Author Topic: Gaming Profile/Preference Thread  (Read 55052 times)

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Gaming Profile/Preference Thread
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2011, 03:59:31 AM »
Gaming Experience: I have been playing DnD, since 3e first came out. I've been a player almost the whole time, but have DM'd a couple times with mostly noobs. I know quite a bit about the lower planes, particularly The Abyss, thanks to Planescape 2e.
Average level interested in playing: high, when I have the time
Favorite System(s): D&D 3x
Favorite Setting(s): Planescape, Forgotten Realms
Style of play: Mix of rp/combat- 50%/50% depending on the style of game
Favorite Game Type: Extraplanar
Favorite Class Type: Evil-curious wizard with high Int and crap Wis, or insane berserker. I'm about to play my first part bard character ever in The Arena
Favorite Class: Wizard
Favorite Prestige Class: Frenzied Berserker, Halfling Chicken Wrangler (homebrew)
Average Posting Rate: I rarely leave, sadly
Currently DMing: I have ideas, but not the time
Currently Playing: Arena of Ascension on myth-weavers

Xanzibard

• Noob
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »
Gaming Experience: I did a few low level dungeon runs about 4 years ago. I can't really find anyone to play with around here though. Lots of experience optimizing in a vacuum though
Average level interested in playing: any
Favorite System(s): D&D 3.5
Favorite Setting(s): undecided
Style of play: varied
Favorite Game Type: undecided
Favorite Class Type: anything with lots of options
Favorite Class: Bard
Favorite Prestige Class: none atm
Average Posting Rate: I can check here regularly
Currently DMing: none
Currently Playing: none

SPACEBALL

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
Gaming Experience: New to PbP, first introduced to D&D about 3 years ago.  This past year I started DMing a game for some friends as an excuse to drag us all away from World of Warcraft and hang out away from a raid environment.  We tend to double check/mix up the rules more often then not though.
Average Level Interested in Playing: 2nd or lower, though I might know enough tricks to survive in tier 1.
Favorite Systems: Only played 3.5, but done some reading on pathfinder and e6.
Favorite Settings: Any that don't restrict characters or their development (magic marts preferred over random treasure).
Style of Play: Never played in a high social/roleplay group, but I wouldn't shy away from it if the opportunity was there.
Favorite Game Type: Anything.  Looking to get my hands dirty in PbP.
Favorite Class Type: I've had fun with full casters and barbarians alike.
Favorite Class: I can't decide.  There's still so many classes I want to try.
Favorite Prestige Class: Oh god even more choices....Depends if I feel like throwing spells or power attacks.
Average Posting Rate: I could manage a post or two on days that I work/have class, more posts on my off days.  Currently only working 2-3 days a week.
Currently DMing: Nothing
Current Characters: None

Mystic Lemur

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:45 AM »
Gaming Experience: Played an DMed off and on since 3.0 came out. Dabbled in d20 Modern, 4e, and WoD (old and new) but not exactly proficient in any of them.
Average level interested in playing: I like the life or death feel of the lower levels, but honestly I've never really played much higher than 10-12th.
Favorite System(s): 3.5, but I'm learning to like Pathfinder.
Favorite Setting(s): Forgotten Realms (Yeah, yeah. Quit laughing.)
Style of play: Don't really have one.
Favorite Game Type: I'm up for anything
Favorite Class Type: striker/defender
Favorite Class: Whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. (Currently trying to decide if I like the 3rd party Pathfinder Warlock)
Favorite Prestige Class: Dirgesinger
Average Posting Rate: I can usually do once a day.
Currently DMing: Night Below converted to 3.75 (3.5 rules with Pathfinder skills and base classes) for my IRL group
Currently Playing:
-Keep on the Shadowfell (currently on hold)
-Dead Earth (d20 Modern zombie apocalypse)
-Upon the Earth as Water (d20 Modern evil campaign where we all have a tweaked Vampire template.)
-Vulture Squadron (Paranoia)
-
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:13:06 AM by Mystic Lemur »

Pktt

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »
Gaming Experience:I was introduced to D&D in junior year of high school. I couldn't show up to sessions half the time so we decided my character had narcolepsy. Since, I've tried to DM or play through chat clients, but not many of my friends are interested. I do read a lot about D&D, so it should make up for my lack of IRL experience, somewhat.

Average level interested in playing: I'll play anything, but I'd prefer to nurture a character up from a low level.

Favorite System(s): D&D 3.5, Pathfinder. I especially like some of Pathfinder's character options for certain classes (e.g. monk archetypes).
Favorite Setting(s): Eberron, possibly because I actually own Eberron books. Planescape intrigues me. Homebrew is fine too.

Style of play: Role-playing, combat, and exploration, in whatever proportion. A puzzle-heavy campaign might be interesting too. Straight combat gets boring after a while, though.
Favorite Game Type: My first D&D campaign involved roaming from town to town and relatively short delves into keeps/dungeons, if at all, so I've become accustomed to that. I'd be just as excited to try new game types, of course.

