Author Topic: Which feats best fit this Goddess for Red Hand of Doom?  (Read 1851 times)

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Which feats best fit this Goddess for Red Hand of Doom?
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »
-=CRITIQUE MY BUILD - PREFERRED HATHRAN VERSION!=-
My DM allowed me to trade Scribe Scroll for Extend Spell.  We play in Faerun and all sources are allowed pending DM approval, but no flaws!

This character is first a battlefield controller then a buffer.  (I dislike relying on summons in battle.)  Her cohort will be a tricked-out Powertool Hood.

We begin at ECL5.  The bold below reflects up to level 11. After that, the campaign will likely end.

So far, I'm leaning toward plan #3, but I'm confused which feats are best.  I'm also open to builds not listed here!

(Class Feature), Feat, PREREQUISITE, {Trait}

Plan #1
Lawful Neutral HUMAN Conjurer3/Master Conjurer2/Incantatrix2/Hathran1/Incantatrix+3/Incantatrix+5/Olin Gisir1*/Archmage3/X1

1: (Abrupt Jaunt), {Aggressive}, ETHRAN, (EXTEND SPELL), IRON WILL
3: SPELL FOCUS: CONJURATION
4: (SKILL FOCUS: SPELLCRAFT)
6: LEADERSHIP, (Persistent Spell)
9: Metamagic Focus: Conjuration
10: (Quicken Spell)
12: Easy Metamagic: Quicken
13: (Sculpt Spell)
15: SPELL FOCUS: TRANSMUTATION
16: (Practical Metamagic: Quicken)
17: (Chain Spell) [If Olin Gisir]
18: Metamagic Focus: Transmutation

Plan #2
Lawful Neutral HUMAN Conjurer5/Incantatrix2/Hathran1/Incantatrix+3/Incantatrix+5/Olin Gisir1*/Master Conjurer1/Archmage2 or 3

3: Metamagic School Focus: Conjuration
5: {Sculpt Spell}
9: SPELL FOCUS: TRANSMUTATION
10: (Quicken Spell)
12: SPELL FOCUS: CONJURATION
13: (Easy Metamagic: Quicken)
15: Metamagic Focus: Transmutation
16: (Practical Metamagic: Quicken)
17: (Chain Spell) [If Olin Gisir]
XX: (SKILL FOCUS: SPELLCRAFT)
18: -=FEAT=-,

Plan #3
Lawful Neutral HUMAN Conjurer5/Incantatrix2/Hathran1/Incantatrix+3/Incantatrix+5/Olin Gisir1*/Master Conjurer1/Archmage2 or 3

3: Cloudy Conjuration
5: {Granted Domain Power: Luck}
9: SPELL FOCUS: TRANSMUTATION
10: (Sculpt Spell)
12: SPELL FOCUS: CONJURATION
13: (Quicken Spell)
15: Metamagic Focus: Transmutation
16: (Easy Metamagic: Quicken)
17: (Practical Metamagic: Quicken) [If Olin Gisir]
XX: (SKILL FOCUS: SPELLCRAFT)
18: -=FEAT=-
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Which feats best fit this Goddess for Red Hand of Doom?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
Practical Metamagic requires the dragonblood subtype to take, so you're going to have to invest another feat, a class level or be a silverbrow human(lose the feat anyway but get featherfall...better than nothing.

You're going to want FoM on your cohort A.S.A.P. given the kinds of things you're going to be throwing on the battlefield. While the ring is most practical at 20, it's not something you'd really see until about level 15 as far as wealth goes.
Wait...it's coming to me...there's a pair of rings somewhere...Spellguard rings(?) in...Complete Mage maybe? You wear one and he wears one and it protects him from your spells a certain number of times per day. That might do the trick.
That'll negate the more annoying half of the problem. The second half is the fog line of spells granting concealment (it might even be total concealment) from a certain distance and the need to jump from at least that distance. So any method of negating concealment penalties or being able to see through (up to total) concealment would be useful for your ally.

My suggestions were made away from books though they hopefully point you in the right direction.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Arcane-surge

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
Silverbrow Humans don't lose their feat, just their bonus skill points.
This space intentionally left blank.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 10:41:35 PM »
Silverbrow Humans don't lose their feat, just their bonus skill points.

Haha. You're right! Well, there you go. A silverbrow human female.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Blade2718

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 12:20:12 AM »
Practical Metamagic requires the dragonblood subtype to take, so you're going to have to invest another feat, a class level or be a silverbrow human(lose the feat anyway but get featherfall...better than nothing.

You're going to want FoM on your cohort A.S.A.P. given the kinds of things you're going to be throwing on the battlefield. While the ring is most practical at 20, it's not something you'd really see until about level 15 as far as wealth goes.
Wait...it's coming to me...there's a pair of rings somewhere...Spellguard rings(?) in...Complete Mage maybe? You wear one and he wears one and it protects him from your spells a certain number of times per day. That might do the trick.
That'll negate the more annoying half of the problem. The second half is the fog line of spells granting concealment (it might even be total concealment) from a certain distance and the need to jump from at least that distance. So any method of negating concealment penalties or being able to see through (up to total) concealment would be useful for your ally.

My suggestions were made away from books though they hopefully point you in the right direction.
Spellguard of Silverymoon allows you to declare entire groups of people to be either immune or affected by your spells.  Screw that pair business.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:21:12 AM »
What about feats besides Practical Metamagic?  I'm most concerned with level 3-5 abilities.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"