Author Topic: Lineage 2-based PrCs  (Read 38119 times)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Lineage 2-based PrCs
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »
I am a little wary of the Warlord and Sentinel Ranger. Both seem very, very strong. Warlords because they can crush people with two strikes with a single standard action, and SRs because they can fire off literally an ungodly amount of arrows every round. Greater Manyshot at no penalty + Rapidshot at the same time with no penalty??!? WHAT!? That's what 12 arrows fired per round at no penalty to attack, which can all be aimed wherever the archer wants?

About the SR...

I don't really have an idea for a good capstone.... Marksmanship was the capstone but I put it on 5th level... and why 12 attacks? I don't get it...

And the Warlord... meh... you are forgetting about stuff like RKV  :P..... seriously, the idea behind the warlord is "fellow with polearm that attacks many enemies at once with abilities that enhance his attack speed"... so I thought the way it is now is fine.... what are your suggestions, bkdubs?

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 10:57:16 PM »
About the SR...

I don't really have an idea for a good capstone.... Marksmanship was the capstone but I put it on 5th level... and why 12 attacks? I don't get it...

Manyshot allows you to fire 4 arrows with a single attack. Rapid Shot gives you an additional attack. On top of that additional attack you give two extra additional attacks (to a total of 4 attacks), so actually it's 16 arrows per round with no penalty to attack rolls.

And the Warlord... meh... you are forgetting about stuff like RKV  :P..... seriously, the idea behind the warlord is "fellow with polearm that attacks many enemies at once with abilities that enhance his attack speed"... so I thought the way it is now is fine.... what are your suggestions, bkdubs?

Not sure what to suggest. It just seems really nova-y, and that makes me quite wary. I like the area effect thing, I like the healing, I just don't like Strike of Perfect Clarity + Dazing Strike, recover, do it again. I'll look at it again after I've cleared my head.

And about the base classes thing I brought up before... it just seems odd to enter Blade Dancer from a regular old Bard or Rogue, or to enter Tyrant from a regular old Fighter, ya know (but I guess Swordsage would work well)?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
And about the base classes thing I brought up before... it just seems odd to enter Blade Dancer from a regular old Bard or Rogue, or to enter Tyrant from a regular old Fighter, ya know (but I guess Swordsage would work well)?

You REALLY wanna know how one becomes a Blade Dancer and a Sword Singer in the game? By taking levels in the Knight class...

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2008, 11:21:32 PM »
I had always meant to go back and rewrite the Bard as more based on Lore and Legends, but I never did. The idea was always just a bit too obscure for me...

Basically it would have eventually turned into something like a Bard/Mythic Exemplar with some other interesting bits, maybe some Loremaster thrown in, something like that...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
Redone a lot of stuff at the Tyrant...

bayar

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 06:08:06 AM »
I am a little wary of the Warlord and Sentinel Ranger. Both seem very, very strong. Warlords because they can crush people with two strikes with a single standard action, and SRs because they can fire off literally an ungodly amount of arrows every round. Greater Manyshot at no penalty + Rapidshot at the same time with no penalty??!? WHAT!? That's what 12 arrows fired per round at no penalty to attack, which can all be aimed wherever the archer wants?

You obviusly never seen one PK the shit out of everyone.

And would a Silver Ranger be simillar, except with greater movement speed ?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »
You obviusly never seen one PK the shit out of everyone.

I did, yes. Lucky for me she was my friend  ;)

And would a Silver Ranger be simillar, except with greater movement speed ?

That's one problem I have when trying to convert the classes here... they miss the racial abilities (say, elves' entangle, elemental heal and spirit barrier, dark elves' hex, power break, freezing strike and so on....), if I was going to make a PrC separately for each class it would take me forever to do it.... so I grabbed what all the classes share and put itin a single class...

EDIT:

No matter how much I look at the Sentinel Ranger, I can't figure out how you got 12 attacks...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 08:18:47 AM »
Bump...

Fixed wording on some of the Warlord's abilities...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 09:15:13 PM »
:bounce  Bump  :bounce

Decided to take the long route and split the archer PrC into three. Right now only the Phantom Ranger is available. Hawkeye and Silver Ranger coming soon.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 02:45:38 AM »
Bump...

Edited some stuff on Phantom Ranger and posting the Silver Ranger.

Silver Ranger
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

"May my arrows guide you to peace..." - Slinn, elf silver ranger

Silver rangers are (mostly) elven warriors that walk the path of the bow and arrow. They possess various abilities that allow them to navigate the battlefield while avoiding their dangers, and strike their opponents where they less expect.

Becoming a Silver Ranger
Rangers, Rogues and Scouts are more likely to meet the skill requirements. Fighters multiclassed into Ranger, Rogue or Scout are also common.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race: Any except drow or half drow
   Base attack bonus: +6  
   Skills: Concentration 4 ranks, Spot 9 ranks, Tumble 9 ranks  
   Feats: Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus (any bow)  

Class Skills
The silver ranger's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + Int modifier

Hit Dice: d8

BAB   Fort   Ref    Will    Abilities
1.  +1     +0     +2     +0     Bow Mastery +1/+2, Trick Shot
2.  +2     +0     +3     +0     Tricky Step, Trick Shot
3.  +3     +1     +3     +1     Manyshot, Silver Mastery +1/+5
4.  +4     +1     +4     +1     Bow Mastery +2/+4, Trick Shot
5.  +5     +1     +4     +1     Marksmanship, Rapid Fire
6.  +6     +2     +5     +2     Silver Mastery +2/+10, Trick Shot
7.  +7     +2     +5     +2     Bow Mastery +3/+6, Superior Manyshot
8.  +8     +2     +6     +2     Blessing of Sagittarius, Trick Shot
9.  +9     +3     +6     +3     Silver Mastery +3/+15
10. +10    +3     +7     +3     Bow Mastery +4/+8, Evade Shot

Class Features

Bow Mastery (Ex): the silver ranger learns how to better use bows. Starting at 1st level, the Silver ranger gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and +2 bonus to damage rolls with bows. These bonuses increases by +1 and +2 respectively for every 3 levels thereafter (+2/+4 at 4th, +3/+6 at 7th and +4/+8 at 10th).

Trick Shot (Ex or Su): the silver ranger is capable of performing various kinds of attacks against her foes. Starting at 1st level and again at 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th levels, the silver ranger can choose a trick shot from the list below. Trick shots can only be used with a bow. Unless stated otherwise, all trick shots take a standard action to use and affect a single creature. A trick shot's save DC is 10 + 1/2 character's levels + Dexterity modifier, if any. Once a trick shot is used, the silver ranger must wait 1d4 rounds before using the same trick shot again (unless stated otherwise).

Brilliant Shot (Su): this trick shot requires a swift action to activate. All ranged attacks made by the silver ranger until the end of the round are considered to have the brilliant energy weapon enhancement.

Calming Shot (Su): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. The attack deals damage normally, and the creature struck must succeed on a Will saving throw or act as if affected by the calm emotions spell for 1d4 rounds.

Hamstring Shot (Su): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage as normal, and the creature struck must succeed on a Will saving throw or be slowed for 1d4 rounds.

Lethal Shot (Ex): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage normally, plus 1d6+2 points of Constitution damage. A successful Fortitude saving throw halves the Constitution damage. An opponent can't be affected by more than one Lethal Shot used by the same silver ranger. Only sliver rangers of 6th level or higher may choose this trick shot.

Spring Shot (Ex): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage as normal plus 2d6 points of damage, and an additional 2d6 points of damage for every 5 feet the silver ranger moved this round (max 20d6).

Stun Shot (Ex): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage normally and the creature struck must succeed on a Fortitude saving throw or be stunned for 1 round. This trick shot is usable twice per encounter. At 10th level, this is usable 3 times per encounter.

