Author Topic: Mechanomy! (AfterCrescent) vs. Recyclobot (veekie)  (Read 2223 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Mechanomy! (AfterCrescent) vs. Recyclobot (veekie)
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »
"We have an interesting match today, fans! Join us for the clash of two titanium titans!"

"Please welcome... Mechanomy!"

[spoiler]Mechanomy! makes his entrance, I respond, Recyclobot makes his entrance, then I set up the arena.

Destined Winner: Mechanomy![/spoiler]
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: Mechanomy! (AfterCrescent) vs. Recyclobot (veekie)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »
The giant, multi-colored robot of doom steps through the archway into the arena. As its thundering footsteps echo across the open landscape, Mechanomy! either fails to notice or doesn't care that loving spectators are leaping to their death in a futile attempt to touch the giant robot... only to be squashed underneath it.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »
Through the other archway, a lone camera on a broken tripod dragged itself into the arena, followed by a tsunami of mechanical junk. Assembling into a massive flying eyeball, Recyclobot gave it's massive opponent an appraising look, and the 'pupil' reshaped into a large speaker.

"Grade AAA raw material detected. Query: Voluntary Assimilation? Unison: Desirable. Partial Awareness: Retained."

Behind the main mass of the 'eye', stray parts formed into a minature fleet of antenna on jets.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
"And give it up for... Recyclobot!"

"Contestants please enter the arena."

As they do so, the audience's gaze turns to the balcony and the bearded man that stands upon it.
"Barrier Expansion!"

The inside of the barrier darkens and the ground turns to black metal. Suddenly, a section of floor rockets upwards to Mechanomy's left. More and more sections extend into great towers, including the ones holding the contestants.

Two two robots find themselves on a series of rectangular platforms resembling a columnar basalt formation amidst a great storm. The audience is no longer visible, though their cheers can still be heard. Spaced fairly evenly throught the arena are massive pits too deep to see the end. Angular streaks of light run just below the surface of the platforms.

"Let the match begin!"
As the cheers reach a crescendo, a blast of brilliant white light erupts from one of the pits - it is clearly powerful enough to vapourise either contestant instantly.
[spoiler]The streams of energy are intermittent and appear or disappear without warning.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:37:29 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
A series of lights begin to flash across Mechanomy!'s chest, as the robot begins to turn on multiple, mechanical functions.  It's two story head scans the arena-turned-pillows before its deep, megaphone style voice emits from the speakers buried somewhere beneath its durable exterior.

TARGETING SYSTEMS: ONLINE
ACQUIRING TARGET: RECYCLOBOT
TARGET ACQUIRED!

ANALYZE TARGET: RECYCLOBOT
ANALYSIS STATUS: COMPLETE
THREAT MINIMAL
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »
"Offer: Rejected. Commence involuntary dismantling"

The speaker shifted, becoming a large antenna, while the smaller components moved to englobe Mechanomy. Lightning arced from it to the smaller dishes, forming a great ball of electricity around and through Mechanomy.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 12:10:49 AM »
ELECTRIC DISRUPTION!
ACTIVATE GENERATOR ABSORPTION!

Small, tractor-sized antennae protrude from Mechanomy!'s joints. As the electricity arcs to the lightning rods, a slight humming sound can be heard as the generator charges.

COMMENCE FIRING SEQUENCE!

Both shoulder carapaces open as dual laser cannons protude and begin rapid firing at the multiple pieces of Recyclobot.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 12:25:34 AM »
"Electrical assault: Ineffective. Alteration in progress"

The antennas retracted, and gleamed, becoming mirror bright. The main body reshaped itself for a moment, a giant lens replacing it's own antenna.

"Laser/EMP Crossfire"
A massive beam manifested, and become a webwork of destructive force, the stray heat causing the arena to deform.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »
RETALIATION IMMINENT!
ACTIVATE COUNTERMEASURE!

As its opponent reshaped, Mechanomy!'s chest opened as an enormous cannon protruded. As Recyclobot's beam fires at Mechanomy!, the giant robot responds with its own massive laser light show. As the two beams meet in the middle, an explosion rocks out, across the arena.
[spoiler]Cue the announcer for collateral damage. :D[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 02:41:34 AM »
While the beam-o-war raged, the reflectors folded into drill form and hit the arena platform, digging deep even as the main body of Recyclobot flew above it's titanic opponent, beam flickering slightly as the intensity took it's toll upon Recyclobot's power supply.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]