Author Topic: Herwr Arglwyddi  (Read 42573 times)

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
Re: Herwr Arglwyddi
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
"Keep in mind that there are many more of them than there are of us, and not all of them are likely to rush off to investigate the fires. Unless you can remove everyone from within the village gates, keeping the others out will do very little. In fact, there is the chance that they will not send their stronger fighters out, and in that case, you may very well block yourselves in with them."

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2009, 02:43:37 PM »
"Well all we need to do is give them the motivation to send out their strongest fighters. But how..."

Gwythyr pulls out a book and thumbs through it for a while...

"I could create an illusion, but I don't know if I could make it convincing enough to cause them all to come out. We'd need some way to give it sound."

[spoiler]Anyone capable of a Ghost Sound? An illusory dire bear should either frighten them or bring them out. That or a rabble of 16 humans.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »
[spoiler]If only I had chosen Blue as my dragon totem, I'd have ventriloquism. Also, maybe a Hill giant (or several) or something more aggressive would be more apt for getting them to send out a squad of fighters?[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2009, 04:27:14 PM »
Gwythyr snaps his book shut and puts it away. "Well, maybe if we picked something that we don't need magic to mimic the sound of, this wouldn't be a problem. Something local, familiar, and yet... alien. Plausible, too. Any thoughts?"

[spoiler]You can just hide behind the illusions and scream. Hill giants are a good idea. You should take credit for that idea.

My kingdom for a cantrip!

Also I don't have languages chosen. What language does our group use to communicate in secret with? I have 3 bonus languages to choose.[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2009, 04:41:31 PM »
[spoiler]All I've got is Common and Elven.[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
[spoiler]Perhaps upon leveling we can all spend a couple skill points to speak the preferred language[/spoiler]

"Hmm, well the imposing forms of a group of hill giants might be all they need to come out from their rock. If anyone here speaks the language of Giants, perhaps this could be made even more convincing."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »
"Unfortunately I only know the common tongue and the language of my own race."
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2009, 06:30:59 PM »
Mr. Unlucky looks at the others in puzzlement.

Speak as the Giants? But of course, and many others. So much more fear when they make their own pain.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2009, 06:54:03 PM »
[spoiler]Guys I found out I get cantrips, but ghost sound is only 1 round/level. needs more spell duration.[/spoiler]

Gwythyr drops to the floor and begins reading from his texts and thinking deeply. In between rapid flips of the page, he says :"I can hold the image for as long as necessary, and at a good distance, but we need someone who can act the part of the danger that we present. It'd probably prove easier if I were within 100 yards of the image, though I can operate at over twice that distance. Once they're drawn out, Curyll and Unlucky can sneak in. " Gwythyr looks around at everyone. "What say you all? Should we prepare for this?"

Gwythyr draws a map with a stick in the dirt.

Code: [Select]
|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|M|
|M|M|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|
|M|M|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|
|M|M|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|X|_|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|V|V|V|V|V|V|_|F|F|F|_|M|M|
|M|M|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|F|F|F|_|M|M|
|M|M|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|
|M|M|M|_|_|F|F|F|F|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|
|M|M|M|_|_|F|F|F|F|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|F|F|F|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|F|F|F|_|M|M|
|M|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|F|F|F|_|_|M|
|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|
|M|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|F|F|F|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|F|F|F|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|
|M|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|
|M|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|M|
|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|M|M|M|M|

"We could place the phantasm at the "X," which, if it works, would allow us to sneak in from the north as they march out to the westward mountains. We could then go through the town and catch them in a pincer OR we could draw them back to the town and attack them from its relative safety."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #329 on: April 04, 2009, 01:12:48 AM »
"The more small groups we can separate them into, the better. That way we can take out more of them before they retreat into their walled village for defense. Of course, they never built those walls with us in mind, so even those won't hold long before our particular strengths.

Simell and I can take a small group on by ourselves, if need be. My claws, they scream for blood. I plan to appease them many times over before this day is through.
"

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #330 on: April 04, 2009, 01:43:45 AM »
Gwythyr looks to Dez and says: "That's a better plan. I'll hide behind cover and move in to help whoever needs it with ranged covering fire. I can probably split their attack force into two groups, if we could imitate 2 giants or something. We should have the discrete fighters move into position to flank so that if the plan falls flat they won't be able to run very far. You and Simell should wait near the 'giants,' If you can handle the group they send, then all is well, and we three," indicating to himself and Curyll, "Can enter the town and catch the rest of them unaware. But if you need some help, then we'll be right there, poised to strike from the cover of the hills. Unlucky, you'd probably be best suited to staying with Simell and Dez. With your vocalization and frightening demeanor, the peasants' morale will be shot to hell."

"There's the slight problem of making off with the ale, of course. Curyll and I will have to silence the townspeople, locate the ale, load it, and make off with a cartload. And there's the problem of communication. If either of our groups is in trouble, we need a signal. I don't know what would be a visible or audible signal. But as long as everyone does their job, we should do just fine."

[spoiler]Seeing as how the exact money I spent so far has become increasingly more important, how much gold do I get to start with? I need to figure out how many healing/vigor potions I can afford.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: April 04, 2009, 03:35:33 AM »
"It seems to me that while the ale is important," Dez nods toward Simell, "it would be best to take care of the villagers first. If we can manage to simply wipe them out, we can take all the time we need gathering their resources before razing this disgusting blemish from the countryside."

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2009, 03:54:11 AM »
Simell picks a large flea off his chest and flicks it away. "Many must die, yes. But we can find uses for plenty of them. Especially the women."
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2009, 04:58:01 AM »
Dez grunts, clearly disinterested in Simell's point.

[spoiler]For obvious reasons.  :P[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2009, 05:00:39 AM »
Simell laughs heartily at Dez, "Surely a harem of slaves interests you, even if you find no joy in the fun bits."
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: April 04, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »
"Taking on slaves is far too direct for such a pursuit. I'd lose interest before long.

Anyway, let's not delay any further. The weak ones are not of concern to us right now. Their warriors stand between us and our conquest, and we need to remove them.
"

[spoiler]I'm still trying to find a way to balance Dez being feral and beastly with being cunning and manipulative, without being overly intelligent and using too many big words. She's supposed to have average intelligence (INT = 10). So far, I've just been trying to offset the cunning and prose with bouts of viciousness and bloodlust, spurred by the effects of the magical experimentation performed on her. I like to imagine that before the experiments, she was much more intelligent, but her INT would have suffered due to all this. However, I don't want to go overboard, either. I'm just trying to play Dez the way I think she should be. Sort of difficult to mesh the stats with personality and roleplaying stuff, though.

It's kind of why Green dragon was the best totem to go with. Green Dragons are belligerent and vain, and also have a healthy interest in politics and intrigue. I imagine they have more interest in the manipulation and conniving aspects of politics, though. :)

[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: April 04, 2009, 09:30:56 AM »
Scare them, I can do.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: April 04, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »
"Well, it should be easy enough to split them up, but I fear the condition that would lead us to. Difficult to divide and conquer when we find ourselves divided. Perhaps if we prepared the environment for their arrival, we'd have a better chance."

[spoiler]That means I'm going to need a pit trap or two. Who's helpin'?[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »
Simell plops down like an exhausted lion, clearly bored with the current discussion. "Still say flaming sheep is a good plan." He mumbles to himself.
[spoiler]Simell's not the battle planner. He'd just as simply walk into arrow range, take a couple arrows, back up, rinse and repeat until the whole town is out of arrows and then go knock the door down...[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2009, 04:03:37 PM »
[spoiler]Dez is fine with that, haha.

Like I said, Dez and Simell can take on a few warriors on their own, given our fast healing, but we really need to get things going.

Now, are we waiting until dark before we start putting together our plan, or doing it during the day?[/spoiler]