Author Topic: d20 Modern Maps  (Read 7250 times)

Orion

• Bi-Curious George
d20 Modern Maps
« on: October 26, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »
Hi all,

I have a couple of problems it comes to designing games. Making maps is a pain in the ass and making NPCs is a pain in the ass. Today, I'd like to talk about maps. For d20M, there is, of course, the Critical Locations book. But if you don't have that book, and you can't locate a copy because they're out of print, what do you do? Well, the internet shall provide. I'd like to come up with a simple list of locations where you can download maps for d20M, mostly of internal locations (buildings and rooms), but outdoors as well. They don't have to be gaming specific, but they do have to a) print clean enough to game on, and b) have some ability to print in scale (i.e., 1" squares). Here's the couple I found just after a brief search.

Indoor Locations:

Wizards' Menace Manual Map Gallery
Wizards' Urban Arcana Map Gallery

Outdoor Locations:

Google Maps

Please add to this list!

Tema69

• Bi-Curious George
  • Dedicated WW2 GM.
    • Email
Re: d20 Modern Maps
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:49:57 AM »
Indeed, maps are a pain to create. So, I'm with Orion, if anyone has any idea on how to access usable maps, pleaaazzz post 'em.

...I use "z" to much...
Tema69. 69 marks my affiliation to the ex-youth house on Jagtvej 69 in Copehagen, Denmark, a place where there used to be room for everyone until it was sold.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=997.0
The Self-Proclaimed General Pulp/SteamPunk/Occult/Nazi thread! Drop by.

http://tema69.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt account. Check by the gallery and drop a comment.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2528.0
Download my "Action Movie Realism" Rules* as well as my WW2 Supplement.
P.E.A.C.H.
* Available as a .pdf!

Orion

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
I found another book, so there's Critical Locations (a Wizards product) and something called Modern Day Maps X which is by LPJ Design, the same people who created Haven: City of Violence (which I'm not a fan of, but I'm not going to begrudge them a plug for their map book). Other than that, I haven't found anything.

nedleeds

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »
I have a very simple solution. Don't use 28mm miniatures. There really are none for d20 modern anyway (pre-painted especially).

I use the following miniatures for my modern / spycraft / horror

- Heroclix
- Horrorclix
- occasionally Mage Knight / Dreamblade (sawed off and rebased on Clix bases)

They are all 32 mm and thus use 1.5 inch grids. Which leads to your solution, Heroclix has over 20 full color big maps depicting everything you could hope to encounter in a modern setting. Throw in Horrorclix and that adds another dozen or so. Most are dirt cheap on eBay.

Cheers!