Author Topic: Create-a-Feat-Chain!  (Read 18329 times)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Create-a-Feat-Chain!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »
Lets see what I can do here...

I - Parry
Prereqs: BAB +1, Combat Reflexes
When an enemy makes a melee attack against you, you can try to block the attack by making an attack roll with any melee weapon you are holding. If you are using a one handed weapon and a buckler or nothing in the other hand, you gain a +2 bonus on this roll. Use the higher of your AC or your attack roll as your effective AC against the attack. The bonus increases by +1 for every feat that has Parry as a prerequisite. This is considered an attack of opportunity.

II - Swift Counterattack
Prereqs: BAB +4, Parry
Whenever you successfully block an attack using the Parry feat, you may make a single attack with your highest bonus against the opponent who attacked you. This is considered an attack of opportunity.

III - Sliding Counterattack
Prereqs: BAB +8, Dodge, Swift Counterattack
Whenever you successfully block an attack using the Parry feat, you may take a single 5 ft step (this doesn't count as your 5ft of the round) before or after using the Swift Counterattack feat.

IV - Baffling Counterattack
Prereqs: BAB +11, Sliding Counterattack
Whenever you successfully block an attack using the Parry feat, you may choose a target adjacent to the opponent that attacked you to receive that attack as a free action. That target is flat-footed until the end of the next turn. This can be used with the Swift Counterattack and the Sliding Counterattack feat. If you do, and your attack hits, the enemy you hit becomes flat-footed until the end of your next turn.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 12:30:07 PM »
Started off strong, but then you didn't realize that Sliding Step is strictly much worse than Evasive Reflexes (ToB).  :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:38:03 PM by bkdubs123 »

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 12:47:18 PM »
So what? Change it to do what? Render the opponent attacked with swift counterattack flat-footed for 1 round? Gain additional attacks after the parry?

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »
Hrm... I'd let Sliding Step and Swift Counterattack be used at the same time with the third feat, calling it Sliding Counterattack. Still not sure if it's worth it, but then you can make the last one superfantasticawesome!

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
Edited my chain, but I don't know about the last feat...

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 02:25:29 PM »
Definitely pretty cool, but to give it a little more bang for buck, what about adding this little number, "If you do, and your attack hits, both enemies become flat-footed until the end of your next turn?"

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
Definitely pretty cool, but to give it a little more bang for buck, what about adding this little number, "If you do, and your attack hits, both enemies become flat-footed until the end of your next turn?"

Added to Baffling Counterattack  :D

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »
Would it be reaching too much to add that you gain a +2 bonus (which improves by +1 with each feat) to the attack roll if you are wielding a single one-handed weapon and holding nothing in your off-hand (allowing you to still use a buckler or small shield)?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »
Hmm... dunno.... what do YOU say?  :P

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »
Well, on one hand this is straight up swashbucklery, and definitely fencing style. I also desperately want to make fencer style characters more viable. On the other hand... yeah, I think it's kinda reaching.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »
There. It's done...

Thinking on another chain....

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 03:40:43 PM »
There. It's done...

Thinking on another chain....

:lol :clap :lol

awesome.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »
Another one...

I - Mighty Grip
Prereqs: Str 15, BAB +1, Power Attack
You can use a melee weapon one size category larger than you without penalty. This ability doesn't stack with the Powerful build racial ability. Additionally, you add half your Strength bonus to all damage rolls using a one handed or two handed melee weapon.

II - Unstoppable Strike
Prereqs: BAB +6, Mighty Grip
All melee attacks you make ignore a number of an object's hardness and a creature's damage reduction equal to your Strength bonus.

III - Ultimate Grip
Prereqs: Str 17, BAB +11, Unstoppable Strike
You can use a melee weapon two size categories larger than you without penalty. This ability doesn't stack with the Powerful build racial ability. Additionally, you add your Strength bonus to all damage rolls using a one handed or two handed melee weapon.

IV - Titan's Smash
Prereqs: BAB +16, Ultimate Grip
When using the Power Attack feat, you may gain a free bull rush attempt against any struck foe with a bonus to the opposed roll equal to the penalty to your attack. If this attempt succeeds you cannot follow the target. Whenever you successfully bullrush a target into any other creature or solid surface you deal that creature damage equal to twice your strength modifier.
----
I fell like the last one isn't cool enough...

EDIT: Edited to avoid Goliath riot everywhere...
EDIT2: tweaked Titan's Smash according to bkdubs's tip...

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
Another one...

I - Mighty Grip
Prereqs: Str 15, BAB +1, Power Attack
You can use a melee weapon one size category larger than you without penalty. Additionally, you add half your Strength bonus to all damage rolls using a one handed or two handed melee weapon.

II - Unstoppable Strike
Prereqs: BAB +6, Mighty Grip
All melee attacks you make ignore a number of an object's hardness and a creature's damage reduction equal to your Strength bonus.

III - Ultimate Grip
Prereqs: Str 17, BAB +11, Unstoppable Strike
You can use a melee weapon two size categories larger than you without penalty. Additionally, you add your Strength bonus to all damage rolls using a one handed or two handed melee weapon.

IV - Titan's Smash
Prereqs: BAB +16, Ultimate Grip
When using the Power Attack feat, you gain half your penalty to attack bonus as a bonus to damage rolls.
----
I fell like the last one isn't cool enough...

Does this Feat chain stack with Powerful Build?  Goliath Fighters and their kin everywhere want to know!
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »
Does this Feat chain stack with Powerful Build?  Goliath Fighters and their kin everywhere want to know!

Oops. Let me fix this...

SiggyDevil

• Hong Kong
  • Magmar, the ultimate butthead
    • Feybook Project
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 12:52:05 AM »
Size increases from spells don't stack, but that doesn't include boosts from race.

Powerful Build IMO should not stack with these feats, given that you can stack between feat + spell but not 2 of the same source.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 01:17:41 AM »
All those poor Goliaths had their hopes dashed.  Now what are they going to do with all those Gargantuan Spiked Chains they were ordering so giddily an hour ago? :'(
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

SiggyDevil

• Hong Kong
    • Feybook Project
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »
They could stack Powerful Build with, say, Enlarge but you can't stack Enlarge with Righteous Might (or any other spell).

Also, there is a high level WuJen spell that makes you a giant for what, 1 minute? 10 minutes? You could still use that + either PB or the feat in this thread.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 02:34:04 AM »
Let them stack, then, for size increases and virtual size increases, just state that increases from the same type(race/class/magic/feat) don't stack. Whats the worst that could happen? :P

This? Looks kinda awkward to use indoors.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

SiggyDevil

• Hong Kong
    • Feybook Project
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2008, 06:24:24 AM »
lulz.. that fucking hammer. Near top priority of things my littlest brother and I take out of Brawl when we play.

I just hang off the edge (Samus, Ivysaur, anything with grapple!) until the duration expires.

Maybe you can do the same in D&D. Just hang off the edge and wait.