Author Topic: Qs on Battle Jump, Sudden Leap, Headlong Rush, et al  (Read 8047 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Qs on Battle Jump, Sudden Leap, Headlong Rush, et al
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »
Battle Jump (Unapproachable East 42) states that if I fall from 5-30' above my target, the attack is treated as a charge.  Since I 'charge,' does this require a full-round action?  If I can jump as a swift action, such as from the Sudden Leap maneuver, can I initiate a Battle Jump?

If I also have the feat Headlong Rush (Races of Faerun 164), at what time must I declare I'm activating the ability to gain double damage on a charge?  (I'm aware doubling a battle jump's double damage is a tripling.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:26:13 PM by Endarire »
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
Re: Qs on Battle Jump, Sudden Leap, Headlong Rush, et al
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:57:32 AM »
Battle Jump (Unapproachable East 42) states that if I fall from 5-30' above my target, the attack is treated as a charge.  Since I 'charge,' does this require a full-round action?  If I can jump as a swift action, such as from the Sudden Leap maneuver, can I initiate a Battle Jump?

As far as I can tell, if you use Sudden Leap you can charge as a swift action.  Fun times.  Consider adding in Shadow Jaunt and the move action version of the same, so that you can now charge three times in a single round (once as a swift action, once as a move action, and once as a standard action).

If I also have the feat Headlong Rush (Races of Faerun 164), at what time must I declare I'm activating the ability to gain double damage on a charge?  (I'm aware doubling a battle jump's double damage is a tripling.)

It's also here, by the way:  http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030301a

I'd say when you declare the action in the first place.  It says you do it "instead of" a charge, so you don't declare a charge, you declare a headlong rush, and that acts like a charge except with specific differences (more AoOs, double damage).

Also, add Leap Attack if you're going to do all this, and don't forget the stance that adds 10' to all jumps.

JaronK