Author Topic: **Chapter 1** A trail of fangs  (Read 23859 times)

Nodaisho

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: **Chapter 1** A trail of fangs
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »
"I swear that I will not divulge the location of this place unless you or someone working on your behalf behaves aggressively towards the inhabitants of the village or any witch hunters. Is that good enough?" Wek'tcha's eyes flick around the room, measuring the reaction to his words. Through the mind-link, he says, with what seems to be a trace of humor If not, I call the one with the hat.
The more I see of people, the more I love my dog.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »
All of them? I'm sure there's enough for all of us to have some fun, don't you agree, Tylunth?
A slasher grin appears on the little mouse-like creature's face as he communicates these thoughts to his team members.

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2009, 01:38:21 AM »
True my friend, true. Really though if they wanted to fight we'd be fighting now. So here we sit and wait through the bluster. Bah  :lol The one with the hat!
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »
They take too much time. Really, how hard can it be to ask us to keep our mouths shut about this little hippie-shack?
Ling Ling asks mentally, bitterness resounding in his thoughts.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »
So, the captain the rat and the mantis take all the consequences for your whole party, if one of you speaks of this place, or the people it contains, very well, those are acceptable terms, after all, if you all perish from too large mouths, who will live to tell the tale.

With a laugh as clear as crystal, but with a hint of slyness in it, she waves a hand and suddenly the room becomes smoky and blurry, you feel light headed.  The next instant, you are in a forest clearing, outside the fey hall, and feeling a bit nauseated.

(That is, if you were all willing to leave the place, if not there's a saving throw)

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2009, 09:39:56 PM »
Well that was a great waste of moments... and did she just call me a rat? LOL!
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Nodaisho

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2009, 02:39:04 AM »
"Well, at least we know where to go now. Don't worry, if you promise to behave on the way there, I'll let you kill one of the goblins."

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2009, 04:59:22 AM »
Beyden shakes his head clear from the mini teleport. Though he was well trained to resist the mental effects of suck magics, it still left an annoying buzz in his ear.

"Come gentlemen, we have wasted enough time here. Let us find these blasted flowers and be on our way to... did she say the cheese mountain?"
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2009, 07:54:47 AM »
"First one to make a comment about mice and cheese gets hit in the face..." Ling Ling says as he starts looking for the flowers the Wood Witch mentioned.

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2009, 12:02:59 AM »
As you are looking around the forest, looking for bloomed dragonflowers, they slowly start to appear to your sight, transforming from vulgar looking plants to splendid looking flowers in instants, and you can feel the magic of the woods unraveling around you, showing you the way, guiding you deeper into the forest.

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2009, 12:29:33 AM »
"One second."

The "cat" stretches...and elongates, and expands, and in the blink of an eye, assumes the form of a nine-foot-tall leonine warrior.

"That's better.  I was getting cramped.  Shall we?"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2009, 05:59:46 AM »
"Let's rock and roll" Ling Ling grins.

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »
AS you make your way accros the forest in your standard military formation, the brushes and the trees seem to always be in your way, and you realise that if it were not for the flowers showing you the way, you would never have thought about coming this way.  As you make your way further into unknown territories, venturing where no man has been before and no map has ever been written, you start to get the shakes.  Maybe not out of fear, for surely your hearts are immune to it after so many battles, surely not out of eagerness, for who would be eager enough to expose his tender skin to the violence of unfriendly strangers, but still, you get this queezy feeling in your belly that makes the whole world seem more present, more oppressive.  You are on the edge of perception, and you can almost hear the forest screaming at you: ''you do not belong here, this is not your place'' but still, you move on, following the blooming flowers of the nymph queen. 

you are almost at it's root when you arrive at the base of the mountain.  It is a weird mountain really, more like a stony spear, jutting out of the ground, with numerous holes in it, vaguely ressembling a cheese.  An enormous cheese.  There is pratically no room between the forest and the mountain, as if they have been waging a constant war with one another for the past millenia, and not one of them is even close to surrendering.

An eagle rises from the top of the mountain, surely where it's nest is, and starts climbing in the sky.  Surely, this must be the mountain of cheese.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2009, 09:36:26 PM »

Arrggghhh! Beyden, can't we stop and eat? I have crakers and dried meats, this cheese would be so perfect with it? HAHAH! -Tylunth laughs apparently immune to the strangeness of the situation.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2009, 06:13:54 AM »
"Hmm, perhaps a brief respite is in order," as Beyden's stomach grumbles in acknowledgment. I think we were all eager to leave the witch's cabin, except perhaps for Tylunth who likely have enjoyed a good throwdown with the fey in chains."

"Heh, that sounds dirty" snorts Nym under his breath, as Ling Ling chitters with laughter. Wek'tcha clicks his mandibles in confusion, "I do not understand... Would his mating with the fey have resulted in a more favourable encounter?"
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:16:10 AM by Surreal »
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:18 AM »
OOC:
[spoiler]Win!  :lol :lmao[/spoiler]

Alastar

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
The deep forest, while maintaining an air of oppressiveness is still a very nice place to have a short rest and a meal.  you settle down for a 15 minute break before attempting to hatch an action plan.

Old habbits kick in and you lean your backs agaisn't tree trunks, Wektcha and Ling-Ling jumping to a better vantage position at the top of the trees, and the others getting a bite while talking in a hushed voice about this thing and that one.  How that tavern wench you laid with 3 months ago thinks she's pregnant with your kid, or that gambling debt this friend of yours owes you, but you don't know if it's right to collect, menial things like that.

the birds around you sing a gentle song, and you see a squirrel that looks at you in an evil way, as if he thinks you're going to steal his precious nuts, but he doesn't have the courage to come forward and face you, all in all, this is the life, this is what you signed for!

[spoiler] Roll spot checks, wektcha and ling ling get a +2 circumstance bonus [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:34:20 PM by Alastar »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2009, 07:19:40 AM »
The code is [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] (minus the spaces) ;)

Staring of into the distance Ling Ling tries to see anything unusual before he starts on his trail rations...
Spot: 1d20+18=32
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:49:43 PM by BowenSilverclaw »

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »
One thing about being a more-or-less continuous shapeshifter: it makes you more than a little paranoid about harmless appearances. 

That cute little squirrel over there?  Doesn't look so harmless when you yourself can BE that cute little squirrel.  Ditto for the songbirds, the chipmunks...or, heck, the trees.

So despite the serenity of the location, Nym, as usual, isn't particularly relaxed.  You'd think a guy who could look like anything he wants would be more fun at parties.

Spot roll: 25

Nodaisho

« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2009, 12:54:26 AM »
Wek'tcha looks around, turning his body carefully, so as not to fall of the branch. He eats efficiently, not looking at his food, but isn't quite as vigilant as he could be, because his tree contains a very noisy woodpecker. He doesn't consider eating it, they taste foul, and for the next couple of days, you can't spend more than 20 minutes on one task without having to teleport off to the outhouse. The outside of the outhouse, his mandible had been crooked for a week after that time with the monk. She had quite the right hook.

Spot roll: 1d20+18=25
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:56:13 AM by Nodaisho »