
Braunsweiger
1/2 cup Frozen chopped spinach
1/4 cup Frozen chopped broccoli
1 tbsp butter
"Italian Pasta Cheese" which is more or less a mix of mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan with garlic mixed in. Any white cheese with garlic will do, really, this is just what I had on hand.

Combine the vegetables and butter in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute and after 2 minutes. Top the vegetables with cheese and microwave for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, slice up your braunsweiger and put it on the bread. Slide the vegetables and cheese out of the bowl and onto the braunsweiger (you didn't stir the cheese in, right? if you did it'll stick to the bowl).
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.