Author Topic: Lessons Learned  (Read 8098 times)

Kari

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Lessons Learned
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 05:01:04 PM »
Only those of us who are idiots (or lazy). Some of us have actually researched our religion and know such things already.   (Random note: I a not a Gardnerian Wiccan, so,   )

+1 Not Garderian Wiccan either :P
Woohoo! Maybe we should start a club here.  :D

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 05:43:25 PM »
38: If you try to walk somewhere, remember what mother fucking road you're supposed to take back so you don't accidentally walk halfway around the mother fucking city by accident. It tends to do nasty things to your feet.

39: Don't mention the word Kitsune around anime fans (the cool animes that are clearly irrelevant to this subject such as Death Note are exceptions). Just. Don't. Trust me on that.

40: People are inherently disposable by default. And by disposable, I mean replaceable. The sooner you learn this, the less random emo shit douchebaggery that is standard part and parcel of said people will bother you and the sooner you can find someone who does the same thing while being less problematic about it. Cold as ice? Ya betcha. Still a necessary life lesson.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 03:56:46 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 03:59:19 PM »
It's a spam bot, and not a very good one. Someone gave it fu. :eh

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 06:44:42 PM »
41. People look at you funny when you chase butterflies.

42. Bald people are cool.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

AngelBlade

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »
(Sixth just reminded me of another one)

43. A Comb-over is NEVER ok. Just be a man and buzz it off, even if your head is shaped like a pear.

Angelblade

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
44. your fatter than you think you are (for men)
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 10:28:21 PM »
44. your fatter than you think you are (for men)
oh god... that made me think of my friend. He thinks he's all muscle.  :lol He's a comical one.

45. Don't wear short baggy shorts and then attempt to do some stretching post-workout. You'll flash everyone your crotch and then be too embarrassed about it to finish stretching (leading to muscle cramps). :wall

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 02:52:42 AM »
46) Sometimes crying will sound like laughter.

47) When asking your DM if you can take Psionic Contingency, it's best if you hadn't just recovered from a minute long maniacal laugh while looking for powers to learn.

48) Don't read modules you have no intention of running, someone will try to run it for you someday...

49) There are few problems that cannot be solved with either duct tape or WD-40. For these problems, I find gallon sized zip-lock bags are a godsend.

50) If the file looks suspicious, don't download and install it.

51) Bitches be crazy.

52) When using Psionic Dominate, errata is your friend.
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 10:18:03 AM »
53. Bitches be crazy. Worth saying twice.

Handy Links

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2008, 11:46:29 AM »
54: Bitches be crazy. Only twice? :P

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 06:46:00 AM »
55) Anyone who fucks with animals that live in the same house they do, should not have the gall to be surprised when said animal smites them in their sleep.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »
55) Anyone who fucks with animals that live in the same house they do, should not have the gall to be surprised when said animal smites them in their sleep.

So how'd you learn that? :P

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 01:56:47 PM »
56) Along the same lines as 55, when a cat is sitting on your lap, you are immune from having to get up.  Other people must move for you.

57) When a cat doesn't want to get up, it doesn't.  Period.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
58) Cats may, as a free action, convert their skeletons into fluid. Also, they become heavier the more comfortable they are.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
59) They can also convert your crotch into a zone of pure agony as an Immediate action.
Currently playing:
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »
60) Cats have poor spelling.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »
i can has dictionary?

er, i mean,

61, cats and women will do as they please, dogs and men be damned.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »
I believe that's:
"I kan haz dickshunerry?"

62.That hysterical thing that happened to you at 3AM while you were buzzing on 3 tequilas, 6 beers and a mysterious green beverage that smelled like fermented honeydew?  Not so hysterical when repeated to strangers that didn't see it, the next day
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 07:37:47 PM »
63. Work study is great. I'm getting paid by my college to browse BrilliantGameologists.  :lol
Currently playing: