Author Topic: *creepy voice* Do you like scary movies?  (Read 10562 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: *creepy voice* Do you like scary movies?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »
I like zombie flicks better than I like plain supernatural. I guess it just does more for me.

The Ring scared me shitless when it came out (I hadn't watched many horror movies back then). I recall that my sister and I went to see it together, last session of the day on a Friday 13th.

First scare of the night: after the movie ended, I went to the bathroom (just in front of the exit). Just as I came out, there was this flash on the screen (I could see it since the door was half-open), it was the film rolling out.

Second scare of the night was on my sister. She'd gone to bed with her lights on, door open, TV off. She woke up with the lights off, the door closed, and the TV on a movie that, incidentally, happened to picture a barn with a well in front of it.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

winter_soldier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 12:14:07 PM »
I can't believe nobody's mentioned Suspiria or Deep Red yet!

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 02:52:05 PM »
Never found horror-movies scary, but one supposedly "scary" movie I watched roughly a year ago made me and my friends scream aloud, of laughter, possibly the worst movie (why don't the spell-check function in my browser have "movie"?) ever made must Dario Argento's "Phenomena". It had so much potential in the beginning, but it was simply wasted, a movie branded "horror" should not make the audience cry from laughter.

A trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mk6EjlATp4

winter_soldier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 03:00:06 PM »
Never found horror-movies scary, but one supposedly "scary" movie I watched roughly a year ago made me and my friends scream aloud, of laughter, possibly the worst movie (why don't the spell-check function in my browser have "movie"?) ever made must Dario Argento's "Phenomena". It had so much potential in the beginning, but it was simply wasted, a movie branded "horror" should not make the audience cry from laughter.

A trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mk6EjlATp4

Phenonema is far from the worst movie Argento ever made, let alone the bottom 500 of it's genre......I think it's the last one he made that's watchable. As wonky as it is, the soundtrack's pretty awesome, and it's strange.

I don't know what happened to Argento. He co-wrote one of the best films ever made (Once Upon A Time In The West), made a few pretty decent giallo/horror films early on (The Bird With The Crystal Plumage, Four Flies on Grey Velvet, Deep Red, Suspiria), followed those up with some really mixed films (Inferno, Phenomena, Tenebre, and Opera), and just mostly sucked from there on in. I don't get it.......