Author Topic: Town of Lundeth  (Read 15495 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: Town of Lundeth
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
Devanar shrugged.
'I don't know any details, but with demons you never know. There might just be just a few at one moment, and suddenly you're being swarmed. The Commander has requested that you two join Captain Krandir for the defence. He'll be leading the sortie after the barrage is over, so unless you mind, you'll be on the forefront of the fighting.
I don't know about the armoury, let's talk to Krandir first, he'll know the reports from the scouts.'

Devanar led them out of the Inn and back to the guard post at the entrance of the dome. Here a soldier joined them and led them through the guard post and down a flight of steps, past several heavy doors, and into a tunnel. The tunnel sloped downwards for a distance, and then back up, and not long after they reached the Central Rock Fortress.
In the central courtyard (which was, of course, also covered by the top dome) a cavalry party was preparing for their sortie. A group of heavy infantry was also preparing to mop up after the initial charge.
Captain Krandir, who had talked to them yesterday, approached them.
'Hail, my friends', he said with the cheerfulness of the soldier who knows that his place is in battle. His demeanor was much different from yesterday. There was a sparkle in his eye.
'I promised you would be called, and called you were. And this might become a real fight, like we haven't seen in a while. Come, I'll show you what we know.'
He walked over to a large blackboard on wooden mountings to one side of the yard. There was a hand-drawn map of the area on it, and small magnetic miniatures stuck to it to represent units and enemies. There was also a maginified drawing of the town and its immediate surroudings.
'What we know is this: A few days ago our scouts discovered a demon encampment with a large portal about a hundred miles from here, marked with the little Balor, here, in the desert. It's pretty big, and getting bigger. We have alerted Ladydove and also Baldur's Gate, so likely as not an expedition force will attack the encampment in the near future. The demons have been sending out scouting parties through the desert every day, and moving erratically, as if they were searching for something. This time, however, we have two parties getting really close to the town, sympolised here by the little Dretch and the Babau demon miniatures. Our scouts are trailing them from a safe distance. Last reports had them at ten miles from the town and closing. At this point we have entered a high alert, and are preparing for battle. The goal is to completely wipe out the scouting parties, so that they will not report back and attract a larger force. So we will have to cut off their retreat, and then smash them from all directions.'
While he had been talking his unit had been assembling in front of the blackboard as well, and when he was ready to begin his actual briefing he raised his voice.
'The plan is to eradicate them, so we will not engage from range. We do not know their exact makeup, but it is likely that they will not have siege capabilities. We will lure them into the town, at which point the towers and archers will open fire. We will fire two volleys, concentrating on the strongest demons. After that, a cavalry sortie will charge the largest concentration of demons from the fort, and infantry units will emerge from all towers. We will encircle and wear them down, with the cavalry doing most of the killing. Then it's knives and knobkerries, gentlemen. Griffon Riders will remain on standby until we have made out the main retreat route. Magical aid will be given to control the battle field and separate and isolate individual demons. The Polymorph Squad and myself will deploy from the northern tower, along with our guests here - unless they mind. We'll cut them off when they run. All squad leaders have their orders, are there any questions?'

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
OOC
[spoiler]just adding in a teensy bit to the Captain's speech before the end[/spoiler]

Agnak and Maglu'glath both nod their consent at joining the Captain. "Now then gentlemen, as you will both be joining our unit, cohesion is key. If I give a direct order to the group, I expect you to follow it." Again, both nod their consent. While Maglu'glath was use to being the one giving orders (not taking them), working within an organized and disciplined group was second nature to him, and in this case it was far more prudent for him to adapt to fit into what seemed like an already experience battle unit.

"As well, in order to best coordinate our attacks, I will need to know what you are both capable of. Agnak..." clapping the halfdragon on his massive shoulder, "I'm sure we can rely on you to add a certain amount of 'punch' to our line." The soldiers guffawed and stamped their spears on the ground in enthusiastic agreement.

"As for you..." as the Captain looked down at the little one-armed goblin, "Chief Maglu'glath", he drew out the syllable of rank in order to quell any snickering from the troops, "I'm sure a fight like this is much different from fighting in tunnels and caves. What experience can you offer us?"

"My abilities are more well suited to stealth and tracking Captain, but I have led my tribe to war for many generations now. My gods have granted me the strength to rend my enemies in battle, and I can share that strength with those allied with me." Despite his claims, there was still a snicker from one of the soldiers. Annoyed, Maglu'glath quickly leapt into their midst and swiftly knocked the offender to the ground, having snatched the man's knife from his belt on the way down and now pointing it at his throat. "And if any of you doubt me..." taking the knife away, he flicked it into the air and caught it by the blade in his hand, as if to throw it down. Instead, he shifted it down and palmed the entire blade, wrapping his fingers around it and squeezing until there was a distinct creaking sound. He let go and the knife fell to the ground, not a scratch on his hand but the blade now crushed.

Satisfied that he had made his point, he walked back to the front of the room. "Now then Captain, how do you propose we lure the demons to the city?"
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 11:07:52 PM »
[spoiler=OOC]Surreal got down pretty much what I was going to do. He knows my character better than I know his. Though is suppose mine has a much more forward and easy demeanor, so it's easier to guess what he would do. You can understand Agnak being off put by Mags, right Surreal?[/spoiler]

Agnak wasn't exactly pleased with taking out the scout force in this fashion. Sure, destroying it could halt greater forces from attacking the town, but couldn't their disappearance draw more attention instead? Then again, Agnak couldn't think of anything better, so he consented to the Captain's greater understanding of tactics concerning this kind of warfare.

Looking on as Mags spoke, he did wonder how the little fellow would contribute. With one arm not much higher than his knee, the chieftain didn't cut an imposing figure. But Agnak had learned from his experience traveling to not judge from appearance.

That didn't stop him from widening his eyes at the goblin's display of power. That I didn't expect, he thought as the dagger rattled on the ground. He tried to keep his surprise behind an indifferent face, partly to pretend he knew about Mags, partly to reassure the murmuring troops before him. 'Save it for the enemy Mags. no need to destroy our own weapons now, aye? [Bluff: 22] Some of the soldiers looked to Agnak and saw his calmer stance in the situation. Evidently he saw no trouble, so the troops calmed to a degree. Though they stuck a wary eye to Maglu'glath.

Agnak had met casters before, had even fought some. But Maglu'glath was showing something different, which troubled the half-dragon. There was something more to Mags than he let on, though Agnak couldn't guess what it was. [Sense Motive (Hunch): 24] He would have to keep an eye on the little goblin before he fully trusted him. For now though, he turned his attention back towards the Captain.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 11:12:10 AM »
The captain was too excited about the impending battle to care about the petty squabbles between his men and the guests. It was usual that newcomers were critically examined, and also quite normal for them to try to prove themselves. No harm was done, in any case.
'Aye, luring the enemy, honoured Maglu'glath, will be done by a few of the scouts from our guard-force. They will run into the town and then enter the fortress, before joining the cavalry charge.

Some of you will be wondering about the makeup of the enemy force. All we can say so far is that there is a large group of smaller demons, headed by individual larger ones, and there is also a small unit of demonic cavalry. All are fairly nimble, but even their flyers are flying low. We will have to ground them, and let the griffons catch the remaining ones. Or perhaps the Honoured Agnak here will help us catch some flyers.
Everyone get ready, now, the enemy is imminent. Wait for the signal.'

On one wall of the courtyard there was a strange contraption, it looked like a square metal plate at over head height, with two multi-jointed levers fixed to the front of it. Everyone was now staring at it.
The Captain adressed Agnak and Maglu'glath.
'If you would come with me, please. We will be joining the Polymorph Squad in the northern tower.'
He strode ahead, again entering a tunnel via a series of stairs and doors. At the end of the tunnel there were more doors, and finally they were in the narrow space of the northern guard tower, most of which was taken up by a winding staircase, and the rest with the seven armoured soldiers gathered there. There were three lightly armoured soldiers and four in full-plate armour with oversized polearms, not unlike Agnak's.

He greeted them informally, these were obviously his own elite team.
'Any news?' he asked one of the Lieutenants there.
'First group is a half a mile out and closing. Scouts are setting up the bait.'
The Captain nodded.
'Alright. We'll stick to the plan. After they enter the town we fire a barrage from the turrets, while the spellcasters buff us up. Then we wait for the cavalry to charge, before cutting off their northward retreat.'
He adressed the guests specifically, now.
'We'll be two four-man teams, and each take one side of the tower, with one man polymorphed into a Hydra in each team, and one spellcaster per team. You two can join either team, or engage independantly. Will ye be needing anymore gear? We have a small armoury here, on the second floor. I must admit I forgot about that in the fort. We should have a leftover Battle-wand, that would be a force-orb wand that any lawful man can use. The command is... well, it's "boom". Just aim and say the word, and it'll shoot, and it'll work three times, today. Or you can take a crossbow or one of the melee weapons or armour. Nothing too fancy I'm afraid, only the wand. DO take care of that wand, though, they are rather expensive.'

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »
[spoiler=OOC]so what kind of items am I allowed to use, if any? (since I have the pseudo VoP thing going)[/spoiler]

"I shall join the team that will engage the enemy on the ground. I will be able to grant them great strength and hide them from the enemy's eyes. Tell your men to gather around me."

At the Captain's nod, the soldiers moved closer to Maglu'glath who become reciting words and syllables foreign to most of them. In short order, they could begin to feel a raw, almost sinister energy building up within them.

[spoiler=buff sequence]
I'm deliberately leaving the description of the buffing actions as very vague since I don't know exactly who will be in the team or if I"m buffing everyone or just my team. Also assume my buff sequence will happen after they do their own buffs.

for everyone: mass bull's strength and mass enlarge monster (10 minutes), I can also give rage if need be (10 rounds)

for those in my team that stick near me: invisibility sphere (10 minutes)

just for me, before jumping into the fight: blink (10 rounds)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 07:49:54 PM by Surreal »
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »
[ooc][spoiler]Ack, forgot about that. Well, you can't use the wand then. And Agnak can't use it, either, due to being non-lawful, I guess. The soldier doesn't know that, obviously. I said at the beginning that you might occasionally have to use an item, but only if it's really important. I guess you can use stuff you find lying around on the battle field, as long as you dump it back there, afterwards. It's called vow of Poverty, not vow of stupidity.[/spoiler]

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
'If I see any of the units having trouble in the air, I'll teleport to assist. For now I'll join the ground team with Maglu'glath, I feel I'll be at my best there.' Agnak stepped over to the men gathered near Mags and nodded. As the goblin cast, Agnak watched himself as he grew to twice his size and even bulkier, if that was possible. He held up his hands and flexed his meaty fingers, 'Well, this is something new.' A few seconds later, he disappeared from sight.

[spoiler=OOC]That was way too tempting for me, couldn't resist joining Surreal's group. Reach has always confused me, but lemme see if I have this right. My reach is originally 15ft with my weapon, considering your house rule. Now I'm Large(Huge) sized, giving me a 10ft reach without my weapon. My weapon grows with me, as it says in the Enlarge Person description. So a Huge weapon, again pertaining to your house rule, adds an additional 15ft to reach.

So my reach is now 25ft...I think. Yes? No?[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 11:37:03 PM »
[ooc][spoiler]Damn I always misread Enlarge Person to say that your weapon grows to FIT you, which would mean the weapon does not grow. However, it says "similarly", which means it DOES grow. [/spoiler]
The soldiers grew similarly to Agnak, although not quite as large, and their similary oversized weapons became large as his. The tower was getting cramped enough to burst.
By now only the Captain and his Lieutenant were not enlarged, strengthened, or otherwise buffed in visible ways.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:42:03 AM by Brainpiercing »

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 02:10:03 AM »
"Let us move to the ground then, unless you all can jump from this height?" The goblin sneered, anxious for the battle. Even in his strengthened form, he was still no taller than the Captain.

[spoiler=ooc]Not sure if I should transform for this battle or not... I might save that for another time. Plus I'd probably scare the bejezuz out of everyone and they might mistake me for a demon. It also just occurred to me that Agnak could probably ride me, because the only thing scarier than a charger is a mounted one :D Also, where's Devanar?[/spoiler]
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2009, 06:49:39 AM »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]Here is the - empty - battle grid. It's pretty large, but I still had to cut stuff off arbitrarily. You probably have to open it in another window to see it completely, since the forum doesn't allow horizontal scrolling.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »
[ooc][spoiler]Surreal, I still need your email. Devanar didn't accompany you to the tower, he's in the fort busily casting "Align Weapon" :).[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 08:30:18 PM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:17:57 AM by Brainpiercing »

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 01:44:46 AM »
[spoiler=ROUND ONE]
Initiative: 22
Crusader Manuevers Readied: Foehammer, Defensive Rebuke
Stance Active: Iron Guard's Glare (Anyone I threaten w/ my 25ft reach takes a -4 to hit my allies  :D)
Buffs: Enlarge Monster, Bull's Strength, Haste, Bless, Protection From Evil, Align Weapon(Good), Invisible, Inspire Courage??

Full Round Action: Charge to O28(the bottom right corner being my center), attack Armanite #3
To Hit: Full PA - 1d20+15(18 w/ Inspire courage?)= 32(35)
Damage: 3d6+50+(3?)= 67(70)
Bull Rush: 1d20+47=  Dammit, only 50  ;), Pretty sure I crushed him all the way through the barricade.
Dungeoncrashing Damage: 4d6+ 26= 38

Total Damage: 105 (108 w/ IC) Not bad for one attack.

edit: Forgot Leading the Charge from the captain. It's now 113(116).
Listen check if necessary: 14

Now I wait the AoO when they fire their bows/ draw their lance/ move more than 5ft...
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:52:09 PM by Smudgyhandsman »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 06:01:18 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]Pls note the active buffs you got in the post above.

Also, stances active at the beginning of the fight:
Captain: Leading the Charge, +8 to damage on a charge for everyone who can HEAR him. (This MIGHT become important.)
Lieutenant: Leading the Charge, +5 to damage on a a charge...
Soldiers 2 and 4: Iron Guard's Glare
Soldiers 1 and 3: Stonefoot Stance

Stacking Stances is SO evil.
[edit]I ALWAYS just see unnamed bonuses and think booyah, but unfortunately...it's the same source. :banghead [/edit][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:40:53 AM by Brainpiercing »

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 04:23:25 AM »
[spoiler=round 1]
Initiative: 13
swift: skill trick clarity of vision - see invisible (will also use mindsight to detect anyone else that may be hidden)
move: to M29
std: crushing despair (DC 20) on the top 7 armanites... unless Agnak moves before me and bullrushes a bunch of them downwards, in which case I will position myself accordingly in order to hit more of them within the cone

p.s. Mag is currently medium size[/spoiler]
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 07:45:35 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]I'd like descriptive combat, too, as in the example post. So next post please describe your actions to let all that drama and action come to the surface.:)
Also, I wasn't sure whether you meant excel coordinates or my grid coordinates. I've affixed the grid coordinates now.[/spoiler]

Agnak preempted the Lundeth infantry and charged from invisibility at the Armanites. Caught by surprise there was nothing they could do to stop him. His weapon hit the third Armanite from the top of their line and nearly split it in half in the first place, before the Armanite was hurled backwards by the force of Agnak's blow and smashed against the barricade behind it. Spattering it with demon blood it slid to the ground, stone dead.

Maglu'glath's positioning was flawless as he followed Agnak towards the Armanites and worked his magic on them. Immediately he noticed the weight of despair on several Armanites. He also becamse invisible through this hostile act.[1,5,6,7]

The Lundeth squad had a reputation to defend. The northern-most soldier [Soldier 3] charged heedlessly after Agnak at the top-most Armanite and hit it with his oversized Glaive, putting a lot of weight into the swing which unfortunately left him unbalanced. The blade of the Glaive hit him and bit deep into the Demon cavalry. The force of the blow tossed the heavy cavalry demon into its compatriot next to it, which caused both of them to fall over. The southern-most soldier charged straight at the foremost Armanite and with a mighty swing brought his Glaive to bear on the hapless demon. The blade bit deep, and tossed the demon into its compatriot south of it, where it fell prone, and toppled its compatriot, too.

The western militia spellcaster moved after the soldiers and with some handwaving and chanting cast a spell. A blinding burst of glittering dust erupted amongst the southern armanites and covered them, blinding three.

At that moment several things happened. Deafening roars from many throats erupted as the Captain and his Lieutenant transformed into hideous nine-headed Hydras. The two monsters and the remaining soldiers of their squad moved wowards the Demon group next to the northern dome. And then the battle drums started.

The demons were finally beginning recover from the barrage, although the group of Armanites had suffered such a beating. The two northern prone Armanites made attempts to get up, which unfortunately provoked the Lundeth soldier to whack his target yet again, and knock it over once more, the demon barely alive. The second demon was also hit, and tossed right on top of its freshly fallen compatriot, also tripping once more in the process and falling prone again.

The former fourth Armanite took a step backwards out of Agnak's reach and loosed two arrows at Agnak, hitting with the first, and sending sparks of electricity over Agnak's draconic hide. [AC hit 22, 9dam +5 electricity; AC hit 6]

The Armanite directly south of it did likewise, also firing at the imposing half-dragon. The first arrow missed by a small margin, but the second hit home with a tremendous force. [AC hit 18; AC hit 22, 9 damage + 3 electricity. That's a hit due to charging].

The next Armanite tried likewise, but had to find that this was not enough to get away from the Lundeth soldier threatening him as it tried to fire an arrow at it. The Glaive hit home hard, and knocked the demon backwards, which provoked again and the glaive hit home a second time. The demon was tossed backwards but still loosed its arrow and hit the soldier.

