Author Topic: Re: Keeping it Core?  (Read 2007 times)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
Re: Keeping it Core?
« on: November 08, 2008, 01:12:16 AM »
As for acting on faith: Acting on faith is one thing. Acting in blind obliviousness to probability is merely stupidity.
Which is why I haven't bought in a started a thread. I'm not fucking stupid.

Thing is....

I've actually listened to you.
That argument works with others not with me.
We've had long drawn out detailed point by point debates about shit.
Unless by listening you mean in the sothern collquial sense of "obey", or "comply" in
which case I'll stop contradicting you when you stop being wrong.

However you listening to me?
Even when all the evidence is against you... still you will not listen.
You just attempt to change the dynamic i.e. IF IT works like that then It's BULLSHIT!
Which is as close as you seem to come to saying... well I guess you're right.
There's a whole gameology thread that got closed cause you feel like "everyone's picking on me"
No one even knew you up to that point, and poof, your -gamer score increase by its own weight.
... and even then instead of saying "How am I pissing people off" you say. This system is WRONG!
It's not being manipulated you really do come off as that unlikeable.
If I had an ignore button I wouldn't be subjected to  your 2000 post spread of sucktastictude.

PhoenixInferno
I kill trolls with fire.
Best killing ever...  :clap
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:15:01 AM by Midnight_v »
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Elennsar

• Grape ape
  • The Emperor is watching, the Emperor knows.
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:15:19 AM »
One thing that ought to be noted though...

Buttkicking isn't necessarily independent from system.

A grittier form of the buttkicking genre needs different rules (and invovles different settings) than a more forgiving form of the buttkicking genre, for instance.

A system where anyone can survive ten gunshots is a very different system than one successful shot (if not dodged/etc. as distinct from "does damage") can kill.

Midnight: No, you haven't. You've done a great deal of not listening.

As for an ignore button: There's the "I don't read his posts" option. As in, you don't acknowledge that they are there and respond only to the posts of others. Instead of half-assedly reading, claiming you read what I typed, ignoring the point and the clarification of the point, and complaining that I'm the problem.

Regardless, your rant about me is off topic.

[spoiler] I hate typos...[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:42:36 AM by Elennsar »
Faith can move mountains. It still can't deflect bullets.

"Communication with humans." is a cross-class skill for me. Please bear this in mind.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:18:15 AM »

A grittier form of the buttkicking genre needs different rules (and invovles different settings) than a more forgiving form of the buttkicking genre, for instance.

A system where anyone can survive ten gunshots is a very different system than one successful shot (if not dodged/etc. as distinct from "does damage") can kill.

As for an ignore button: There's the "I don't read his posts" option. As in, you don't acknowledge that they are there and respond only to the posts of others. Instead of half-assedly reading, claiming you read what I typed, ignoring the point and the clarification of the point, and complaining that I'm the problem.

Regardless, your rant about me is off tpic.
Kills troll with acid.

Point of fact. This thread is about the use of core materials only. It has nothing to do with optimization or you're bitching about optimization rather...
So why don't you ... I don't know... Start talking about core immediately or Get the fuck out?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 01:20:18 AM »

Regardless, your rant about me is off tpic.
Kills troll with acid.

Point of fact. This thread is about the use of core materials only. It has nothing to do with optimization or you're bitching about optimization rather...
So why don't you ... I don't know... Start talking about core immediately or Get the fuck out?
Eh, the thread is already off-topic anyway.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 01:21:04 AM »
I know I just really wanted to tell him to get the fuck out. Thanks though...

Elennsar

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 01:30:44 AM »
So basically, you just wanted to bash me, regardless of whether it was on topic, justified, or anything else.

Hm. Pity douchebaggery is still undefined or that would be a perfect post to report for it.

As for core: This got derailed from pure core the instant suggesting Swordsages was mentioned.

So...if we have a problem, start it there.

If not, where were we in regards to swordsages and the rest?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:35:35 AM by Elennsar »

"Communication with humans." is a cross-class skill for me. Please bear this in mind.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 01:39:02 AM »
So basically, you just wanted to bash me, regardless of whether it was on topic, justified, or anything else.

Hm. Pity douchebaggery is still undefined or that would be a perfect post to report for it.
Yes... the time for bash is now.
You basically told me "shut up, thats not what this thread is about" all bullshit aside
So I say Physcian heal they self.

You wanna be on topic? Get the fuck out.
Here's a bash though...
Ahh... I do think you argue like of shit, though. No offense to shit.

Elennsar

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 01:41:56 AM »
No, I said that your rant is off topic. Ranting about me is not related to the game at all.

Its off topic to the point of not being even related to the subject of this subforum (Play Like You Have to!).

'sides, the man who resorts to personal attacks is a man without any better arguements. You know this.

Elennsar

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 01:45:18 AM »
I don't have official modding powers or anything, but Midnight is (as best as I can tell) trying to derail this thread with his bashing.

Can we resume the discussion at the point Swordsages and such got in the mix, or this thread in need of asking a mod to close it?

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2008, 01:49:50 AM »
I don't have official modding powers or anything, but Midnight is (as best as I can tell) trying to derail this thread with his bashing.
Waa, want some cheese with your wine?  I didn't accuse anyone of anything.

Elennsar

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2008, 01:50:47 AM »
What does that have to do with it? Midnight is dragging this thread away from being a discussion on the game into a rant about how much he dislikes/disrespects/hates/whatever me.

Slightly more serious than "Swordsages are't core! Don't mention them here!"

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »
Dragging off topic bickering into other threads is the height of douchey behavior and is absolutely unacceptable.  Don't make us smell your shit.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!