Author Topic: Game thread  (Read 13285 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
Re: Game thread
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2008, 04:34:44 AM »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 05:42:09 AM by Ubernoob »
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Judging Eagle

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2008, 06:13:34 AM »
[spoiler]Yep, I've used many a spiked chain poorly (weapon finesse + spiked chains is a trap) and have enlarged many a beatstick in a party to learn that it's leaving a threatend square (and not via a 5' step, either) that provokes.

However, entering my threatened squares, right now, also provokes. Since I "whirlwinded" by moving and attacking Jagged in my round.

Whirlwind's +11 BaB ability is:
+11: Until your next round after making a whirlwind
attack, you may take an attack of opportunity
against any opponent that enters your threatened
area.

Actions so far have been:

Round : Action
0: Cast Enlarge Person (self)
1: Move into position, hit Jagg while moving (onoes, i deals 1 domage! quel domage), counts as Whirlwind; other party members aren't worth attacking
2: Make AoOs

The AoOs look like this:

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:40:18 PM by Judging Eagle »
Name kept out of inertia. Thirteen years and counting.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »
[spoiler]Whirlwind doesn't override the basic movement rules.[/spoiler]

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
[spoiler]How did the elemental die?  You didn't even roll damage.[/spoiler]

Judging Eagle

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2008, 11:20:21 PM »
[spoiler]
Each square that it travels through is going to provoke an AoO. Entering my threatened area provokes the 1st AoO, moving through squares that are threatened provokes the other three.

PR: I rolled damage ahead of time, I was merely reposting my rolls that were posted in a previous post where I was trying to calculate how much damage I would do with AoOs. I actually completely forgot to calc how the con damage would work. Each hit deals whatever I roll + modifiers, and then lowers the 48HD creature's total HP by (3*48=144). The 3d6+whatever is piddling damage.

In any case, Con damage is what dealt more than their max HP in damage (3 con damage per hit, 4 hits = 12 Con damage; 12 * 48 HD = 576 damage; they only have 550-something). If I had found a miraculous way to roll 1 damage with 3d6, I still would have been able to kill them.

Wait. Shit.  I'm so stupid. I can't believe I calced con damage wrong. It's a lot more complex than that. It's -1.5 HP per HD (3 con damage lowers your modifer by 1.5). Fucking hell.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Ok, new math.

24 Con = +7 modifier
-3 (1st AoO)
21 Con = +5 (2 con mod Difference)
2 HP per HD = -96
-3 (2nd AoO)
19 = + 4
-3 (3rd)
16 = +3
-3 (4th)
12 Con = +1 modifier

7 - 1 = 6; a 6 point chang in Con modifier

6*48 = 288, not 500-ridiculous damage.

I knew there was a reason why I was so surprised about my math (I was happy at first to do the AoOs, then got all wierded out when the math that I did said that Innards did so much damage). I was doing it all wrong. I'm glad that I caught my own mistake. It's a pretty big one.  :blush

Real Damage
24 Con - 12 Con* = 12
*:(4 AoOs *3 Con dmg each = 12)
24 (+7 mod) vs 12 (+1 mod) = a Change of 6 HP per HD (not 12 as I so hopefully wanted, but it's still a pretty large number)
= -288 HP (due to lowering Con)

1st Elemental: 288(due to Con damage) + 134 = 422 Damage
2nd Elemental: 288 (due to Con damage) + 123 = 411 Damage

I use my Immediate action at use Foil Action on the Elemental that tries to attack me. I'm pretty sure that I'll hit Its touch AC with my weapon. Seeing as I've been hitting Its real AC this whole while. Fighter's are actually pretty interesting, theres are severa Immediate Action abilities that they have, their extra 5' step, their ability to instantly re-roll one dice, and later Foil Action. Juggling between them is definetely interesting.

Ubernoob,

You'll also have to roll the miss chance for the elemental that swung at Jagged (50% miss chance)

And Jagg has DR 9/- since she's angreh right now.

Ignore my last in-game post. This is my next one
[/spoiler]

Innards swings several times at each elemental, at the last second his claws swing out and bat aside the elemental's attack against himself. He can't however, do anything for Jaggyed. He's just not fast enough, and screams a chittering shriek as it sees the half-elf attacked.

"onoes!"

[spoiler]Does Jaggyd or Ubernoob roll for the miss chance against the Elemental's attack?

rofl, this arises interesting probability questions.

Is Jaggyd here? or did the attack connect and fling her sideways?

Schrodinger's Jaggyd.[/spoiler]
Name kept out of inertia. Thirteen years and counting.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »
[spoiler]As soon as there's an elemental in front of you (not dealing damage or knocking you back because you have foiled it) the other elemental uses that as cover to stop you from making AoOs against it while it knockbacks Jaggyd.

Effectively, there's an elemental right fucking up in Spider's business and Jaggyd takes damage and needs to check for how far she flies back.  Yes, I checked miss chance.  I will use my own dice rather than linking IC more often than not.  I'm a little lazy and it allows me to fudge if need be.

