Author Topic: Should there be a "Threads that are Fail" thread?  (Read 8373 times)

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
Re: Should there be a "Threads that are Fail" thread?
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »
I like the idea of them. They are entertaining, and provided all actual discussion occurs in the thread in question, and not the repost thread here, groupthink and douchery can be avoided.

I think, as long as it was limited to only summary post + link and no commenting/discussion, it would be fine.

Also, no links to BG... Set up a DoW for that shit.

But, if those standards can't be followed or are too difficult to set up, then it shouldn't happen, or else it just becomes the same douchebaggery jack off flame fest that we've seen the last two degrade into.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2008, 01:52:06 AM »
When the in-board arguments starting spilling over, I really wanted to go around stabbing people. The second thread was meant to be on-topic, and a place for me to mock the idiots we can find (like half of the posters at GitP and more than half of the people at Gamebanshee and Gleemax).

My anger cannot be expressed without corpses being involved. I can be very level-headed, but when people start fucking up something I like, the urge to kill rises. A lot of people I thought were level-headed and reasonable showed themselves incapable of common civility, which seriously bugs me.

I guess it really comes down to a simple phrase once spoken in the bowels of the net itself: "We're all idiots here, we just don't like admitting it".

Now if you will excuse me, small animals are about to be butchered in ways to horrid for even /b/ to talk about. I have front row seats and a bag of popcorn ready. I'm not missing this for the damn internet.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

ZeroSum

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 07:31:13 PM »
As much as there's a bit of schadenfreude when you see someone completely misunderstand something I think it's not healthy to dedicate a thread to glorify it due to the elitism issue.  Also, the PR issue of BG becoming a place where groupthink reigns supreme and dissenters are outed and ostracized while viciously attacked is a seriously bad thing.  (Though it does give me a humorous image of the "harumphing" scene in Blazing Saddles.)