Author Topic: Whale Wars  (Read 2588 times)

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
  • "I do not exist," we faithfully insist.
    • Facebook
Whale Wars
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:52:57 AM »
This show is crazy. I don't know who to side with/I side with the conservationists. I really like that they go out and take action where it needs to be taken, but it's too bad that it has to be this way. I can't wait to see the captain get shot.

For those of you that don't know what this show is, here's a brief description of what's going on:

Japanese fishing boats with "RESEARCH" written on the side of them are killing endangered whales in this huge arctic oceanic reserve. No one regulates this or tries to stop them despite the laws being in place that due to the diminishing numbers in the whale population, fishing is prohibited. Each whale is worth close to a million dollars and the Japanese send out fleets -- generally 2 harpooning ships, 2 processing ships, and a refueling ship. So these conservationists get a boat and harass the Japanese whaling fleets. They do stuff like throw stink bombs which make the crew nauseas for days and ruins the whale meat, purposely get two of their crew members kidnapped so that they Australian government will intervene and force the Japs to go home, and tie up the propellers of the Japanese fleets. The commercials depict the Japanese throwing grenades at the conservationists and even shooting the captain at one point.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:55:03 AM by wO-_-OdrOw »
Mine's been a yard carefully surface-tended, foxes burrowed underground.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
Re: Whale Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 12:56:25 AM »
I saw a trailer for this at a midnight showing of Quantum of Solace with a friend from work who was a Navy man.  I was like "Those guys have weapons that kill frickin' WHALES - the largest animals on EARTH.  You'd better bring a bigger gun than they have - something like a 50 cal, at least".  He was like "No, a 3in Long-gun"

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 03:54:43 AM »
What's a 3in. Long-Gun? A penis?
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 04:00:07 AM »
Its a ship cannon - its "caliber" is 3in.  BIG.  ASS.  GUN.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 06:05:59 AM »
http://www.fototime.com/2B0EA183C22E377/orig.jpg

Thats a 3 inch gun.  The land bound version.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 06:32:26 AM »
What's a 3in. Long-Gun? A penis?
Thats the size of the projectile see.:D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

wO-_-OdrOw

• Bi-Curious George
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:42:45 PM »
I don't know why the ammo never crossed my mind. I was thinking like... noisy cricket or something. But no, the conservationists don't use those, they just throw stink bombs that ruin the whale meat on-board and make the Japs nauseous and draw media attention, which is the biggest gun of all.
<--Warlord CCG, NOT DnD

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 10:45:56 PM »
I don't know why the ammo never crossed my mind. I was thinking like... noisy cricket or something. But no, the conservationists don't use those, they just throw stink bombs that ruin the whale meat on-board and make the Japs nauseous and draw media attention, which is the biggest gun of all.
Not to mention non-lethal methods... because it gets stupid when conservationists start killing people (that means YOU, PETA).

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 12:32:04 AM »
A whale is worth a million bucks ..... I got to get in that racket somehow.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 12:56:46 AM »
A whale is worth a million bucks ..... I got to get in that racket somehow.
Whale farming, it's the only way.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

TheChrisWaits

• Honorary Moderator
  • Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »
Druids can start summoning them pretty early, I think. I'd start investing some levels.