Author Topic: Game thread  (Read 13330 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
Re: Game thread
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »
[spoiler]Too far for web, but gimme a sec to just write up the stat block and I'll do saves.

Now, since y'all beat DC 37 on the knowledge check, here's the statblock:

Elder Water Elemental, 48 HD, Huge Size

Str 28, Dex, 25, Con 24, Int 10. Wis 11, Cha 11
AC:     24 (-2 size, +7 Dex, +9 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 17
48d8+336 (552)
Init: +7
120 Swim
BAB/Grapple: 36/53

Saves: Fort +33 (26 base 7 con) Ref +25 (16 base 7 dex 2 feat) Will +18 (16 base 0 wis 2 feat)

Alertness, Cleave, Knockback, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Bull Rush, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Standstill, shock trooper, Rapidstrike, Improved Rapidstrike, Improved Combat Reflexes

2 slams +43/+38/+33/+28 melee (2d10+9/19-20) (+1 to all of these for being underwater)

Damage reduction 10/-, darkvision 60 ft., elemental traits

Water mastery, drench, vortex
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:20:17 PM by Ubernoob »
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 08:02:47 PM »
[spoiler]That's fine, I'll hold my standard action until they're in range. Oh, and my Gaze Attack is off.[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2008, 08:23:17 PM »
Elemental Inits (total) are: 27, 26, 25, 18, 17, 12, 10, 10

The radiant assault catches two: for the two are 24 and a nat one.  For future reference tell me what the DCs are when you post your action.

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 03:49:35 AM »
Serase glances around, looking for a place to conceal himself.

[spoiler]Can I hide?  If so, I try.

Links to initiative, hide, and move silently (in that order).[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 05:06:43 AM »
Serase glances around, looking for a place to conceal himself.

[spoiler]Can I hide?  If so, I try.

Links to initiative, hide, and move silently (in that order).[/spoiler]
[spoiler]You can hide behind other PCs, but that's it.  In any case, I'm pretty sure they fucking spot you with there being eight +51 spot mods.

Elemental: 27
Elemental: 26
Elemental: 25
Wooden:   20
Judging E: 20
Elemental: 18
Elemental: 17
PR:            15
Elemental: 12
Kaelik:       11
Elemental: 10
Elemental: 10

I'm still missing a few inits.  Wooden, what's the DC?[/spoiler]

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 05:49:16 AM »
He posted it back in his post: Will save DC 27, Reflex 13 for Web when it comes up.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2008, 06:01:17 AM »
[spoiler]Reading fail on my part.  Seems both fail.  Once all the inits are up I'll resolve that.[/spoiler]

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 06:23:35 AM »
how does the radiant assault only affect two of them? It's an AoE right? How far apart are they? And for the Radiant Assault I think they have to roll twice.

Psychic Robot

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 06:51:09 AM »
Realizing that there's no good place to hide, Serase shrugs his shoulders, draws his blades, and readies himself for the fight.

[spoiler]Holding my action.[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2008, 07:54:38 AM »
They're huge size, it's a 20' radius burst, they have plenty of room to spread out, they aren't engaging the intruders yet so spreading out as artillery hits is standard tactics, etc.  I forgot to check for reality.  34 and 33 both save, so they each take 36 points of damage and are dazed 3 rounds.

Elemental: 27 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 26 552/552
Elemental: 25 552/552
Tshern:      24
Wooden:   20 552/552
Judging E: 20 552/552
Elemental: 18 552/552
Prak:          18
Elemental: 17 552/552
PR:            15 552/552
Elemental: 12 552/552
Kaelik:       11 552/552
Elemental: 10 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 10 552/552
Jaggyd:      4
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:49:53 PM by Ubernoob »

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2008, 08:29:57 AM »
Initiative: 1d20+8=24. More tonight!

So do we have a surprise round or what?

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2008, 08:34:06 AM »
Initiative: 1d20+8=24. More tonight!

So do we have a surprise round or what?
I wouldn't call it a surprise round (because they are quite aware of you), but you do have a whole round before they reach you.  Buff, use a [long] range spell, whatever.

Prak, the Mad

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »
Mu draws himself up for a moment, seemingly focusing his mind, and the doddering gruff old goat facade slips away as a hardened fist fighter emerges, perfectly still, hardly even moved by the tides.
[spoiler]
Initiative: 1d20+1=18
Activate Grasp of the Tornado with a duration of 1 rnd/lv with Walk of a thousand steps (ignore hardness/DR, get AoO on attackers that must be a trip or disarm attempt.)
Oh, and Mu isn't 20' tall, he's actually, by all appearances, about 5'7" (Harmless Form), but he acts as if he were about 40' tall (huge size and Juggernaut)
[/spoiler]

Jaggyd

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2008, 02:42:13 PM »
[spoiler]sooo, what I'm gunna do is use charge, and since I spent points in tactical mastery I'll be able to swap over to 'zerker stance, use blood rage, hit intercept on one of the targets at the back, then have enough rage left for whirlwind for when the other mobs reach me. If there are some targets that aren't attacking me by that point, I can use challenging shout...
owait.
Wrong game.

