Author Topic: half hour mock  (Read 2190 times)

Zax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
half hour mock
« on: May 19, 2008, 12:28:34 AM »
Hiya,

First off, good luck. I'm sure I'll be lurking here as much as I lurk on the wizards boards.

I am off work sick and was bored so I took half an hour to make you a mockup. Feel free to use or not as you see fit.

Caio

EDIT: sorry, should make this clear: look at the attached image hehe
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:44:39 AM by Zax »

Zax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: half hour mock
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 12:45:19 AM »
updated mock image - the icon i used on it was screwed up.

Also out of interest put up the logo full-sized

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 12:47:36 AM »
That looks nice.  Simple and elegant.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »
I'm very interested in other's thoughts too.  I like how sleek it is a lot. 

I want something that is uniform-- so a logo that can be used on the site, here, on merchandise if we go that route, and on cards. 

The big printing consideration is the number of colors.  Right now our logo has 2 colors. 

Could you do a super quick mock of what a logo may look like?  Even just describe it?  I should let you know what font I used- I spent a while trying to find one that I liked and I think I'd like to keep what we've got.

All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • /castrandom - even we don't know what it's about
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »
Neat logo - is it possible to make the bulb's filament into a BG looking thing?

Zax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
That looks nice.  Simple and elegant.

Thanks!

I want something that is uniform-- so a logo that can be used on the site, here, on merchandise if we go that route, and on cards.

The big printing consideration is the number of colors.  Right now our logo has 2 colors. 

Anything where printing in full color is possible will be fine for the logo I did, the problem is it doesn't scale to small size very well (too many little parts). I can try to do a simpler, smaller scale one if I have time (I'm over my illness so back to work!) and maybe a B&W one

Could you do a super quick mock of what a logo may look like?  Even just describe it?  I should let you know what font I used- I spent a while trying to find one that I liked and I think I'd like to keep what we've got

I don't understand what you want here, isn't that the second image?

Neat logo - is it possible to make the bulb's filament into a BG looking thing?

Thanks. I could make the fillament BG, but it probably wouldn't look very good, as there is too much going on with those letters, and there's scaling issues as is

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:18:00 PM by Zax »

Zax

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »
attached are 2 tests - on a white bg (so no outer glow) and as a b+w. not happy with the b+w version but it can be tweaked.

I'm a software engineer that dabbles in design (not the other way around hehe) so be gentle :)