Author Topic: X Stat to Y Bonus  (Read 63983 times)

asdfjkl

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: X Stat to Y Bonus
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 05:48:32 AM »
Witch Hunter1 gives CHA to all saves via Kami's Grace.

Where's this 'Ritual of Blood' that gives CHA to HP?  I've not seen it in Player's Guide to Eberron.

Bloodtouched Rite p 23, but it is lame because you trade off 2 points of Con permanently and irreversably.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 06:15:09 AM »
Bloodtouched Rite p 23, but it is lame because you trade off 2 points of Con permanently and irreversably.

Of course, if you use the ritual and then do the Necropolitan ritual to become undead, it's free HP and a few other solid bonuses.

JaronK

zagan

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 04:03:36 PM »
I've found another one not in the list, The diviner variant from UA can add his Int mot as an Insight bonus to attack roll, saving throw, skill check or level check. It's once per day + once per five class level.

Edit: It's page 60.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
Too bad I checked when I was about to leave; I'll check back and update next time I'm on BG.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 05:57:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure this version is the bad one. PersonMan or someone at GitP has a good version. If your over there you can ask to copy his stuff.

Here.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:48:16 AM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure this version is the bad one. PersonMan or someone at GitP has a good version. If your over there you can ask to copy his stuff.

This is a port (with some updates) of the original.

If you have something to contribute, do so.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Just go here. The formatting just isn't doable on this forum. IMO, just edit the original post to a link to there.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 01:44:37 AM »
I've found no Ritual of Blood in Player's Guide to Eberron.  How can I get my CHA bonus to HP if not undead?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 02:12:00 AM »

Of course, if you use the ritual and then do the Necropolitan ritual to become undead, it's free HP and a few other solid bonuses.

JaronK
Note it's only "bonus hp equal to your charisma bonus" and not "your level times your charisma bonus"
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 05:42:06 PM »
Yeah, but I'm actually more interested in the bonus to Necromancy spells and the Turn Undead bonus.  Makes it quite good for a Dread Necromancer who's about to turn Necropolitan or into a Lich anyway.

JaronK

Fluffles

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 05:51:37 PM »
Yeah, but I'm actually more interested in the bonus to Necromancy spells and the Turn Undead bonus.  Makes it quite good for a Dread Necromancer who's about to turn Necropolitan or into a Lich anyway.

JaronK

Rebuke undead only, not turn.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
I wonder, would a DM allow a DN20 to become a Dry Lich at +1 LA? Pay the difference in LA, so to speak? That would be SO worth it!
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 03:53:26 AM »
By the way, we might as well be perfectly correct and change the listed "ritual of blood" to "the bloodtouched rite" and put the reference to page 23.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:43:31 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 04:53:31 AM »

JaronK

Rebuke undead only, not turn.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 10:57:58 AM »
I wonder, would a DM allow a DN20 to become a Dry Lich at +1 LA? Pay the difference in LA, so to speak? That would be SO worth it!

i certainly would. But, well, i am not your DM :D
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »
Player's Guide to Kalamar lets you spend a feat for a church-based positive energy channeling option.

For the church of the everlasting hope, if you spend a turn attempt you can add your charisma as a morale bonus to your allies' saves and skill checks for ten minutes.  Only a 20 foot radius, but man it's good.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:28:54 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »
Fey craft template adds Dex to hit on light weapons, not damage.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 01:51:08 AM »

This is a port (with some updates) of the original.

If you have something to contribute, do so.
You think I don't know that?

The OP had no mention of the information I provided. I have been very helpful for the CURRENT and UPDATED version of this over on GitP. Just in case you don't believe me:[spoiler]
Quote from: PBMC
The int->hp is a drag mag. I looked it up myself and it rocks. I forgot the #
The dragon warrior wis->hp is only at each PrC's class level.
Beauties bounty is only for 1st level HP
The shifter druid racial sub is for shifting, not wildshaping.
Quote from: PBMC
dead eye p. 108

don't forget vital aim targetteer p.39 drag mag 310 for dex->dam if flatfooted (replaces but not for penalties)

Companion Guard Style 315 p.52 elf only

Bayushi Deceiver 2 is the level u want

Ascetic Psion is 115

You really should mention that the keen intellect is updated and includes some skills too

Strength of the Charger might be worth a mention

warmage is page 10

That sorc dwarf sub is really far in so its not worth the bonus spells

why does anyone give a poo about Magic of Rokugen? Its publisher is Alderac Entertainment Group, whoever that is.

Battle Dancer is a base class, not a PrC

Gwenyfhar gets divine grace at level 2. It doesn't stack with a pally's

Gloura are not a template.

All five of the race's charisma AC bonus should be deflection, though the Gloura one is not RAW

Iajutsu Master 5 should mention it adds Wis multiple times

Mystic Wonderer gains the Cha AC bonus at level 1

the swiftblade entry under cha is wrong (level 4 not 2)

soldier of light gains divine grace at level 2

a bit below that is "War_Mage" notice the space. Its in Age of Mortals. bonus is morale

and u forgot battle dancer 1 (dragon compendium 29)

divine might feat needs a mention its epic

hexbands are 112

Ritual of Blood is page 23. Are you sure its a 1 time bonus? The only limitation besides running out of con I can see is if the character's base con would run out while the magically boosted one would allow the ritual again.

Undersong is 227

also for charisma I can help you add DCS's Knight of the Skull 2. It has the black guard dark blessing ability
[/spoiler]

So please take your own advice and post if you have something to contribute.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2010, 05:52:31 AM »
Yeah. I'm going to have to cross reference the one at GitP and here and post at GitP the couple things spotted by BGers. I have the time now to update this, but I'm not that great at formatting.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
I see the cat bonus (use dex instead of str for jump and climb) still hasn't been reflected in the list.  it also applies to some cat related races that are actually playable.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."