The several blinded armanites flailed around, but effectively blocked the path for the only remaining unaffected Armanite, which could not charge. It still realized that the time for archery was pretty much over, with the close proximity of the enemy, and therefore dropped its bow and readied its lance, moving towards the southern-most soldier. The soldier briefly contemplated expending a charge of his Bracers of Opportunity, but had to accept that an Armanite in close proximity was not a CHARGING armanite, and there was no way for him to knock it into any of its compatriots. He therefore refrained from taking his attack. The armanite didn't waste this chance and skewered his target, leaving the soldier bleeding but not near death.

Some movement took place on the eastern side of the battle. The Vrocks moved closer together and then multiplied as they activated their Mirror Images. The Hezro moved closer towards the tower and used his Unholy Blight ability on the formation of soldiers. Both soldiers, the Lieutenant and the Spellcaster were hit by the billowing sickening cloud, but the Spellcaster saved himself by blinking back ten feet. One of the soldiers immediately started retching, and everybody lost their haste effect. The others managed to resist the effect, but took damage.

[ooc][spoiler]This ends round 1. I've been working on streamlining, it's still a bitch.

On the bright side, everybody gets +3 Inspire Courage to attack, damage, and will saves vs. charms and fear effects, which OVERLAPS with Bless, since both are morale, IIRC.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:54:21 AM by Brainpiercing »

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »
[spoiler=OOC]
The former fourth Armanite took a step backwards out of Agnak's reach and loosed two arrows at Agnak, hitting with the first, and sending sparks of electricity over Agnak's draconic hide. [AC hit 22, 9dam +5 electricity; AC hit 6]

The Armanite directly south of it did likewise, also firing at the imposing half-dragon. The first arrow missed by a small margin, but the second hit home with a tremendous force. [AC hit 18; AC hit 22, Confirmed Crit vs. AC 19, 33 damage + 14 electricity, now THAT was unlucky, he had a frickin' +2 to hit on the second roll].

My god, good thing my AC is a 23, or I would've been pissed off at those armanites. Phew, that was close. Although I could have used Wall of Blades to stop one I suppose, but still, phew.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]It's your turn, guys.:)[/spoiler]

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 10:36:33 PM »
Crusader Manuevers Readied: Foehammer, Defensive Rebuke, Revitalizing Strike
Stance Active: Iron Guard's Glare
Buffs: Enlarge Monster, Bull's Strength, Haste, Bless, Protection From Evil, Align Weapon(Good), Invisible, Inspire Courage

Agnak cracked open his wings, hopped into the air, and began to hover just over Maglu'glath's head. [Diagonal 5ft step to L29] Hefting his guisarme in his clenched talons, he swung it with a tremendous roar, the blade scything through the air in a massive blur.

[Full PA w/ each, activating Steely Resolve pool] [First Attack: 1d20+19=33, Damage: 60, Bull Rush: +47, Dungeoncrash: 4d6+26=43, Full damage=103] Bisecting the first armanite through the torso, the body barreled through the air to splat against the wall, as it's lower half sank to it's knees and keeled over. Continuing straight through, the blade carved into the next armanite.

[Second Attack: 1d20+19=33, Damage: 53, Bull Rush: +47, Dungeoncrash: 4d6+26=39, Full damage= 92] splitting its chest wide open, the armanite screeched as he was blown back towards the barricade, where he cracked against the walled and slumped. Agnak bellowed as his guisarme blasted into the third demon, it's momentum never faltering.

[Third Attack: 1d20+14=34 (crit), Confirmation: 1d20+14=31, Damage: 121, Bull Rush: +47, Dungeoncrash: 4d6+26=44, Full damage=165] Completely obliterating the demon it sliced through, the guisarme left a wide trail of ichor in the air behind it as the demon met it's fate. Falling apart underneath the force, the armanite wetly impacted against the barricade. Leaving a dent of its general outline into the stone, it then it exploded in a messy burst of gore.

[spoiler=OOC]Wow, that went well. Considering how bad the d20 did for me last night in real life, it's redeemed itself in my eyes. Armanites 2, 4, and 5 are now dead I think, unless I've judged their HP wrong.

edit: Also, apologies for sloppiness of this, but those last two attacks that hit me, the arrows, I don't think they hit.  I forgot to account for the +2 deflection bonus to AC from Protection from Evil, I had always thought it just helped saves along with the other stuff.  So with an AC of 25, -2 from the charging, it would've been a 23, just over the 22 the armanites hit me with initially.  Bad on my part, I'll now thoroughly check my sheet and make sure make sure to remove any and all errors on my character sheet.  It's just hard keeping up with all of the buffs and pluses, you know?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:46:25 PM by Smudgyhandsman »