Favorite Class Type: I'll play whatever the party needs, but I have a soft spot for casters, especially those with preset spell lists.
Favorite Class: Warmage or Psion
Favorite Race: Warforged. Sure, you can call them robots, but I'm into philosophy IRL for whatever reason, and warforged raise interesting issues. Working around a double stat penalty also brings out my inner twink.
Favorite Prestige Class: Arcane Trickster or Spellwarp Sniper. I enjoy pretty much any PrC that fuses classes together.

Average Posting Rate: I'm always near my computer, but up to now I've lurked a lot since I rarely come up with important stuff to post. If this refers to average posting rate within a game, I haven't been in one yet, but I can probably manage one or more a day.

Currently DMing: None
Currently Playing: None
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:15:31 PM by Pktt »

DrHorrible

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • The awesomest ever.
    • ItaSA
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2011, 06:51:24 AM »
Gaming Experience: I've playing DnD since 2001 both as a DM and as player.
Average level interested in playing: Any
Favorite System(s): D&D 3.5
Favorite Setting(s): Greyhawk ( Standard Setting )
Style of play: Depends on the game.
Favorite Game Type: Multiplanar adventure
Favorite Class Type: Gish
Favorite Class: Paladin
Favorite Prestige Class: Dread Commando
Average Posting Rate: Got a lot of computer time on my hands.
Currently DMing: none.
Currently Playing: none.
Believe.

sirpercival

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2011, 02:51:39 PM »
Gaming Experience: I've been playing and DM'ing for 19 years, since 2nd edition AD&D.  I usually DM but have been on the other side of the screen a few more times recently.
Average level interested in playing: Any.
Favorite System(s): D&D 3.5, Fate system
Favorite Setting(s): Eberron, FR, homebrews, Dresden Files.  I like inclusive rather than restrictive settings -- players have more fun when they can play what they want, so for my own games I figure it's my job as DM to make that happen.
Style of play: Heavy RP, combat, puzzle solving, intrigue, etc., I love it all.
Favorite Game Type: I like epic sagas, stories where the PCs start out as somewhat insignificant and end up changing/saving/shattering the world.  But pretty much anything with a plot, not just a dungeon crawl.
Favorite Class Type: I like playing characters of incredible versatility (though sometimes kind of unfocused).  Wizards, archivists, artificers, factotums, binders, totemists, crusaders, warblades, dragonfire adepts.  I usually multiclass and PrC.
Favorite Class: Too many to choose from.
Favorite Prestige Class: See above, it all depends on the character concept.
Average Posting Rate: I'm on here like 24/7.  My life is my laptop and my laptop is my life.
Currently DMing: Augury, High Arcana - Imperium (co).
Currently Playing: High Arcana - Imperium.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:49:27 AM by sirpercival »
Burn all the microfiche!  Firebomb all the 8-tracks!

I'm not just a druid -- I'm a singing, dancing, Broadway druid.

[spoiler]
Quote from: PhaedrusXY
"You... saved me? So I was dismantled? I... thank you, then. I will not incinerate you."

There's only one character concept worth having, and that's the one you've thrown darts at.
[/spoiler]

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2011, 01:41:20 AM »
Gaming Experience: I started when D&D 3.5e came out, and I still play whenever I can. Aside from 3.5e, I've had a fair share of Vampire: The Masquerade and I touched Shadowrun 4e a bit. I've never been a DM before, though.
Average level interested in playing: Usually anything except over-the-board-Epic-spellcasting-what-the-hell.
Favorite System(s): D&D 3.5e.
Favorite Setting(s): Past experiences made me like homebrew better (I kind of NOT like FR), but I'd be open to try anything else, especially Eberron.
Style of play: A mix of everything in a balanced way usually, though it depends on the game too.
Favorite Game Type: I like games where PC's choices really matters and where they don't get railroaded into oblivion. But really, I'm open to anything.
Favorite Class Type: I like having non-one-dimensional characters most of the time. I like versatility but I usually cannot keep up with wizard-level book-keeping, so I usually tend to make 'em more focused, whatever the type may be. I like pretty much anything.
Favorite Class: Can't say. I like psionics alot though.
Favorite Prestige Class: There're too many out there.
Average Posting Rate: I practically always have access to the Internets.
Currently DMing: None.
Currently Playing: Augury.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:03:59 PM by Shiki »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
Gaming Experience: Started playing when I was about 8. Started DMing when I was about 13. Played nearly every system..
Favorite System(s): D&D, StarWars, RIFTS - Thats just limiting my self to 3 :D
Favorite Setting(s): Ravenloft or homebrew.
Style of play: Dark gothic Horror. 50/50   RP/hack'n'slash.
Favorite Game Type: One with a good DM
Favorite Class Type: Ones that fit my style of play the best are self sufficient. I tend to act quickly without over thinking the situation. I rarely consider consequences :D
Favorite Class: Druid
Favorite Prestige Class: Incantrix.
Average Posting Rate: Depends really.. I would say up to afew times daily. With afew day stretches of no activity what so ever.
Currently DMing: [High Arcana - Imperium] , [3.5 Ravenloft - BloodMoon Legacy]
Currently Playing: Augury, OsleCamos MonsterMash
Slappin ho's like E-Honda