Author Topic: Altea: A New Town  (Read 30774 times)

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Altea: A New Town
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
Doriavan hops into the other chair to imitate the vision he saw.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2009, 11:42:43 PM »
The hallway is still there, as in the vision, but when you sit in the chairs, nothing seems to happen.

However, after a moment, the two of you are fairly sure that the room isn't entirely empty...

ymir

« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2009, 06:56:41 PM »
Carric looks around, still in the chair, "...Something doesn't feel right. There's someone or something else in this room. I didn't notice it before sitting down, but it's certainly there, now, whatever it is..."

With that, he stands and draws his dagger, carefully making his way around the room, keeping to what few shadows are present.

[spoiler]Perception & Stealth, respectively: 1d20 8=26,  1d20 11=21[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2009, 01:59:51 AM »
You see a shape flitting about you, you get the sense that it's dancing.
A half-whispered giggle escapes into the air.

Soon, before you stands the ghostly image of a small, female eladrin.

She smiles at you and says Murderers!  I'm glad you came...  You can't possibly know what's going on...

She stops and looks at Carric.  So!  You ended up with it!
She giggles again and looks at you all quizzically.

ymir

« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »
Carric instinctively reaches for his belt pouch, "It..? The egg? You're right, we do have no idea what's going on. Did you bring us here? Do you know who did? Or why? Why do you call us murderers?"

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
I don't know why you are here.  I am here because of you.  Do not lose your precious cargo, Murderer; you will likely need it.  You are what you are.  Accepting it is crucial to meeting your destiny.
Down the hallway, you will find a special gem.  It will show you things, maybe even what you want to see.

She begins dancing again, flitting about from column to column.

ymir

« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »
Carric sighs and nods, "Alright then, I suppose we should get this gem. You said it might show us what we want to see? Will it show us what we need to see, though? Also... Who are you and how did you die? You said you're here because of us... is this your resting place, then?"

He begins making his way to the hallway, looking over the entrance carefully before making his way down it.

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »
"Hmm?  Egg?  Murderers?"  Doriavan just kind of analyzes the situation quizzically, processing the events as they happen.

ymir

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »
Carric sighs, "I don't know what it is about me being called a murderer... I've never stabbed anyone that didn't deserve a good stabbing... But the egg, well, that I can explain."

Pausing, he turns and reaches into his belt pouch and withdraws a small bundle. Unwrapping the cloth, you see a moderately large black diamond, cut into the shape of an egg, along all three axes are small white diamonds placed upon the surface.

"I... acquired... this from a certain Theifling we all know, and hate." Shrugging, Carric wraps the egg back up and replaces it in his belt pouch.

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Professor Oak can effin' Die
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2009, 07:10:02 PM »
"Don't let that thing get to your head, Carric.  For all we know, that creature is hell-set on leading us into a trap, or maybe just a creation of a nourishment-starved brain.  I don't understand it, and would bet money none of us do.  Same probably goes for that rock you're toting. 

Keep things simple... We're lost, and nearly starving.  Let's just explore this place, and hopefully find something that'll pass as food."

Darius follows Carric, looking back to the rest of the party to follow.
As far as clerics go... he's gonna be the very best, like no one ever was

ymir

« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
"Well, I'm guessing that it has something to do with why we were brought here. At least that's what that... ghost... thing made it seem to be. Maybe this 'magical gem' will help shed some light on our situation. And I agree... some nourishment would be very nice."

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2009, 07:53:11 PM »
As you make your way down the hallway, discussing various options, you see a dark room come into view.

Inside the room, you see that it's not any dirtier, it simply lacks the glowing fungus that is found in patches anywhere else.

In the middle of the room, you see a slender glass rod extending up from the floor, and topped with a multi-faceted diamond.
There appears to be a thin ray of light coming from the top of the diamond.

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Professor Oak can effin' Die
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »
"...I really don't like the looks of this thing.  Dori, you think you can look around the room, see if there are any other ways out, in case this thing starts flying around and talking to us, too?"
As far as clerics go... he's gonna be the very best, like no one ever was

ymir

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »
[spoiler]Gonna take 20 on inspecting the rod/diamond structure. If not... here's the roll: 1d20 8=17[/spoiler]

Carric approaches the center cautiously, inspecting the rod and diamond carefully.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
You approach cautiously.  Surely nothing this valuable would be left here, unattended and unprotected.
You circle it twice, looking for any sign, any hint of a shadow of trouble.

No strings, no trigger plates...
Swift as lightning, your hand passes through the shaft of light, reaching to the ceiling.
For a breif moment, the aerial ballet of the dust particles is halted, but nothing else happens.
You try again, holding your hand there a fraction of a second longer... nothing.

Eventually, you try peeking downward at the gem.  A half of a glance and nothing happens.
You look longer.  The beam of light shines up at you, but you don't notice anything particular about it.
Eventually, you figure that you have to look into it like a telescope.

ymir

« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »
Carric stands and turns to the party, "It appears to be somewhat like the eye-piece of a telescope. Doriavan, have you had any experience with such things?"

Turning to the ghostly image of the female Eladrin, "You said this was a special gem?"

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
You turn to speak to the ghost, but find that she is not there.
Not even her giggle remains.

ymir

« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »
After looking about for any trace of the ghost and finding none, Carric returns to the group, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."