Author Topic: Requesting All Homebrew Armor?  (Read 1583 times)

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Requesting All Homebrew Armor?
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:43:11 PM by AnimeSniper »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Requesting All Homebrew Armor?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
Hmm, no energy based armor? Like for example, a thin layer of plasma contained in forcefields to disperse energy/laser attacks and incinerate physical ones. Seems like a better fit for high PL armor than just harder materials, and it's physically possible, just requires some leaps in magnetic containment and portable energy sources
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Requesting All Homebrew Armor?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:44:33 PM »
Hmm, no energy based armor? Like for example, a thin layer of plasma contained in forcefields to disperse energy/laser attacks and incinerate physical ones. Seems like a better fit for high PL armor than just harder materials, and it's physically possible, just requires some leaps in magnetic containment and portable energy sources
On Alternityrpg com site I posted this;Energy Leech Tech: Along the hull of a starship, intricate designs and patterns are inscribed. When hit with energy weaponry the patterns absorb a portion of the hit feeding its to power the ships own systems, i.e. weapons, shields, etcetera. as an extra starship defense system against plasma weaponry.

As for Plasma based armor I have been working on the concept of a thin shield made of Plasma that coats the hull of a starship using small relays when in combat or passing through a heavy asteriod/meteor field!
I am also working on three biological armors which are slowly progressing!

If you have suggestions how to make Plasma Armor than I am willing to consult them!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:47:03 PM by AnimeSniper »