Author Topic: Re: What is Douchebaggery?  (Read 1225 times)

Elennsar

• Grape ape
  • The Emperor is watching, the Emperor knows.
    • Email
Re: What is Douchebaggery?
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:44:22 PM »
Its a perfectly reasonable definition, and given that the goal of this site is supposedly to have an environment where people share and contribute ideas freely (and listen to the podcasts, but that doesn't require all the other forums, so presumably their existance is considered worth the extra effort.), someone whose goal is to make it so that people who would otherwise share and contribute ideas are driven off is contrary to the goal.

And if the One Rule To Rule Them All is no douchery...well...I see no reason it doesn't fit.

As for being pointless as a metric: Not exactly. It is a sign that someone might be a douche, in the same sense being a bad speller is a sign someone might not be a native English speaker.

As for pot and kettle: You're being a jerk. And you're an admin. Who do I report you to? Meg herself? AC?

I'd rather have you stop behaving in an insulting and offensive manner towards me without having to deal with whether or not anyone watches the watchers.

So, all I see is someone convinced that he's either A) right and justified regardless of what others feel about and react to his actions or B) able to get away with behaving how he feels like because there are no consequences from other sources or internally.

Sounds douchey to me.
Faith can move mountains. It still can't deflect bullets.

"Communication with humans." is a cross-class skill for me. Please bear this in mind.

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
Re: What is Douchebaggery?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »
Off topic, you were warned.  Stay on topic in the future, second warning.
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009