Uh.
I had planned to jump on the Invisible Castle bandwagon, but as of now, the site's giving me a big fat "error 500".
I'll keep checking back.
Sorry! ;_; [/spoiler]

Judging Eagle

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
The large, furred plates of the man slide effortlessly as the chains fully extend from their spools, and the claws prepare to let loose.

"I will feast on the most quenching creautres this day"

Innards moves through the water to a spot just on the leading edge of the party and throws out his right claw into empty water while waiting for the upcoming melee. As he swims past the party, he looks over the group.

"Jagged? What the hells? Where did you show up?"

The head turns to look at the eight incoming elementals and back at the group. He lazily turns his head back and flexes the metal claws of one of his left hand.

"Well... you do fight better when your angry, and I'd rather you be angry at me now, and all of us alive later."

The claw flies at the half-elf and bounces off of her right shoulder. An inconsequential, almost careless strike, but an attack nonetheless. He slowly turns and watches the approaching Elementals, flicking out one of his chained claw-gloves into the water, testing his reach precisely.

Innards began to bob his head up an down as one of the worst part of fighting, the tense waiting just before actual contact.

"Hiih, hiih, hiih"

[spoiler]
Yes, yes, it's a bit of RP and a bit of good tactics, with a bit of strategy in there as well.

Damage vs Jagged: I'm pretty sure that I can deal minimal damage, and get her Raging right away.

She's got a speed of.... 90 now, plus an other +35 with Rage. Also, she has Whirlwind. While I'm tempted to encourage Jaggers to get some sort of polearm, but she'll probably never hear of it. The person playing Jagged can be downright stubborn when it so pleases her. Which is fine, I'm the same way. Once I've stopped waffleing on an issue.

Attacking Jagged counts as having triggered my Whirlwind attack, and thus creatures entering my threatened area now provoke AoOs.

Meaning the first 2 Elemtals provoke a lot of AoOs

When it's Innard's next round, I'm delaying my action until the last of the straggling Elementals has moved to within 80' of the group (since I'm only moving 45' of 90' speed, and having a 35' reach lets me hit as far away as 80', and have enough movement left to return to the spot I was at when I left).

At that point, I'm going to Whirlwind past all of the Elementals, dealing 6d6+46 (3d6 + 33 damage twice, minus 20 due to Elemental DR), and 6 Con damage. Then return trip grants no attacks, but I'll be where I was and be ready to hit the Elementals as they keep coming at the party.

Damage of AoOs: 3d6+33 +3 Con damage;

Invisible Castle is down; let's assume rolling 3's (below average).

Order of actions:

• This round; try to use up to 12 Attacks of Opportunity.

I have a reach of 35 feet. The elementals have a reach of 15 feet each. I should be able to take 4 AoOs on the first Elemental at full damage bonuses before they can hit me

I have 1 extra 5 Foot step due to Fighter levels (fighter lvl 5?), so I'll take a step back as the 1st elementals approaches. This gives me a 5th Attack on it for full damage

My first 5 AoOs deal (30, 32, 36, 36, 31 damage, after DR) 1st 5 AoOs (3d6 33-10=30, 3d6 33-10=32, 3d6 33-10=36, 3d6 33-10=36, 3d6 33-10=31) 32 Damage + 3 Con damage per hit (that's after DR, and assuming that my 3d6 sized weapon only rolls 3's, and not 3.5; Invisible castle is down.

Once I'm within reach, I'm going to stop Blitzing and my last 7 AoOs deal (17, 18, 15, 20, 16, 15, 19) Damage each; again, after DR. Last 7 AoOs  (3d6 18-10=17, 3d6 18-10=18, 3d6 18-10=15, 3d6 18-10=20, 3d6 18-10=16, 3d6 18-10=15, 3d6 18-10=19)

All of the above attacks deal 3 Con damage each, that's 3*12= 36 Con damage this round.

Side Note: I need to somehow build two of that Rod that deals ability damage into my claws.

I >_> rolled an init roll for Jagg since IC was screwed up yesterday and she's busy with an exam today, I got a Init roll (1d10 1=9)]9[/url]. >_>

;_; /sorry

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:06:59 PM by Judging Eagle »
Name kept out of inertia. Thirteen years and counting.

Jaggyd

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2008, 02:03:12 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative roll for Jaggyd. (1d20 -1=4) BLURGH. Hahaha. [/spoiler]

Focus is not something one would expect from a frothing, raging berzerker, but Jaggyd exhibits it in the decreasing time between the clash of forces. Nodding in what is likely gratitude, a smirk spreads over her face as the volley of spells begins, and as the Haste spell takes effect.

She looks at 'Innards' and shrugs when he speaks to her. There's a general intake of breath as the extendable chain-claw ricochets off of her right pauldron. If she was furred - like her totem - her hackles would be standing rigidly on end. But since she is not, the only manifestation of the descending rage is a baring of her self-sharpened teeth. Her scarred lips peel back and her visage splits into a nasty and jarring mass of scarred tissue and malice.

Jaggyd moves to place herself between the approaching elementals and her party members, making a target of herself, more or less.

Judging Eagle

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2008, 02:37:21 AM »
[spoiler]Jaggyd has init mod of +1  :( not -1[/spoiler]

Jaggyd

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »
[spoiler]Jaggyd has init mod of +1  :( not -1[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Oops. Typo >_<[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »
As the elementals finally get into range of the party two charge right into the mess picking out what seem to be the most capable warriors.  One goes for Jaggyd and the other for The Spider.
[spoiler]I believe this provokes AoOs from both of you, so resolve your AoOs after this because the elementals pretty much just ignore the Fort save or stuns with their saves.[/spoiler]
The first squarely hits Jaggyd
[spoiler]The knockback str check needed is actually off the RNG, but roll to resist to see just how far she flies

It's a size modified str check.  You move back 5' per 5 points you don't beat 81.

55 damage.[/spoiler]
and the second one nails the Spider just as hard.
[spoiler]
Same deal as Jaggyd.
[/spoiler]
Leaving the two primary warriors flying backward with little except a single flailing strike each.
[spoiler]
Elemental: 27 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 26 552/552 fucking with JE, needs an AoO resolved against it
Elemental: 25 552/552 fucking with the shadow, needs an AoO resolved against it
Tshern:      24
Wooden:   20 552/552
Judging E: 20 552/552
Elemental: 18 552/552
Prak:          18
Elemental: 17 552/552
PR:            15 552/552
Elemental: 12 552/552
Kaelik:       11 552/552
Elemental: 10 516/552, dazed 3 rounds
Elemental: 10 552/552
Jaggyd:      4
[/spoiler]

Judging Eagle

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2008, 03:36:14 AM »
[spoiler]
Oh, they attack do they?

Good thing I hit Jaggy. Getting her raging is /no1, and having whirlwinded gives me extra AoO opportunities.

....____________
../...................|..O
.|....................|
.|....................|..O
..\____________|

The first one takes: 30, 32, 36, 36 +12 Con damage= 134 + 576 (12 Con damage * 48 HD)

It dies before it can hit me. uh.... oops.  :bigeye ((wow, uh, I didn't expect that actually))

The second one takes: 31 31, 32, 29, +12 Con damage= 123 + 576 (12 con dmg * 48 HD)

It dies as well. >_>

Jagg's only got a +15, since she's still medium. She'll probably want to get big next round, Huge would add +8. 23 vs DC 81 is still off the RNG, but w/e.

my bad. I didn't calculate damage before I calculated how the Knockbacks would affect us. >__<
[/spoiler]

As the two huge creatures move towards the the group, black clawed gauntlets fly from the ends of the arms of Innard's black laquered and silk festooned armour. Each attack connects as the Elementals continue their charge at the group. However the black claws don't sit still in the water. They are immediately retracted by the heavy duty mechanisms that retract the chains attached to the claws. Only to be swung out again by the arachne-headed creature.

"Iiiiih! Aaah! Cheierarp!"

Every single step that the elementals take closer provokes more and more strikes, and retractors under the armour audibley whine under the strain of having to reel in the chain-claws before the weapons they reeled in are swung out again.

As the elementals begin to reach swinging distance, Innards doesn't flinch for a moment. At the last eyeblink, Innards hops back a step, still out of reach and delivering the killing blows to each elemental. The elementals dissipate before they can even strike a single party member.

"Oh pleeese keep close brothers and sisters, this world is full of birds and frogs that want to eat hatchlings! I'm scared, those creatures needed four strikes to kill"

The creature begins to visibly tremble for a moment, before shrugging back its shoulders.

"Ha, hah! Muahahahahaha!"

The remaing elementals seem to be affected by the death of their companions, but unfortunately, not enough to make them scatter.

[spoiler]
Each of them enters the 25' 35' area that he threatens; that provokes an AoO; from then on, leaving squares that he threatens (aka. advancing) provokes additional ones.

Enter the square 25' 35' (1st AoO) -> 20 30' (2nd) -> 15 25' (3rd)[step back] -> 15 20 (4th)

That was.... interesting to write actually. Mechanically, descriptively, but... also the grammar was interesting to arrange. Nm, went for something that I know is easier and more grammatically correct.

Also... con damage... yeah. >__> I wasn't expecting this at all. I made the mistake of rolling up what the base damage would be ahead of time, but not the effects of the Con damage. So I wasn't expecting to actually kill them as they approached.

Next round Innard's gets bigger, wait.... I forgot that Enlarge Person out of a wand costs a standard action. There's no wasted immediate 5' step. /phew.
I'm assuming that I was able to burn an immediate action last round to get my Combat Focus? >_>

I've got a feeling that I might have to Foil an action sometime this round. Those attacks look like they could really scatter the party.

Also, I'm generating two Aura's of Fear (horde breaker) the Will Save DC for them is 58 (10 + HD of creature dropped) Radius is only 10 feet though.

Meaning any elementals that approach withing 10' are auto-panicked. Too bad they have a 15' reach.  :banghead

Wait, I've got tumble.  :lmao and a +24 mod for it too!  :lol I can enter their squares; or move past them at full speed.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:39:16 PM by Judging Eagle »