Author Topic: **Chapter 1** A trail of fangs  (Read 23867 times)

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: **Chapter 1** A trail of fangs
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 11:45:57 PM »
OOC:[spoiler]Jump: 57
Spot: 16
Hide: 14 (self-buffs to 22 for 10 minutes/day)
Listen: 14
Move Silently: 14 (self-buffs to 20 for 10 minutes/day)
Climb: 14

self-concealment for 15 rounds, hide in plain sight 10 minutes/day
50 foot base move speed (+10 10 minutes/day)
Darkvision
Superior low-light vision 10 minutes/day
Monstrous humanoid, and immune to all sleep effects.

The 10 minutes/day things are all the same effect, but it doesn't have to be used all at once. My jumping isn't flight, Nym has me beat on that, but I can move pretty well.
Bowen, Ling Ling has darkstalker, right? That could be useful.

I'm thinking two people, Ling Ling being one, and then the other either Nym or Wek'tcha, the second hanging back a way, providing back-up and fast escape if necessary (assuming ling ling doesn't mind being carried)

I'm probably the least experienced person here, though, feel free to poke holes in the idea. See if you can get them to form a smiley face.
[/spoiler]
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 06:28:58 AM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Yeah, Ling Ling has Darkstalker, I forgot to mention that  :blush
I edited my previous post and also included movement (speed 40 ft., climb speed 20 ft.).

Ling Ling is quite mobile on his own, but flight he does indeed not have.

As for carrying, sure, I don't mind :D[/spoiler]

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 03:23:53 PM »
"I see your point, and I have to agree." Ling Ling replies telepathically. "Perhaps we should see if we can find out more about this "Wood Witch" before jumping to conclusions, perhaps some reconnaisance in the area where the witch supposedly lives. What do you think, boss?"
Beyden nods at the telepathic suggestion, then speaks aloud to the team and the mayor. "Very well then, we should begin our search right away. I would like to examine any of your survivors, and then you will show us to the location of the most recent attack." Turning directly to the rest of the team and motioning for them to move out, speaking through the telepathic link, "We will keep an eye out for any traces of 'wolves', but specifically for any changes in the tracks, size or weight or whathaveyou. We are likely dealing with magics or shapeshifters, and it will be easier to find indications of that rather than simple wolf tracks."

As they continue to leave the office, Beyden turns back and looks at the mayor who is still meekly standing behind his desk. With a glare and clearing of his throat which nearly startles Tewyn, the mayor jumps back to attention and hurries out the door with the rest of the team.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »
The mayor quickly leads you throught the city, explaining on the way that all the survivors of the attacks, and there were many, as the wolves only killed 1 or 2 people per attack, would all still be in the city after the tracks had been examined. 

You quickly arrive at the forest clearing where the recent patrol got attacked by the wolves, with all your scouts ahead of you reporting nothing but a clear way and a safe clearing.  Several traces of blood and trampled earth cover the ground in this clearing.  A battle between man and beast has been fought here, that much is clear.  You regroup and start searching for clues.

OOC: Alright, roll survival+track anyone who has it, or search for those who don't.  Tell me where you are searching and what you are searching for.

Nodaisho

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 02:41:32 AM »
search at battle site (1d20+1=4)

Let's say I'm searching for a big neon sign saying "This way to the villains."

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2008, 07:50:15 AM »
[spoiler]
Beyden has track and urban tracking
survival: 11
gather info: 21
sense motive: 25
search: 12
spot: 13

know arcana: 15
spellcraft: 18

looking for:
tracks of wolves and/or goblins or anything else (tracks include: the tracks themselves, "waste", claw or tooth markings, "marked territory" (which someone with scent could probably detect), etc)
changes in track size and weight (and indication of size or weight change in the environment, such as broken branches and widened paths, etc)
bits of fur (and colour thereof) or clothing
residual spell material components

