Author Topic: Riddle Me This  (Read 72965 times)

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
Re: Riddle Me This
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »
Optimator got the answer that I was given, but BobIsMyRhino, you got a good one. I'm giving it to Optimator because the lipstick would have been something that a waiter trying to hide the fact that he was giving the exact same tea back should likely have noticed and taken care of. Sorry if this hurts your feelers.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2008, 01:30:36 AM »
Optimator? You got it; run with it.
Camlen, Enniwey

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2008, 06:11:42 AM »
Oh, didn't even see that.  Um...

I got nothing.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
I got nothing.
hmm... this must be some obscure quote from a movie noone has ever seen.... I am guessing it's from; Mr Dark in the Darkness and I'll guess volume 2 :P
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »

Optimator, if you got nothin, give it a pretta lad or lass so we can keep on riddlin.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2008, 05:39:30 PM »
Suggestion: BobIsMyRhino got a very good answer; mayhap she'd like to riddle?
Camlen, Enniwey

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2008, 06:18:18 PM »
I'd like to add a general rule to this-- if the person who got it right doesn't respond in 48 hours, someone else can just ask a question.  Their turn will come back around.  Also, if you don't have one, just say pass and the first person to ask after that can just carry it on, or hand it off to someone but make sure they ask a question within 24 hours. 

This is for any question/answer game.  I've seen too many die because one person took too long. 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »
23. Which of the following statements are true? (The answer is the one that is "most" true since multiple answers are correct.)

1. At least one of these ten statements is false.
2. At least two of these ten statements are false.
3. At least three of these ten statements are false.
4. At least four of these ten statements are false.
5. At least five of these ten statements are false.
6. At least six of these ten statements are false.
7. At least seven of these ten statements are false.
8. At least eight of these ten statements are false.
9. At least nine of these ten statements are false.
10. At least ten of these ten statements are false.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #208 on: June 20, 2008, 11:12:57 PM »
Five is the maximum number of possible true statements. So, five is also the maximum number of false statements. Six through ten are not logically possible, as far as I can tell, because they speak about false numbers of statements. So the most correct answer is number five: "At least five of these ten statements is false."
Camlen, Enniwey

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2008, 11:14:45 PM »
That is correct. Oddly, I've had many people try to argue that 9 is correct, that 10 is correct, and that 1 is the most correct... But, yes, 5 is the most correct answer.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2008, 11:19:35 PM »
Heh. Neeto.

'k' here's 'nuther that I made up jus' now:

Attack me all you want;
I have no other purpose.
Camlen, Enniwey

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2008, 01:46:17 AM »
A strawman argument?

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2008, 01:58:37 AM »
 :lol Right on!

I didn't think of that. And a Straw-man Argument is intended to be just that; a target. ;)
It's close enough. Yer up Caeilc.

P.S. I tend to make fairly simplistic riddles. Just no real poetry in mah soul.
Camlen, Enniwey

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2008, 05:59:35 AM »
Suggestion: BobIsMyRhino got a very good answer; mayhap she'd like to riddle?

Sorry! I was unable to respond... I got distracted by Magic cards. >.>;;

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2008, 09:38:24 AM »

Heh. Neeto.

'k' here's 'nuther that I made up jus' now:

Attack me all you want;
I have no other purpose.

Arrggghhh, why didn't I log in earlier!
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2008, 03:29:58 PM »
The King was getting old, and decided that it was time to choose his heir.  He called his two sons to him.

"My sons," he said, "When I am gone, one of you will be King.  I wish my successor to be wise, not reckless...cautious, not prone to rash haste.  Therefore, you will both saddle your horses and ride to the nearby town.  The one whose horse arrives there second will be my successor."

The princes were rather surprised by this unusual command, but hastened to the stables and saddled their horses.  They set forth for the nearby town...very slowly.  Each time one of them pulled ahead, he would slow his horse.  Soon, both princes were at a standstill.

Time passed.  The princes and their horses were pelted by rain and baked by the sun.  They grew hungry and thirsty.  Neither one would move an inch.

Finally, an old, wise hermit came along.  He was much amazed to see the princes of the realm slumped in their saddles, gaunt and unkempt, and not budging an inch.

"My princes," he asked, "Why do you sit here?"  The princes explained the challenge to him.  "Our father has commanded that we ride to the nearest town.  The one whose horse arrives second will be King, so neither of us will go on ahead of the other."

The hermit pondered for a time.  Then, his face lit up, and he spoke two words.  Upon hearing these words, the princes shouted for joy.  Quickly, they followed the hermit's advice, and then raced for the nearby town as fast as they could go.

What were the two words the hermit said?

CoarsestGrate

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Wisdom begins in wonder.
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
The King was getting old, and decided that it was time to choose his heir.  He called his two sons to him.

"My sons," he said, "When I am gone, one of you will be King.  I wish my successor to be wise, not reckless...cautious, not prone to rash haste.  Therefore, you will both saddle your horses and ride to the nearby town.  The one whose horse arrives there second will be my successor."

The princes were rather surprised by this unusual command, but hastened to the stables and saddled their horses.  They set forth for the nearby town...very slowly.  Each time one of them pulled ahead, he would slow his horse.  Soon, both princes were at a standstill.

Time passed.  The princes and their horses were pelted by rain and baked by the sun.  They grew hungry and thirsty.  Neither one would move an inch.

Finally, an old, wise hermit came along.  He was much amazed to see the princes of the realm slumped in their saddles, gaunt and unkempt, and not budging an inch.

"My princes," he asked, "Why do you sit here?"  The princes explained the challenge to him.  "Our father has commanded that we ride to the nearest town.  The one whose horse arrives second will be King, so neither of us will go on ahead of the other."

The hermit pondered for a time.  Then, his face lit up, and he spoke two words.  Upon hearing these words, the princes shouted for joy.  Quickly, they followed the hermit's advice, and then raced for the nearby town as fast as they could go.

What were the two words the hermit said?

Switch horses. :)

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »
Correct!  You're up.

CoarsestGrate

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Wisdom begins in wonder.
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2008, 09:55:55 PM »
Correct!  You're up.

All righty, sorry for the wait.  Here you go...

Edit: As I was looking back, I realized the first riddle I posted was slightly stupid.  Here's another one...

This is a most unusual paragraph.  How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it?  It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it.  It is unusual though.  Why?  Study it, think about it, and you may find out.  Try to do it without coaching.  If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you.  So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out.  Good luck - don't blow your cool!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 05:15:42 AM by CoarsestGrate »

Sirperry

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Pbbbbth !
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2008, 05:57:38 AM »
Your riddle contains no letter 'E'
There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch