http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com
February 18, 2018, 10:09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: These boards are now READ ONLY. We've started over! So don't try posting here. Go here http://minmaxforum.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Play by Post questions and suggestions  (Read 19117 times)
Omen of Peace
Hong Kong

Wise Madman

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »

I don't remember any 4E game but I could be wrong. The "retired games" board seems like a good idea.

Silanah heard their songs and prayers. And she watched. Sometimes mortals did indeed forget. Sometimes, mortals needed… reminding…
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson
fil kearney
Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2008, 04:28:07 PM »

I don't remember any 4E game but I could be wrong. The "retired games" board seems like a good idea.

second on the retired board.  Helps keep things clean.

Blade2718
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:33 AM »

If not a Retirement Home thread, then at least euthanize them. =)

AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 01:10:06 AM »

So I've sent PMs to the GMs of the last 4 games that I haven't moved yet. I'm not sure if they're still on-going or not. If anyone knows for certain, please feel free to let me know. Big Grin

As always, feel free to continue the discussions if this organization method seems to be working or not for you and why.

The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie
AndyJames
Organ Grinder

Meep?

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »

Can we please have the old style of PbP board structure back? I use the line of child boards to see if there is anything new in my campaign. Now, I actually have to go into that board to see that list of child boards. It was much more convenient, especially since I only glance at BG most of the time.
Brainpiercing
Hong Kong

Thread Killer

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 12:03:30 PM »

I second AndyJames's request, or at least provide direct links to the game forums on the main page, even if you keep them on a child forum.
Of course I could also change my bookmark to just include the games forum, but it still seems limiting.
Blade2718
That monkey with the orange ass cheeks

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »

What is the difference between the games listed under PbP Games and the games listed on the main forum?

Brainpiercing
Hong Kong

Thread Killer

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

The difference is that you can see from the main page whether there are any new posts. Now I need to look in a sub-forum to see whether there are any new posts.

Also, it takes longer to reach them, obviously.
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:33 PM »

Well there are some reasons that the reorganization came about. The main page definitely looks a lot cleaner now, without that mass of child boards listed on the main page. It also, hopefully, doesn't deter newcomers to the PbP area, since they won't have to scroll down over a page of child forums to get to the recruiting threads.

Those are just the top two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.  How would those of you who do not currently like the set-up suggest addressing this issue?

As for possible solutions to your problems, I don't think (barring an old 56K modem) that it takes longer to make one extra click.  However, if you feel that way, you can always bookmark your games. Or you can select the link at the top of the forum labeled "Show new replies to your posts" to see if someone has posted in your game. And of course, you can subscribe to the actual game so you are notified when something happens.

But I do hear the voices that don't like the set-up, so I'm definitely interested in hearing alternative approaches.

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »

All right. I haven't heard back from anyone in regards to the three games I was unsure of, so I have moved them into the retired games subforum. If they're still active, Just let me know, either here or via PM.

Edit: All right I don't feel like triple posting. However, I just noticed we have a 4e game. Just felt like mentioning that. It makes me happy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:44:39 AM by aftercrescent » Logged

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »

So, incase everyone can't tell, Invisible Castle is down.

Here's a backup roller those of you can use. Vacuum Elementals

It also allows for recording of rolls by name. Simple, but should suffice until either IC comes back up or we get our own roller on the site.

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Maximiano
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Good, good.

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »

And how exactly do i start (transfering from RA) a game here Mr. Moderator? Flirt

Good gaming for you.
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2008, 09:04:19 PM »

Heh. It's not too bad. Once you know who the players are, use the Current Game thread to list the game name, players, and GM. I'll set you up with your own board in the PbP Games area. You'll be mod of the whole area and can start whichever threads you need.

A good idea is to make an OOC thread for chat about the game; A game thread for playing; And a character sheet thread to keep those organized. You can also sticky the game thread so it's at the top of the mini-forum. Whenever you reach a new campaign arc, you can lock that thread and start a new one. Smile

So basically, post in the current game thread and we'll set you up with a board. Big Grin

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Maximiano
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Good, good.

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »

Oh...okay.

Shall try and do that.

Is Vargach Vaeri ready for some demon fighting my friend?  Big Grin

Good gaming for you.
dman11235
Grape ape

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2008, 09:43:03 PM »

Anyone know of a good map program?  I've got a couple candidates, but I want to see if any others are out there.

My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »

Maximiano, you're board's up. And of course she is.

Dman, if you find a good (free) one, let me know. I'll even add it to the handbook for GMs. I'd love to not be using excel anymore o.O

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Maximiano
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Good, good.

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2008, 09:54:14 PM »

How do i sticky things for God's sake!!?Confused?

Good gaming for you.
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2008, 09:57:45 PM »

In the forum for your game, open the thread. At the bottom of the page on the left there should be a link that says something like Set Topic Sticky. Click it.

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Maximiano
Ring-Tailed Lemur

Good, good.

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »

MMMWAHAHHA!

It is done...

Go do your dirty work there then  Wink

EDIT:You were faster   Clap
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:02:10 PM by Maximiano » Logged

Good gaming for you.
AfterCrescent
Organ Grinder

Here After

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:01 PM »

Added a poll to the thread for GM reference when thinking of starting a game. Big Grin

The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  

Jump to: