Author Topic: Altea: A New Town  (Read 30793 times)

Huggles

Re: Altea: A New Town
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2008, 01:27:55 AM »
Sounds good. So we wanna do back here at Rohan's cottage in thirty minutes, or do ya think we'll be needin' more time?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:30:17 AM by Huggles »

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Professor Oak can effin' Die
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2008, 02:15:37 AM »
"Should be enough time.  The two of us will check the outskirts of town, then.  Not a ton of daylight left; if there's nothing else, let's get moving."  Darius nods toward the wizard, and starts heading toward the door.
As far as clerics go... he's gonna be the very best, like no one ever was

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2008, 10:18:13 AM »
Doriavan starts heading towards the door as well, following Darius.  "I have no objections.  If he's out by the forest anyways, I'll have a better chance of finding him there like you guys will probably do better searching the town."

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
The two groups set out, one to search the city and taverns, one to search out by the forest.

Carric and Telchar:

You head out into town
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:06:47 PM by Dan2 »

linktheoriginal

« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2008, 06:40:16 PM »
After taking a leisurely dip in river, training his try-not-to-die-swimming technique, Skarrandar dries off, gets dressed, and walks back towards town.  Swimming has made him a mite peckish.

[spoiler]
I assume they find me?
[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2008, 01:20:06 AM »
Actually, no.  Swimming in the river is a very good way to get washed a-ways downstream.

When you manage to get out, you realize that your pack and rations are all back where you entered the river.
No problem; just need to go back and get them!
As you start walking up the bank of the river, toward your pack, you realize that you aren't alone in the woods...
You still have your armor and sword.  (Practicing without them would have done very little good.)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:33:36 AM by Dan2 »

Huggles

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »
[spoiler]When you say "blending in," I'm going to assume I've kept a fairly low profile here[/spoiler]Telchar  pays his tab at the bar and decides to make his way outside of the bar. He looks over at Carric and gives his best "watch my back" look.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2008, 01:06:13 AM »
[spoiler]You are correct.[/spoiler]
As you leave the bar, you head off to the side a little down the alley, and wait for your female friend to come meet you.

About a minute later, you see her leave, and head over to where you stand.

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »
Can't keep giving out gold like this... going to end up a pauper in no time.  Besides, he's probably fine.  Darius talks it over with Doriavan, and follows the less expensive lead.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 07:41:28 PM by Darius Stronghand »

ymir

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2008, 12:11:53 AM »
Carric follows Telchar and Steven's fiancee, doing his best not to be spotted.

[spoiler]Stealth (10)
Perception (7) (1d20 10=20, 1d20 7=24)
[/spoiler]

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 02:15:25 AM »
You see them in an alley, but Telchar subtly motions to stay back.
It seems like he doesn't want to betray her confidence... yet.

ymir

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 11:34:43 AM »
Seeing the signal, he holds his position, but making sure he can keep them in sight all the while, trying to look as if he's just looking around.

[spoiler]1st -> bluff
2nd -> stealth
3rd -> perception (1d20 10=11, 1d20 10=22, 1d20 7=22)
not sure if the bluff is necessary, but I figured I'd do it just to be safe and you could use it or not[/spoiler]

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2008, 08:21:07 PM »
Darius and Doriavan head to the North gate.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »
Carric:

After a short while, it looks like they have finished talking and Telchar waves you over as the lady walks off.

Darius, Doriavan:

When you arrive at the North Gate, a helpful guard informs you that a Dragonborn fitting Skarrandar's description passed through this gate a little before noon, but hasn't been back through.
He thinks that the Dragonborn kept going north, but he's not sure.

ymir

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »
Once she's out of sight, I make my way over to Telchar. "That was Steven's fiancee. What was that about?"

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2008, 12:14:06 AM »
Well, makes sense that he'd keep going north, if he left from the north gate...  "Let's keep going.  I thought it went without saying, but from now on, we're using the Buddy System... no wandering off alone."  Darius sighs, somewhat dejectedly, and continues going north.

Dan2

• Hong Kong
  • Wizicist
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:51 AM »
You go north for a few miles, and you find yourself standing on the bank of a large river.
In your head, you puzzle out that this is the same river that you crossed over when traveling from Almark to Eldin.

On the ground nearby, you find Skarrandar's pack, but Skarrandar and his other equipment are not to be found.

[spoiler]Darius, Doriavan; perception checks.[/spoiler]

Darius Stronghand

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2008, 12:40:40 AM »
[spoiler]Perception (1d20 2=21)[/spoiler]

Huggles

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2008, 12:22:12 AM »
[spoiler]Yeah, sorry about that... I got busy over Fall Break (yes, my teachers gave me projects due right after Fall Break) and then one of my PM's to Dan got eaten by the internets.[/spoiler]
Aye... Her name's Morgan. She's apparently not very happy with Steven as her fiance... she thinks he's too arrogant. She... said she wanted ta marry one o' us instead to get out of it cuz she thinks her father wouldn't mind if she married a "rich and powerful adventurer" like us instead o' Steven. She said she also thinks Steven would take care of her and might settle down when they get married, but she wants ta go explorin'... so I asked her ta come talk with all of us. I figure at least we can use her help ta come up with a plan ta convince Steven ta come with us.

ymir

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2008, 12:50:29 AM »
Carric stands dumbfounded for a moment before replying, "I'll trust you on the matter, but we should be careful. Something doesn't sit right with me about her."

[spoiler]It happens, one of my teachers said he'd be in email contact over break and took the better part of 5 days (as in over 5 but less than 6) to get back to me, and I even sent him the email BEFORE break. -__-[/spoiler]