Author Topic: How do you want the boards moderated?  (Read 3534 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: How do you want the boards moderated?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 04:07:27 PM »
Just one request from me.

If you perform a moderation (delete, warning, etc), please DO NOT leave a cookie-cutter message. Explain quickly and clearly (to the best of your ability) what got moderated and why. This pisses me off to no end on the Wizards forums- a Wiz_O (or ORC?) will swoop in, delete some posts, and leave a cryptic message about "please don't violate the CoC." NOT HELPFUL.

Plus Fucking One. Assuming they say anything at all, and don't just delete it. Which is even less helpful, since given the state of their boards it could have just been a glitch. Especially if they're fast.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »
Read this article this morning, it seemed terribly appropriate to post it up.  Not sure if this is the right thread, so feel free to move it.  Hell, I almost started a whole new thread purely to post this link.

5 Ways to Stop Trolls From Killing the Internet

I'm fairly sure we have a few "trolls", as this article would define them.  Discuss.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »
Just one request from me.

If you perform a moderation (delete, warning, etc), please DO NOT leave a cookie-cutter message. Explain quickly and clearly (to the best of your ability) what got moderated and why. This pisses me off to no end on the Wizards forums- a Wiz_O (or ORC?) will swoop in, delete some posts, and leave a cryptic message about "please don't violate the CoC." NOT HELPFUL.

Plus Fucking One. Assuming they say anything at all, and don't just delete it. Which is even less helpful, since given the state of their boards it could have just been a glitch. Especially if they're fast.

+2.

I hated this.  It was one of the parts of being a WizO I hated the most.  Don't blame the wizos/ orcs whatever they are for that- it's the rule of the site-- to the point we weren't even allowed to type reasons ourselves, we had to use codes to generate reasons.

So, yeah, totally agreed.  If you feel like we ever get to that, please let me know.  It may just be that it's easier to copy and paste a couple of times but I don't want to get on that slippery slope.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!