Does anyone have scent or equivalent ability to sniff things out?
[/spoiler]
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2008, 10:28:08 AM »
[spoiler]Listen (to notice possible spies): 1d20+15=31
Spot (to notice anything strange around these parts or possible spies): 1d20+17=20
Search (tracks and clues)): 1d20+17=18
Survival (untrained)(tracks and clues): 1d20+2=13
Sense Motive (untraind)(to notice if there is anything unusual or out of the ordinary about this site): 1d20+2=17

Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790846/

Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light Vision, True Sight, Superior Low-light Vision

-True Seeing (Su): Beguilers always see as under the effect of a True Seeing  spell.

-Superior Low-light Vision: See four times as far as a human in low-light conditions.

-Telepathy 100 ft.

-Mindsight

Search and Survival:
Looking for:
Tracks of wolves, dire wolves and other quadrupedal carnivores, goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears and orcs, .
Including:
Tracks (imprints, broken twigs caused by something large needing to clear a path etc.) and any sudden or abrupt changes in those tracks such as an increase in size/weight, changing from bipedal to quadrupedal;
waste;
markings (claw, tooth, urine to mark territory etc.);
lost/torn of patches of fur, skin, clothing and what not;
alchemical components and components used for spellcasting or residue of those components.

Knowledge (arcana) (to identify any alchemical/spellcasting components: 1d20+6=24
Link:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1790850/ [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:32:38 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 04:05:14 PM »
OOC: Wow you guys roll like crap!!!

Nothing found so far.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 04:41:11 PM »
OOC: Bugger...   :-\

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »
OOC: Two people haven't rolled yet.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »
OOC: Two people haven't rolled yet.

OOC[spoiler]:
Thats because its numerically impossible for me to even approximate the rest of the teams scores.
I take negatives to Listen, Spot, and the such. I can see invisible but beguilers have true seeing. Which don't get me
wrong, I"M GLAD someone can take care of the scouting :D, but hell its a military party, we all have our jobs to do. I'll fix it up next level.[/spoiler]
Listen: For movement =4; Spot for movement= 8; search for things to point out to the squad tracks,hairs, blood etc...= 6
Next level I'll pick up scent  :lol good times!
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »
OOC: Only nym is left to roll, being a ranger he should have decent scores in at least one of those.

After that well, I'll tell you what you find.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
OOC: Anyone know if Caelic is still around?

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 08:30:04 PM »
[spoiler]OOC: Well it looks like he's not around for now, I'll keep going, Nym was on scouting duty in the air, warning you if ambushes did come, so he did not get a look at the ground.[/spoiler]

The clearing yields little to no information, and so it is with heavy hearts that you start thinking about other ways to find information, your minds busily filing and discarding the information that you have already aquired.

What you did find was this: There was a battle at this spot, between Lupine large animals and humans.  Blood was shed, but you do not know where the lupines went after the battle, the trail is too old for that.

You regroup in the center of the clearing to discuss this information and deal with it.

OOC:Bowen, roll me a Knowledge (Nature) check

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2008, 05:57:56 AM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Joy, an untrained skill, so I can't get higher than a 10 anyway :P
Knowledge (nature): 1d20+4=5

Nevermind  :eh[/spoiler]

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »
The birds chirp happily around you, in a soothing, pleasant melody.  Your accute hearing picks this subtle song nature offers you better than the rest of the party.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
"Well guys, apparently the birds are happy as always, but aside from that I got nothing." Ling Ling says...

Nodaisho

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
"Now what? Find the Wood Witch?" Wek'tcha isn't happy about not being able to find a trail, but shrugs it off, that hasn't stopped them before.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »
Perhaps we should look again for a trail? This is clearly the scene of the fight so the direction they took the bodies must be here Dude take 20 on the search check Everyone else aid another.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »
OOC: Who's conducting the search and who is helping.

Also, search or survival, or both.

One take 20 on the whole area is an hour.  so both would be 2 hours.