Author Topic: CO Team B: Preparation Thread  (Read 38206 times)

Shigunaru

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • I am your "friend"
    • Email
Re: CO Team B: Preparation Thread
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
What the... I'm looking over the halfling pantheon here, and none of the little buggers have the healnig domain. :wall
Cyrollalee does. As of right now. *DM magic*

Woohoo! :D

Thanks.
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »
My rationale is that you can clearly tell they spent all of 2 minutes writing that section. Compared to the other deities in ANY book, the halflings seem to have gotten the shaft. And they are such fun little buggers :wink
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2008, 11:11:17 AM »
the halflings seem to have gotten the shaft. And they are such fun little buggers :wink

I choose to take this out of context and come to the conclusion that crescent is of a similar mind to me when noting the exact height of a halfling female...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
Looking at my build, it seems to lend itself to Combat Reflexes, but is there any way to add Dex to damage? Shadow Blade would require me to take Martial Study and Martial Stance, despite the fact that it is less powerful than Weapon Finesse. I've seen some people use homebrew feats for this.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
There's an ACF in DotU that adds dex to damage against flat-footed opponents, IIRC
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2008, 06:41:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's a thread to answer your question.

Looks like the easiest ways to get Dex to damage consistently is to give up 2 levels or burn 3 feats. Hit and Run tactics, as mentioned earlier, let's you use it when your opponent is flat-footed, but unless you have some way of making them flat-footed consistently...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »
I guess I'll have to rely on Extra Smite and Psionic Fist for damage output if I boost Dex. I could boost Str instead, but MAD is BAD.

Looking through the list, I'll have to take a look at the prereqs for Avenging Strike (ToB).
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:38 PM »
I guess I'll have to rely on Extra Smite and Psionic Fist for damage output if I boost Dex. I could boost Str instead, but MAD is BAD.

Looking through the list, I'll have to take a look at the prereqs for Avenging Strike (ToB).

Once we get the shuffle you can swap out some exalted feats for the Shadow Blade prereqs.  :D

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
Once we get the shuffle you can swap out some exalted feats for the Shadow Blade prereqs.  :D
I know it's a long way off (I believe you mentioned getting Shuffle at level 18) but since this is a CO game, you'll be taking on challenges well above your EL, so your enemies get DCFS and 21HD when you are around level ~16... Just a thought. :wink
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »
I know it's a long way off (I believe you mentioned getting Shuffle at level 18) but since this is a CO game, you'll be taking on challenges well above your EL, so your enemies get DCFS and 21HD when you are around level ~16... Just a thought. :wink

Yea, that's probably the earliest the party can field a shuffle, but it's all good. Long as we're not douching it up by retraining racial feats or armor proficiencies, you shouldn't feel the need to either.  :)

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2008, 10:59:35 PM »
Yea, that's probably the earliest the party can field a shuffle, but it's all good. Long as we're not douching it up by retraining racial feats or armor proficiencies, you shouldn't feel the need to either.  :)
Of course. Whatever doors you all open are open for me, whatever you leave closed, I will too :wink
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »
Wait, we can retrain exalted feats as normal ones, but not take normal ones to begin with? :confused
My work

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »
Wait, we can retrain exalted feats as normal ones, but not take normal ones to begin with? :confused
Ejo is referring to the Dark Chaos Feat Swap. It's legal, by the rules, and if you all want to open that door, it's your call.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »
Ejo is referring to the Dark Chaos Feat Swap. It's legal, by the rules, and if you all want to open that door, it's your call.
I believe I have heard of "Embrace the Dark Chaos", but where is it? Can an exalted character really do something like that?

Also, would my build benefit from a level of marshal? It would grant me a bonus on Charisma-based checks equal to (3+Cha modifier)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:44:58 PM by Prime32 »
My work

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2008, 01:11:14 PM »
I believe I have heard of "Embrace the Dark Chaos", but where is it? Can an exalted character really do something like that?

Also, would my build benefit from a level of marshal? It would grant me a bonus on Charisma-based checks equal to (3+Cha modifier)

Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos are from Fiendish Codex (2?). They don't even have the Evil descriptor though, so there's nothing to stop an exalted character from casting or benefitting from them.

Not sure about Marshal though.

DaveTheMagicWeasel

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • If you optimize it, they will come
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
While I could certainly make use of the extra feats, I'd rather we didn't open up DCFS personally.  It's just a stupidly designed rule - whichever designer wrote those two spells should be dragged into the streets and flogged.

Shigunaru

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • I am your "friend"
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »
While I could certainly make use of the extra feats, I'd rather we didn't open up DCFS personally.  It's just a stupidly designed rule - whichever designer wrote those two spells should be dragged into the streets and flogged.

+1

Do we really need to open THAT can of worms?
Posting guidelines. Read 'em. Use 'em. Love 'em.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
This is why we have teams! So we can vote and all come to an agreement  :D

Who would like to ban the Dark Chaos Feat Swap?

Ban: Dave, Shigunaru

Don't Ban: Ejo

Everyone else, throw your vote, or correct me if I mislabeled your stance.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2008, 09:17:03 PM »
Yup, ban. I don't like it.
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

BoSheck

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2008, 09:20:01 PM »
A little cheesy.  It's really unecessary (except for total abuse) if you're allowing PHBII-style retraining anyway.