Author Topic: Arhosa Recruiting and Campaign Setting  (Read 27528 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Arhosa Recruiting and Campaign Setting
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2008, 10:53:33 PM »
Leading? I was thinking more Uriah the Hittite :D

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »
Leading? I was thinking more Uriah the Hittite :D

*googles*  Awww, I feel loved.  :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »
No... Your *wife* will feel loved  :smirk

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2008, 11:14:25 PM »
Aaaanyway, back on topic...

*cough*

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »
Nanshork, come to the dark side. [/jedi mind trick] It seems with AJ playing a full caster and getting a CoDzilla backup, we may be needing all the help we can get, if he's aiming at a higher op level. :P
Well, I suppose I could have a Sorcerer/Wizard cohort. Would that help?
Yeah, because a full caster of ANY type with a Tier 1 cohort is clearly Op level 2-3... :rolleyes
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
Yeah, because a full caster of ANY type with a Tier 1 cohort is clearly Op level 2-3... :rolleyes
Why do people always assume that I play casters as anything other than fireball and prismatic ray?

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »
Prismatic Ray is a SoD, dude. So what you're saying is you're playing 2 casters with SoDs? :P
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »
Bull. The last few times I used it, it took me 3-4 rays and I killed the damned things via hp... In fact throughout 3 years of using Prismatic Spray/Ray/etc., I have only ever killed 1 creature via SoD. It was a spider that got turned to stone, which is a total waste since it was so low level compared to me that I could have beaten him into the ground with my bare claws if I had to.

Sometimes, I hate my dice...

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2008, 12:45:36 AM »
I have my list of three build ideas and I refuse to change it, no matter how much the idea of psionics or one of Strat's homebrew classes might tempt me to do otherwise.

Skillmonkey, major int based, ultimately can take 10 on 20+int mod skills with the help of the Belt of Ultimate Athletisicm.  Can go in any group.
Monk gish.  Self-buffing fists of fury.  Avoiding DMM.  Full casting, though Ur-Priest so low CL.  Evil.
Soon to be fallen paladin.  Probably the most flavorful build, especially since the fall must be RP'd, though I've got quite a few levels before Blackguard comes into the picture so there's time.  Can go in any group, with the potential for shenanigans.

I won't be swayed by Venn's ramblings for any longer!
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »
I have my list of three build ideas and I refuse to change it, no matter how much the idea of psionics or one of Strat's homebrew classes might tempt me to do otherwise.

Skillmonkey, major int based, ultimately can take 10 on 20+int mod skills with the help of the Belt of Ultimate Athletisicm.  Can go in any group.
Monk gish.  Self-buffing fists of fury.  Avoiding DMM.  Full casting, though Ur-Priest so low CL.  Evil.
Soon to be fallen paladin.  Probably the most flavorful build, especially since the fall must be RP'd, though I've got quite a few levels before Blackguard comes into the picture so there's time.  Can go in any group, with the potential for shenanigans.

If my ramblings swayed you for any reason, that's your fault. Those ramblings were meant for my benefit! :)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2008, 12:57:12 AM »

If my ramblings swayed you for any reason, that's your fault. Those ramblings were meant for my benefit! :)

I blame you!  :P
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2008, 01:04:51 AM »
I blame you!  :P
Must. Resist. Making. Pokemon. Referrence...!

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
Oooook. I'm not really going to try and respond to everything that got posted over the weekend (which, as you may have noticed, I'm usually not around for).

I'm going to wait a little and let you lot sort out who's in what group before commenting in depth on builds and the like. I've replied to PMs and such from the weekend, and if I missed needed rulings, just trout me with them and I'll respond.

Also, as a warning, I'll be on vacation from the 15th to the 19th of Oct.

To the regional benefits, I'm going to make those up after the builds are chosen, for two reasons: so no one picks a build based on one, and so I don't royally screw anyone either.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
*got some rulings and has to think about things more*
Notes to self

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
One other thing I should probably make clear: I'm not a fan of template stacking for PCs, hence the restrictions in the first post. I'm also thinking of a 1 template per PC rule, as well. Feel free to argue one way or the other.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2008, 04:48:17 PM »
One other thing I should probably make clear: I'm not a fan of template stacking for PCs, hence the restrictions in the first post. I'm also thinking of a 1 template per PC rule, as well. Feel free to argue one way or the other.

I'm all for it, in all but the rarest cases. Too many templates just complicates things and mucks up progression and power at lower levels.

I typically avoid templates altogether, which is why I was interested in giving one a go, though I'd still rather find a way to do what I want without it.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:04 PM »

I'm fine whichever way you want to rule.  The only template I might be tempted to use is necropolitan.
Notes to self

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2008, 05:23:17 PM »
Strato, I was thinking of utilising the Unknown. Basic philosophy (in addition to the ones given above):

- Person dies, body remains, but the spirit is freed to continue on to the next cycle of life and rebirth.
- The body after death is worthless to the people. They revere the spirit.
- So, mindless Undead is accepted as a labour force and as soldiers. Intelligent Undead is accepted for other reasons (repositories of knowledge and wisdom, etc.).
- Their laws are harsh but fair, reflecting the mindset that this life is only a single step, and ending the life of a die-hard violent criminal would mean that he can be reborn in a better form.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »
The Unknown don't actually exist as a civilization as of current. At best, they're a myth or a legend. You'd find them in a really old book, or maybe a stone tablet. Beyond that, there's nothing yet discovered about them. Or, if there is, no one has mentioned it. There's also nothing of the undead in their culture.

What you described is closest to the Marleath, but they are a LE/NE people, and not so honourable or noble in their intentions.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »