Author Topic: Do we have a dirty trick handbook?  (Read 268705 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Do we have a dirty trick handbook?
« Reply #500 on: February 10, 2009, 12:17:02 PM »
Creating Scrolls section in the SRD, this would allow one to make divine scrolls of spells that are normally arcane-only. This, in turn, would mean that the Archivist's spell list is now equal to that of all spells, arcane or divine, in existence. Hooah!
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #501 on: February 10, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
Creating Scrolls section in the SRD, this would allow one to make divine scrolls of spells that are normally arcane-only. This, in turn, would mean that the Archivist's spell list is now equal to that of all spells, arcane or divine, in existence. Hooah!

Sweet, merciful Cthulhu...

Although, there is a problem. Neither feat allows you to learn spells that way, do they?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #502 on: February 10, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »
Meh, you just need a Cleric 1/Arcane Caster X to scribe them for you...

One of the few things the Archivist couldn't access was Wu Jen spells, anything else this opens up?

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #503 on: February 10, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
Trapsmith spells(1st-level Haste!)?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #504 on: February 10, 2009, 01:18:01 PM »
Meh, you just need a Cleric 1/Arcane Caster X to scribe them for you...

One of the few things the Archivist couldn't access was Wu Jen spells, anything else this opens up?

You mean a cohort?  :D

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #505 on: February 10, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
Exactly :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #506 on: February 10, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
Actually, with Southern Magician you don't even need that Cleric level, as it only requires the ability to cast 2nd-level spells. :D

Also, does anyone else laugh at Alternate Source Spell's and Southern Magician's acronyms, or is my sense of humor just that infantile?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #507 on: February 10, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »
Actually, with Southern Magician you don't even need that Cleric level, as it only requires the ability to cast 2nd-level spells. :D

Also, does anyone else laugh at Alternate Source Spell's and Southern Magician's acronyms, or is my sense of humor just that infantile?

More at Alternative Spell Source than Southern Magician.

I mean, SM is everywhere.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #508 on: February 20, 2009, 06:12:46 PM »
A Warmage 14+ with an Int bonus of at least +5 (or an Int bonus of at least +1 and Extra Edge) and Corrupt Arcana (HoH p. 120) can prepare and cast Rapture of Rupture (BoVD p. 101) on up to 14 living creatures (and take 1 Str damage per creature touched, but there's ways around that). These creatures have to make a Fort save or take 6d6+5 damage and be stunned for a round (half damage and no stun on a save). If they fail their save, they continue taking 1d6+5 per round until they get magical healing or make a Heal check (Or die, obviously). In addition, whenever a target takes 6 or more damage from the spell in a round, they're stunned for a round. The minimum damage of 1d6+5 is 6, so they're stunned until they get magical healing or make a Heal check. And since the spell's duration is instantaneous, that might just be forever (or, again, until they die).

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #509 on: February 20, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »
Has Heal Mount/Animal companion + Amulet of retributive Healing been mentioned yet?

Also, the Fire Shuriken spell is insanely broken as written.  Throw on Energy Sub, Admixture, and Born of Three Thunders, and you get up to 6 shuriken per level that do 6d6 half electric/half sonic, and force a DC 16 + your casting stat Reflex save or stun.... per casting from a 6th level slot.  Since the spell is instantaneous, you can just make these suckers in your downtime, and you (the caster) are automatically proficient with the shuriken you made.  The catch?  Only wu jen and assassins get this spell, so you have to be wu jen to properly exploit this.  If you have a monk or ninja in your party he will love you if you make these for him.  Hell, throw some yourself when you have a spare action.

I sooooo need to play a wu jen in a high level campaign now.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2009, 06:38:14 PM »
Has Heal Mount/Animal companion + Amulet of retributive Healing been mentioned yet?

Also, the Fire Shurikenand archivists get this spell, so you have to be wu jen or archivist
Fixed that for you. :D

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: February 20, 2009, 06:40:11 PM »

Also, the Fire Shuriken spell is insanely broken as written.  Throw on Energy Sub, Admixture, and Born of Three Thunders, and you get up to 6 shuriken per level that do 6d6 half electric/half sonic, and force a DC 16 + your casting stat Reflex save or stun.... per casting from a 6th level slot.  Since the spell is instantaneous, you can just make these suckers in your downtime, and you (the caster) are automatically proficient with the shuriken you made.  The catch?  Only wu jen and assassins and archivists get this spell, so you have to be wu jen or archivist to properly exploit this.  If you have a monk or ninja in your party he will love you if you make these for him.  Hell, throw some yourself when you have a spare action.

Wu Jen and Assassin are both arcane.  how is the archivist getting this?  (are you thinking of Shugenja instead?) Now a Recaster or Wyrm Wizard might, form what I heard.....

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »

Also, the Fire Shuriken spell is insanely broken as written.  Throw on Energy Sub, Admixture, and Born of Three Thunders, and you get up to 6 shuriken per level that do 6d6 half electric/half sonic, and force a DC 16 + your casting stat Reflex save or stun.... per casting from a 6th level slot.  Since the spell is instantaneous, you can just make these suckers in your downtime, and you (the caster) are automatically proficient with the shuriken you made.  The catch?  Only wu jen and assassins and archivists get this spell, so you have to be wu jen or archivist to properly exploit this.  If you have a monk or ninja in your party he will love you if you make these for him.  Hell, throw some yourself when you have a spare action.

Wu Jen and Assassin are both arcane.  how is the archivist getting this?  (are you thinking of Shugenja instead?) Now a Recaster or Wyrm Wizard might, form what I heard.....

See the link I embedded.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »

Cuz an Archivist can get anything, thanks to wonky alternatives like the Divine Magician.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:41 PM »

See the link I embedded.

Ah , my bad.  Ooh, for more sillynes, Heighten Spell + Prestige Bard + Lyric Thaumaturge adds another 6d6 Sonic damage to that.

By this point, you're blowing walls apart with these babies.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2009, 09:44:31 PM »

See the link I embedded.

Ah , my bad.  Ooh, for more sillynes, Heighten Spell + Prestige Bard + Lyric Thaumaturge adds another 6d6 Sonic damage to that.

By this point, you're blowing walls apart with these babies.
You just gave me either one of the worst or one of the best ideas I've ever had.
Let's find a way to blow walls apart with babies.

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »
Corpse Explosion shenanigans.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #517 on: February 21, 2009, 07:02:50 AM »
Just use the Chicken-Infested Necromancer with Explosive Retribution (or whatever that corpse-explody feat is called) and Zombie Chickens :D

Zombie Chickens beat babies hands down (wings down? :P), unless ofcourse we're talking about Hindsight created Wight Babies who claw there way out of their mothers womb and then destroy a wall :P

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #518 on: February 21, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »
Just use the Chicken-Infested Necromancer with Explosive Retribution (or whatever that corpse-explody feat is called) and Zombie Chickens :D

Zombie Chickens beat babies hands down (wings down? :P), unless ofcourse we're talking about Hindsight created Wight Babies who claw there way out of their mothers womb and then destroy a wall :P

Hindsight was fixed in SpC IIRC, but we could still just use the rest of the trick.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: February 21, 2009, 09:55:18 AM »
Aye, you don't need the temporal element to make it awesome :D