Author Topic: *points at your icon* What/who is that?  (Read 68152 times)

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
Re: *points at your icon* What/who is that?
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2008, 07:30:15 AM »
Mine's Vault Boy from the Fallout series.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »
Hmm...maybe it's time I change my Icon.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »
My avy is a pic of 10-year old Lucy from Elfen Lied, shortly after snapping for good.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »
Mine is me, I need a new one though...

Maybe this?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:17:21 PM by SixthDeclension »
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2008, 04:35:29 PM »
My avy is a pic of 10-year old Lucy from Elfen Lied, shortly after snapping for good.
I love that girl.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »
Mine is simply an octopus that I found online and shrunk to fit the 80x80 requirement. Among other animals, such as cougars, dolphins, cats, wolves and tigers, I like octopus.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »
So that's what it is. I've seen that show, but I didn't recognise it.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
Mine is simply an octopus that I found online and shrunk to fit the 80x80 requirement. Among other animals, such as cougars, dolphins, cats, wolves and tigers, I like octopus.

Every time I look at your avy I see a purple monkey.  Crouched down and all.  Those front tentacles are arms.  The back ones are a branch.  You can't look at the eyes of the octopus, but the whiter area in front of it.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 09:29:47 PM »
You're not alone; I can see that too. That's one reason that I haven't changed it. :)
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »
Mustis, lead guitarist of Dimmu Borgir. Been using him for about 8-10 years or so.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2008, 02:54:45 PM »
Mine is from a Magic card: Ink Eyes, Servant of Oni.

I like the card, and I liked the pic when I chose it for my avatar back at WotC (before it was run by Gleemax).  I figured I'd used it there long enough to bring it over here.

BimR was looking through my rare binder of magic cards yesterday, and suddenly props up, "THAT'S HIS ICON!" as she points at my copy of Ink Eyes. It was like she didn't believe you that the card existed. :lmao

I had never seen it before!!!

BTW I think I'm going to steal that card from you.  0:)
I've always liked the card, although I don't know that I've ever gotten the chance to use it in play.  Even if I had it out, I know I've never used its ability to steal creatures from an opponent's graveyard.  Oh well.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2008, 07:09:48 PM »
Ink-Eyes is good, but only once or twice. She usually gets in one good hit before they devote something to taking her out and preventing her from yoinking your yard.

Awesome, but Impractical. She makes a great EDH General though, for some strange reason.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Talen Lee

• Bi-Curious George
  • Forum Ninja
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2008, 07:37:53 PM »
Still card advantage. Unless you missed it, she's a 5-power black beatstick with regeneration. Not only is she hard to take out, but she only need to connect four times. That dude she yoinks plays defence and maybe joins in the second time.

She only gets to hit once or twice, but that's all she needs to do. And if she gets icked, you're usually up a card.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »
Still card advantage. Unless you missed it, she's a 5-power black beatstick with regeneration. Not only is she hard to take out, but she only need to connect four times. That dude she yoinks plays defence and maybe joins in the second time.

She only gets to hit once or twice, but that's all she needs to do. And if she gets icked, you're usually up a card.

The problem is her cost. 5 mana is not easy to get in Extended, and there is so much hate that's so easy to get (Condemn, anyone?) that she's impractical.

Granted, she rocked during Block season.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Talen Lee

• Bi-Curious George
  • Forum Ninja
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2008, 10:03:18 PM »
Meh, extended.

Meh, competitive extended.

She was solid in standard, rock solid in block.

Let's not go to extended. It is a silly place.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2008, 03:06:58 PM »
Ink-Eyes is good, but only once or twice. She usually gets in one good hit before they devote something to taking her out and preventing her from yoinking your yard.

Awesome, but Impractical. She makes a great EDH General though, for some strange reason.
EDH?

Yeah, a combination of that, and the surprise factor of ninjitsu were a draw to me.  Still, you have to keep five mana open to pull that off as well.

The problem is her cost. 5 mana is not easy to get in Extended, and there is so much hate that's so easy to get (Condemn, anyone?) that she's impractical.
I've only ever played with a few people on a regular basis, and none of us were interested in tourney rules.  As a result, we tended to use the most loose, basic rules for deck building (which I think were the standard of Revised Edition, when I started playing).  We would limit ourselves to four of any one card, or one of the restricted cards, but we never restricted ourselves to type II or anything.  So, I do have access to things like Dark Rituals and Sol Rings (well Sol Ring, singular), and the like.

That being said, sadly, I seldom get to play anymore.  I picked her up toward the end of my semi-regular playing days.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »

EDH?

Yeah, a combination of that, and the surprise factor of ninjitsu were a draw to me.  Still, you have to keep five mana open to pull that off as well.

I've only ever played with a few people on a regular basis, and none of us were interested in tourney rules.  As a result, we tended to use the most loose, basic rules for deck building (which I think were the standard of Revised Edition, when I started playing).  We would limit ourselves to four of any one card, or one of the restricted cards, but we never restricted ourselves to type II or anything.  So, I do have access to things like Dark Rituals and Sol Rings (well Sol Ring, singular), and the like.

That being said, sadly, I seldom get to play anymore.  I picked her up toward the end of my semi-regular playing days.

EDH is Elder Dragon Highlander. It's the format that got me back into magic. Google it, it's like the first or second result.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Talen Lee

• Bi-Curious George
  • Forum Ninja
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »
Elder Dragon Highlander is totally fucking amazing and totally untenable without a social group. You can't usually do pick-up EDH games.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »
Elder Dragon Highlander is totally fucking amazing and totally untenable without a social group. You can't usually do pick-up EDH games.

At least three people are needed to truly enjoy it. The games change every damn time due to the rules.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2008, 03:15:51 AM »
Mine is the most awesometastic dog evah, Lakota.

I may be biased though...
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls