Author Topic: Chapter 1  (Read 19675 times)

Blade2718

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Un4given Ghosts Scenario Paintball
    • Email
Re: Chapter 1
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2009, 12:43:47 AM »
"Well, clearly that won't be a good idea because then the Whatever-It-Is will want to come see the roasting pit.  We simply must see this Whatever-It-Is for ourselves.  Quietly now..."

Stealth 1d20+7=22

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »
Skullz follows, keeping him finger extended outward, ready to fireball anything that gets too close.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat
Warning: You may have already been set on fire

Bread does not need a reason

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2009, 05:49:23 PM »
Sigrud heads out ahead again, flitting in the foilage without making more impression than a passing shadow, relying on his nose to find...whatever it was...enormous sword nowhere to be found.

[spoiler]
Skill checks later, the Castle's actin up on me again
[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2009, 04:19:42 PM »
[spoiler=Veekie]I went ahead and rolled for you, so we could keep things moving. Hope you don't mind. ;)[/spoiler]

As Nerie, Sigrud, and Vala move out in an arc formation toward the last sound of the jungle, all their senses are at a peak, determined not to be caught unaware.  Slowly, as they move into the dense foliage, the sounds of the jungle begin to pick back up.  As insects crawl and small beasts make their noises once more, the group blends into the background noise.

Time barely passes before the stench reaches the noses of Sigrud and Vala first.  A mixture of mud, blood, and feces wafts through the air from less than 30' away, clearly indicating their destination.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2009, 10:21:38 PM »
[spoiler]Oh, that's fine, I don't mind, saves a lot of trouble if you roll reactive rolls for us really, with pbp being as slow as it is already, every time we wait for the party to roll X, something like 3 days go past.[/spoiler]

Sigrud steps closer to the stench, ready to vanish into invisibility at a moment's notice.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2009, 11:38:51 PM »
Skullz quickly turns in the direction Sigrund stepped towards, finger extended, ready to burn.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2009, 02:41:11 AM »

Still a bit away from the group, Nerie looks for a tree or bush she can scale for elavation as she tries to identify the source of the smell. Blood and feces may mean a victim, perhaps a living one, so she's not trying to be stealthy about it.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2009, 06:28:56 PM »
Nerie finds a clumping of vines strong enough that she can scale them with relative ease.  As she scurries up the vines, Sigrud and Vala spot the first specks of blood on a nearby tree.  Following the splatter to its source, leads the group to an area of dense brush. Within the brush, a large pool of blood is spread over the floor, with little droplets dripping from the leaves into the puddle.

Near the closest tree, just at the edge of the blood is a fairly messy example of a dire rat's bowel movements.  The whole area is pungent, causing most of those nearby to hold back a slight gag.  The scene is covered with evidence of a violent struggle. Whatever happened here was savage.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Blade2718

• Email
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2009, 10:06:57 PM »
"Well, this is fine and dandy, but I was hoping to encounter the Whosit that did this.  Ah well, maybe we can follow it."

Perception and Surivival to find tracks (and hopefully follow them).  1d20+12=17, 1d20+5=10

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »
"Oh ewww."
Sigrud looks up at the trees for hidden creatures, as he poked at the brush with his sword.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »
Whatever did this WILL become a crunchy, if slightly overcooked, snack!
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »
Vala ignores the rest of the party as she concentrates on figuring out what happened to the rat.

Mmmm... poop... Marrock edges towards the steaming pile, licking his chops.

Don't you dare, you vile creature. Vala hisses at him.

Keep your eyes and ears out. Whatever did this can't be far.

Vala uses her keen eyesight, ears, and sense of smell to find any clues as to what caused the demise of her future dinner.

[spoiler]Perception:
1d20+13=32

Survival:
1d20+15=27

Knowledge Nature:
1d20+14=34 [/spoiler]

Meanwhile, Marrock starts to be useful and attempts to track the predator...

[spoiler]Survival (Track):
1d20+7=24 [/spoiler]

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2009, 03:15:44 AM »
Vala, Marrock, and Respen scour the area while Sigrud turns his focus to the trees.  As he shakes some of the loose brush around, a small *plop* hits the pooling blood.  Glancing down, Sigrud sees a small piece of pinkish flesh laying amidst the excrement and vital fluids.
[spoiler]I PM'd people their discoveries. Reveal what you wish when you wish to. ;)  I'll do that often when people have different discoveries.  Makes things a bit more interesting, me thinks.  Just remember: The jungle has ears. :D[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Blade2718

• Email
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2009, 04:05:28 AM »
"I don't see anything related to our mystery beast, but we could go see the rat's den if we wish.  Which I don't personally, but I wouldn't presume to speak for any of your own personal aspirations."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »
Sigrud points his sword silently at the chunk, followed by at the bush it fell from, before stepping carefully around it.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2009, 12:31:55 AM »

Nerie scampers down, confident there's nothing threatening close by. She'll shadow the group again as the find the den of the rat.
[spoiler]
Would you prefer perception rolls, or just do reactive rolls for us AC?[/spoiler]
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2009, 06:38:20 PM »
Skullz stares at the blood, he dips a finger in it and tastes it, seeing if he can identify the creature.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat

Blade2718

• Email
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »
"Oh very well.  I suppose we're to raise the rat's younglings as well, perhaps train them in the esoteric fighting styles of monks?"

Stealth = 12

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »
Vala! Up there! Marrock starts barking at the tree.

"It came from the trees..." Vala informs the party while studying the treetops. "It's some sort of primeape. A big primeape."

Vala licks her lips while keeping an eye out for the giant monkey.

"I don't know about you all, but I'm curious to find out what it is... and if we're safe with it still being alive."

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

emissary666

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2009, 06:17:39 PM »
In my death there was this one fiend... Skullz quickly shuts up.
I make little kids cry
Steady As A Goat