Author Topic: Minotaur + Soulforged + Healing  (Read 1376 times)

DemonLord57

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Minotaur + Soulforged + Healing
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »
This will only work at higher levels due to the magic items required. The party will still function at lower levels, though.

1) Minotaurs have a racial feature that lets them make a melee basic attack as a free action when 'reduced to 0 hit points', which I assume includes going past 0 hp (but not being reduced further, or this would be even more hilarious.)
2) Soulforged armor lets you stay conscious (and not die, according to the text in parentheses) until the end of your next turn when dropped to 0 hp or lower.
3) Healing brings you up to 0 hp before taking effect. The combination with Soulforged is amusing on its own, negating all damage beyond 0 hp.
4) Healing is available without spending healing surges, (not that you'll ever run out with a Str Con build) especially through the Symbol of the Warpriest. You are explicitly still conscious, so you can get a small amount of healing every time the holy symbol wielder hits, which is why they use burst/blast attacks for you. There are also a number of encounter powers that give small amounts of healing.
5) ??
6) Profit!

I'm thinking a party with two Minotaur Fighter/Barbarians plus a couple Clerics or Paladins (probably two Leaders in the party in any case) could effectively be either nigh invincible or have a couple of ridiculously powerful Strikers with extra hp. If the enemy wants to leave, they have to provoke from the two Minotaurs. (Which will hurt. A lot. Not to mention that they'll not be able to move anyway if they're Fighters. That's the Striker part.) If they stay, if they knock the Minotaurs under 0 hp, the Minotaur gets a free attack and stays conscious. If any Minotaur is knocked below 0, a small amount of healing is given to them through the Symbol of the Warpriest, keeping them from falling unconscious/dying. The best solution for enemies is to shift away, but even that provokes CC if they're Fighters. (and had attacked the enemy) I think it may be plausible (and beneficial) to simply keep the two Soulforged wearers at low health all the time if you've got this sort of system set up. This relies on quite a bit of healing available, of course.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 12:56:02 PM by DemonLord57 »

MilwaukeeJoe

• Rappan Athuk Play-By-Email
Re: Minotaur + Soulforged + Healing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 05:11:59 PM »
This might also be fun to have a enemy minotaur equipped in this way, who keeps hitting zero hp but doesn't die.

I think it says somewhere in one of the books that monsters don't have to die at 0 hp, if you want them to go into negative hp.

DemonLord57

• Email
Re: Minotaur + Soulforged + Healing
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:44:36 AM »
Ah, something else I'd missed: with a Battle Standard of Healing, you can simply have someone in the burst 5 spend a healing surge and *pop*, the Soulforged guys are fine.