Author Topic: Real Life Optimization!  (Read 2766 times)

Shigunaru

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • I am your "friend"
    • Email
Real Life Optimization!
« on: May 19, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »
Sup guys!

I'm about to prepare a new dinner and I need help with a main dish.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Potatoes 2/Onion 2/Pork Meat 10/Bouillon cube 1

Feats: Edible(prerequisite for Good-Tasting), Tender, Flavourful, Spicy and Good Tasting

With my avaiable wealth I bought some olive oil, mediterran spices, and obviously a large stainless steel cooker.

What can i do with my last 5 levels? Should I buy some more spices? thanks in advance for the advice.

Edit: Forgot to add the list of books!

- Basic Cooking Handbook
- Kitchen Master Guide
- The Complete (Italian Regional Recipes) Series

That's it!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:51:45 PM by Shigunaru »
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • /castrandom - even we don't know what it's about
    • Email
Re: Real Life Optimization!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
I think you should splash: 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1.5 tsp cumin, and about 1c olives (preferably the big green kind). Maybe some tomatoes. Definitely add cauliflower toward the end as well.

The trickiest bit is the meat. What kind of pork is it? IMO, things like pork loin (those big pork logs you get at the safeway) are not very good for stewing. They make good roasts, though. A shoulder blade roast roast, cut up, is better for stewing. Basically, you want something with a good amount of fat in it, since otherwise it'll end up pretty dry. If you're stewing and you've got a low-fat cut of pork, just make sure you only stew for a small amount of time. Also, don't worry too much about undercooking it, modern pork doesn't need to be well-done, the threat of food-borne trichinosis is not large anymore. You still need to treat it with respect, but a little pink in the center is not bad.

If you're feeling like a gestalt build, check this one out:
http://ericandchrissysfood.blogspot.com/2008/01/cider-glazed-stuffed-pork-roast.html

And as always, make sure you check the Handy Links:
http://www.epicurious.com

Talen Lee

• Bi-Curious George
  • Forum Ninja
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
Pft, real men use diceless cooking systems.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:50:25 PM »

Bah, noob! Is the little roleplayer scared of the big bad mechanics?

:lol
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:51:04 PM »
Darn min-maxers. :mad Put some ice-cream in that dish, that's the only way to get real flavour!
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Talen Lee

• Bi-Curious George
  • Forum Ninja
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »

Need a dice to tell you when it's done, do you? Pfah.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »

Need a dice to tell you when it's done, do you? Pfah.

I have a +38 modifier to Craft: Awesome Meals. What's the fun in it if I can't roll the dice and say HAH! 57! Divine nectar baby!

And everyone knows ice cream is suboptimal. It's been replaced by the Tome of Desserts, as well as Pizzazilla. Because Pizzazilla wins automatically.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »
If your craft check is high enough, do gods show up at your dinner table?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 11:50:56 AM »
If your craft check is high enough, do gods show up at your dinner table?

But of course! That's the whole point of hitting such high numbers.

And if they like your food, it's a bonus to diplomacy checks to become a god yourself.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]