Author Topic: The Arcana Wiki - An Idea Resource In Progress  (Read 1736 times)

MaskedBrute

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Two-Gun Justice
    • Email
The Arcana Wiki - An Idea Resource In Progress
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
So there's this online resource for gaming ideas, inspirational material, and basic tropes called The Arcana Wiki that I've recently stumbled across.

It's very basic right now, apparently only growing slowly over the last few months, but I hope that I'll occasionally have the chance to contribute (I just spent far more time than I should have creating an entry for a favorite historical figure). There are certainly some nice news-article and history based ideas available there already and if it could grow to the point that the random generators they're building, or even just the site as a whole, got deep enough to really go mining in... well that'd be great.

So I'd like to encourage anyone who thinks they know of a real-life (or pre-existing fictional) event, person, place, or thing that could be especially good game-fodder to duck over there and add it on when they get the chance.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 06:30:29 PM by MaskedBrute »
-AKA: Mike
//-Running: Never Enough Knives (Hiatus)
//-Projects: Majestas Universitas, The Devil's Right Hand, Space & Steel Revision

Jürgen Hubert

• Noob
    • Email
Re: The Arcana Wiki - An Idea Resource In Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »
<thread necromancy>

Thanks for plugging my site back then! Since then, it has been growing nicely - we are rapidly reaching 2,000 individual entries.

The random generators are also gradually getting better - I especially recommend looking at the Random Adventure Seeds, Random Characters, and Random Nations generators...