Jaggyd, resolve your bullrush resist.  JE, the Spider didn't take any damage this round and cut out a big ass chunk from that elemental.   Tshern is up.[/spoiler]

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »
[spoiler]good lord... I was expecting to log in and find people peeved at me for not posting... not a big discussion over JE's action... anyway, heads up, I have intermittent internet access as it depends on whether or not my girlfriend will log onto her computer for me (despite my best efforts, my computer doesn't do internet...), so always consider my action to be grapple/attack on whatever's closest, if it's been a significant amount of time since I was given a go ahead, I'll do my best to get her to log me on on a regular basis...[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
[spoiler]I would like to use Radiant assault. How many of them can I at best nail with a 20 feet radius long-ranged attack?

Sorry people, they are probably going to make their saves, but I have nothing better than that prepared for these suckers. I was supposed to adjust my spell list, but my internet broke for a week and the encounter started during that time, so I never got to select any killers for these people.[/spoiler]

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2008, 04:01:23 PM »
Elemental: 27 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 26 300/552 fucking with JE
Elemental: 25 552/552 fucking with the Jaggyd, needs an AoO resolved against it
Tshern:      24
Wooden:   20 552/552
Judging E: 20 552/552
Elemental: 18 552/552
Prak:          18
Elemental: 17 552/552
PR:            15 552/552
Elemental: 12 552/552
Kaelik:       11 552/552
Elemental: 10 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 10 552/552
Jaggyd:      4

You can get the ones in red, Tshern.  What's the DC?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2008, 04:28:21 PM »
Laura shakes her head realizing her mistake, but quickly decides to give the elementals the best she can knowing that keeping them at bay even for some seconds is just enough for her companions to destroy them.

"I'll try to stop them, you take care of the rest!" Laura utters in an angry voice before continuing to proceed with her incantation. After a brief moment and a few unintelligible words Laura shoots out a vast beam of light that eventually explodes into a burst of even brighter light bring woe to the elementals.

[spoiler]Will DC 24. 14d6 damage, save halves and makes them dazzled for 1d6 rounds, not dazed.[/spoiler]

Handy Links

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »
[spoiler]They failed a 27 spectacularly, I wouldn't count yourself out just yet, Tshern. By the way I just used Radiant Assault, so... yeah, new favorite spell ever.[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2008, 06:01:12 PM »
[spoiler]I haven't actually had more than two sessions of D&D for a year, but in my last campaign my Sorcerer made great use of the spell. Damn awesome especially against all the low will save suckers.[/spoiler]

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2008, 03:59:23 PM »
Turns out IC hates you guys more than my home dice.  Elementals save.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1860071/
Roll damage and the rounds for dazzled yourself.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »

Handy Links

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2008, 05:20:20 PM »
[spoiler]Whoa +18? These are elementals on steroids! Even an elder elemental only has a + 10!

Also, am I in range of the elementals that Tshern hit to get them with a web? If so I use my held standard action to aim a web toward them and fire. [/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
[spoiler]Whoa +18? These are elementals on steroids! Even an elder elemental only has a + 10!

Also, am I in range of the elementals that Tshern hit to get them with a web? If so I use my held standard action to aim a web toward them and fire. [/spoiler]

You don't have to have held you action because your init is up anyways.  And looking at the spell description, Web won't work floating in the water like y'all are now.  Perhaps you should daze some of them?

Elemental: 27 516/552, dazed 2 rounds
Elemental: 26 300/552 fucking with JE
Elemental: 25 552/552 fucking with the Jaggyd, needs an AoO resolved against it
Tshern:      24
Wooden:   20 552/552

Judging E: 20 552/552
Elemental: 18 552/552
Prak:          18
Elemental: 17 508/552, dazzled 2 rounds
PR:            15 552/552
Elemental: 12 508/552, dazzled 2 rounds
Kaelik:       11 552/552
Elemental: 10 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 10 08/552, dazzled 2 rounds
Jaggyd:      4

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2008, 10:52:46 PM »
[spoiler]Well I enjoy using my readied action, it gives me more total actions! I'll use my 2 actions to ray of clumsiness 2 of them. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1860477

Then I'll move over to a likely looking person (assuming that I provoke no attacks of opportunity), such as, say, Jaggyd, and give them the benefits of a greater invisibility spell. If I will provoke, I'll blow a mirror image instead, thus statistically reducing my chances of getting hit to 1/1d4+4*1/2*9/20 ~  9/320 ~ 1/32 :D, and then move.[/spoiler]

"Who wants to turn invisible?" Sheredak asks, surprisingly calmly, as though he were moving rather slowly, despite his rapid movements."Hurry, we haven't got a lot of time," again in a calculating semi-drawl.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »
Jaggyd is flying back somewhere (still hasn't rolled the str check to resist the bullrush), so may not be an option.  Both of those hit if they are elementals that have already attacked, but the second misses any of the rest.

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »
If the option is still open, I would most certainly welcome the opportunity to move unseen.
[spoiler]Not my turn yet, of course.[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2008, 01:06:03 AM »
[spoiler]Oh, okay. Psychic Robot, you get it.. Serase is now invisible for 14 rounds.

I didn't specify which ones I was shooting at, but why is a 10 a hit and an 18 a miss?[/spoiler]