Author Topic: Re: Overpowered Rogue Needed!  (Read 2365 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Overpowered Rogue Needed!
« on: October 04, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »
Check their laugh, cry, or both thread.
You'd better give me a link to their boards, then. I tend to avoid arrogant douchebag forums on the Internet.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »
Check their laugh, cry, or both thread.
You'd better give me a link to their boards, then. I tend to avoid arrogant douchebag forums on the Internet.
Why are you here?
Edit:
I'm sure you'd enjoy Paizo more.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:04:12 PM »
Why are you here?
Just because you are an arrogant douchebag doesn't mean the entire forum is?

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »
Why are you here?
Just because you are an arrogant douchebag doesn't mean the entire forum is?
See my edit.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »
Your edit is irrelevant.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »
Your edit is irrelevant.
No it's not.  Either you can be nice and dance around points or you can be straightforward.  You read straightforward as arrogant douchebaggery.  That's a fact.  Paizo sees being straighforward as arrogant douchebaggery.  You two are a perfect couple.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 11:18:44 PM »
No it's not.  Either you can be nice and dance around points or you can be straightforward.  You read straightforward as arrogant douchebaggery.  That's a fact.  Paizo sees being straighforward as arrogant douchebaggery.  You two are a perfect couple.
Actually, I thought I made it clear that being boastful made you an arrogant douchebag.

And boastful meaning "self-aggrandisation", not your bullcrap interpretation of "lies".

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »
Actually, I thought I made it clear that being boastful made you an arrogant douchebag.

And boastful meaning "self-aggrandisation", not your bullcrap interpretation of "lies".
I want what you're smoking.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 11:49:43 AM »
AJ man, wtf happened to you?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

Has he ever not been like this?  Because he hasn't since I met him.

At any rate, I think there's an important distinction that needs to be made here.  I don't know any DM that would allow a rogue to ignore all prereqs for the bonus feat ability they get at high level.  That being said, according to the rules, you DON'T have to meet them.

Now, I require they meet the prereqs anyway, but I at least make the distinction that the rules were written otherwise.  I speculate that's not what the designers intended, but that's merely speculation as I don't know the designers. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:54:36 PM by CountArioch »
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
Well he was pretty cool when we were roasting Aelryinth. Now he's anti howler? Again, wtf AJ.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
PMs, Sunic. And Uber claiming that he cannot be boasting because what he says is truth :rolleyes

I am anti-howlers who cannot be stuffed to be polite. I always have. If someone's being a douche (e.g., Ael), then by all means open up a can of whoop-ass on him. But to make being a total dick right from the get go because you are either too lazy or too much of an asshat to be polite is something else. Plus Uber's a special case. He has the balls to call "beating someone over the head with a verbal bat" as teaching. To someone who likes to encourage rational and independent thought, that is just anathema.

As for the Count, he wants to drag rich people out of their mansions and flay them alive. That says everything, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:03:56 PM by AndyJames »

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 05:11:35 PM »
How about verbally bitch smacking those that deserve it? See: The Paizils.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »
Plus Uber's a special case. He has the balls
lol

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 01:50:14 AM »
Good example here of what NOT to do.

Bringing up past crap, petty bickering, and making a thread about "you" instead of the topic.  No thanks. 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!