Trip Shot (Ex): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals  damage as normal, and the creature struck must succeed on a Reflex saving throw or fall prone.

Vicious Shot (Ex): this trick shot requires a swift action to activate. Until the end of the round, the silver ranger's bow's threat range is increased by 4, and the critical multiplier is increased by 2. Any other effects (such as Improved Critical feat and the Keen weapon enhancement) affect only the bow's base value.

Tricky Step (Ex): starting at 2nd level, the silver ranger can take a 5 feet step before or after using a trick shot. This 5 feet step does not count against the limit of one per round.

Manyshot: at 3rd level, the silver ranger gains the Manyshot feat, even if she doesn't meet the requisites. If the silver ranger already have this feat, she may choose another feat that she meets its requirements.

Silver Mastery (Ex): starting at 3rd level, the silver ranger gains a +1 bonus to the DC of all of her trick shots, and a +5 bonus to her base move speed. These bonuses increase by 1 and 5 respectively at 6th and again at 9th level.

Rapid Fire (Ex): once per encounter at 5th level, the silver ranger can activate this ability as a swift action. When performing a full attack action, the silver ranger can make an extra attack at her highest bonus, and all attacks made deal an extra 1d6 points of damage. This ability lasts for 1 minute. This ability cannot be used to attack foes that are more than 30 ft away from the silver ranger.

Marksmanship (Ex): at 5th level, the silver ranger's arrows get even more deadly. The silver ranger adds all of her Dexterity modifier on damage rolls with bows.

Superior Manyshot (Ex): starting at 7th level, the silver ranger masters shooting various arrows at the same time. The silver ranger gains the Greater Manyshot feat, and when using Manyshot, the silver ranger takes no penalty to the attack rolls.

Blessing of Sagittarius (Ex): at 8th level, the number of rounds the silver ranger has to wait until a trick shot can be used again is reduced by 1 round (minimum 1).

Evade Shot (Su): at 10th level, the silver ranger learns a special trick shot. Evade Shot follows the same rules as the other trick shots. The silver ranger makes a single ranged attack at her highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage normally, and all attacks, spells, abilities and other effects that are capable of affecting the silver ranger in a harmful way used against her have 50% miss chance for 1d4 rounds. Evade shot is usable once per encounter.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
Bumping with the remaining archer PrC, the Hawkeye.

Hawkeye
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

"Anything that moves is a target to me, unless said otherwise." - Phyress, human hawkeye

Hawkeyes are warriors that follow that path of the bow and arrow. They are specially trained at taking their time to finish any kind of opposition.

Becoming a Hawkeye
Rangers, Rogues and Scouts are more likely to meet the skill requirements. Fighters multiclassed into Ranger, Rogue or Scout are also common.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Skills: Concentration 4 ranks,  Hide 9 ranks, Spot 9 ranks  
   Feats: Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Weapon Focus (any bow)  

Class Skills
The hawkeye's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + Int modifier

BAB   Fort   Ref    Will    Abilities
1.  +1     +0     +2     +0     Bow Mastery +1/+2, Trick Shot
2.  +2     +0     +3     +0     Tricky Step, Trick Shot
3.  +3     +1     +3     +1     Manyshot, Sagittarius Mastery +1
4.  +4     +1     +4     +1     Bow Mastery +2/+4, Trick Shot
5.  +5     +1     +4     +1     Marksmanship, Snipe
6.  +6     +2     +5     +2     Sagittarius Mastery +2, Trick Shot
7.  +7     +2     +5     +2     Bow Mastery +3/+6, Superior Manyshot
8.  +8     +2     +6     +2     Blessing of Sagittarius, Trick Shot
9.  +9     +3     +6     +3     Sagittarius Mastery +3
10. +10    +3     +7     +3     Bow Mastery +4/+8, Double Shot

Class Features

Bow Mastery (Ex): the hawkeye learns how to better use bows. Starting at 1st level, the hawkeye gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls and +2 bonus to damage rolls with bows. These bonuses increases by +1 and +2 respectively for every 3 levels thereafter (+2/+4 at 4th, +3/+6 at 7th and +4/+8 at 10th).

Trick Shot (Ex or Su): the hawkeye is capable of performing various kinds of attacks against her foes. Starting at 1st level and again at 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th levels, the hawkeye can choose a trick shot from the list below. Trick shots can only be used with a bow. Unless stated otherwise, all trick shots take a standard action to use and affect a single creature. A trick shot's save DC is 10 +1/2 character's levels+ Dexterity modifier, if any. Once a trick shot is used, the hawkeye must wait 1d4 rounds before using the same trick shot again (unless stated otherwise).

Brilliant Shot (Su): this trick shot requires a swift action to activate. All ranged attacks made by the hawkeye until the end of the round are considered to have the brilliant energy weapon enhancement.

Burst Shot (Su): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits the attack deals damage normally plus all opponents within 30 ft from the creature struck (including the creature) take an additional 5d6 points of untyped damage, plus 1d6 for every hawkeye level (a Reflex save halves this damage).

Hamstring Shot (Su): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage as normal, and the creature struck must succeed on a Will saving throw or be slowed for 1d4 rounds.

Lethal Shot (Ex): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage normally, plus 1d6+2 points of Constitution damage. A successful Fortitude saving throw halves the Constitution damage. An opponent can't be affected by more than one Lethal Shot used by the same hawkeye. Only a hawkeye of 6th level or higher may choose this trick shot.

Piercing Shot (Ex): this trick shot requires a swift action to activate. All ranged attacks made by the hawkeye until the end of the round ignores any kind of damage reduction.

Power Shot (Ex): this trick shot requires a swift action to activate. All ranged attacks the hawkeye makes until the end of the round deal an additional 2d6 points of damage, plus 1d6 for every 2 hawkeye class levels.

Stun Shot (Ex): make a single ranged attack roll at your highest bonus. If it hits, the attack deals damage normally and the creature struck must succeed on a Fortitude saving throw or be stunned for 1 round. This trick shot is usable twice per encounter. At 10th level, this is usable 3 times per encounter.

Vicious Shot (Ex): this trick shot requires a swift action to activate. Until the end of the round, the hawkeye's bow's threat range is increased by 4, and the critical multiplier is increased by 2. Any other effects (such as Improved Critical feat and the Keen weapon enhancement) affect only the bow's base value.

Tricky Step (Ex): starting at 2nd level, the hawkeye can take a 5 feet step before or after using a trick shot. This 5 feet step does not count against the limit of one per round.

Manyshot: at 3rd level, the hawkeye gains the Manyshot feat, even if she doesn't meet the requisites. If the hawkeye already have this feat, she may choose another feat that she meets its requirements.

Sagittarius Mastery (Ex): starting at 3rd level, the hawkeye gains a +1 bonus to the DC of all of her trick shots, and a +1 bonus on all attack rolls when using a trick shot. These bonuses increases by 1 at 6th and again at 9th level.

Marksmanship (Ex): at 5th level, the hawkeye's arrows get even more deadly. The silver ranger adds all of her Dexterity modifier on damage rolls with bows.

Snipe (Ex): once per encounter at 5th level, the hawkeye can activate this ability as a swift action. The hawkeye gains a +4 bonus on bow attack rolls, all bow attacks deal an additional 2d6 points of damage, or 5d6 points of damage during a critical hit, and her bow's threat range increases by 4 (any other effects such as Improved Critical feat and the Keen weapon enhancement affect only the bow's base value). If the hawkeye moves more than 5 ft during a round while under the effect of this ability, she loses this ability's effect for that round. This ability lasts for 1 minute.

Superior Manyshot (Ex): starting at 7th level, the hawkeye masters shooting various arrows at the same time. The hawkeye gains the Greater Manyshot feat, and when using Manyshot, the hawkeye takes no penalty to the attack rolls.

Eye of Sagittarius (Ex): at 8th level, the hawkeye can ignore all cover (except for total cover) and concealment when using a trick shot. If the creature has total concealment, the hawkeye still has a 20% chance to hit.

Double Shot (Ex): at 10th level, the hawkeye learns a special option to her trick shots. The hawkeye can use any two trick shots in the same round. Each attack roll is made separately, if any. The hawkeye must still wait 1d4 rounds to use any of the two trick shots used this way.

------------------------------------------

Now I would like to hear opinions regarding the power level of the Silver Ranger and the Phantom Ranger and this one....

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:39 PM »
Bump...

Did some minor changes to Hawkeye, Silver Ranger and Blade Dancer.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 12:32:18 PM »
Bump...

Reworded Tyrant's Punch of Doom...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 12:05:01 AM »
Bump...

Reworded Warlord's Iron Storm Ability.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
Finally an update!

Divine Protector

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"I shall stand in your way, filthy creature!" - Gillian, human divine protector

Divine protectors are warriors specialized in close physical combat with amazing defensive and support abilites, many of them powered by sacred energy. Divine protectors excel at fighting against all sorts of evil creatures, as well as undead.

Becoming a Divine Protector
This class favors those that fight with a one handed melee weapon and a shield, since various of the divine protector's abilities require a shield. Most divine protectors multiclassed into the Crusader class or picked the feats Martial Study and Martial Stance to meet the requirements. 

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Alignment: any nonevil
   Feat: Improved Shield Bash   
   Skills: Concentration 2 ranks, Diplomacy 4 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks
   Martial Maneuvers: must know at least one Devoted Spirit maneuver
   Martial Stances: must know at least one Devoted Spirit stance

Class Skills
The divine protector's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + int modifier

Hit Dice: d10

Maneuvers  Maneuvers  Stances
   BAB     Fort   Ref   Will     Known     Readied    Known     Abilities
1. +1      +2     +0     +2        0          0         1       Holy Blade, Shielded Combat Mastery +1
2. +2      +3     +0     +3        1          0         0       Divine Blessing 1/day, Holy Armor
3. +3      +3     +1     +3        0          1         0       Holy Strike 1/encounter, Retributive Protection
4. +4      +4     +1     +4        1          0         0       Shielded Combat Mastery +2, Shield Fortress Stance
5. +5      +4     +1     +4        0          0         0       Angelic Icon, Divine Blessing 2/day
6. +6      +5     +2     +5        1          1         1       Holy Strike 2/encounter
7. +7      +5     +2     +5        0          0         0       Shielded Combat Mastery +3, Tribunal
8. +8      +6     +2     +6        1          0         0       Aegis Fortress Stance, Divine Blessing 3/day
9. +9      +6     +3     +6        0          1         0       Holy Strike 3/encounter
10.+10     +7     +3     +7        1          0         0       Shielded Combat Mastery +4, Touch of Life

Class features

Maneuvers: at every even-numbered level, the divine protector can add a new maneuver to his list of maneuvers  known from the Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind and White Raven disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full divine protector class levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known. At 3rd, 6th and 9th levels, you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Stances known: at 1st and 6th levels, the divine protector can learn a new martial stance from either the Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind and White Raven disciplines. You must meet a stance's prerequisites to learn it.

Shielded Combat Mastery (Ex): starting at 1st level, the divine protector learns how to make the best of his shield when fighting. The divine protector gains +1 bonus to his AC while she has a readied shield, as well as a +1 bonus on all attack rolls (this bonus applies to both shield and weapon attacks). This bonus increases by 1 for every three levels thereafter (+2 at 4th, +3 at 7th and +4 at 10th).

Holy Blade (Ex): starting at 1st level, the divine protector's weapon ignores a number of damage reduction from evil creatures and undead equal to her class level.

Divine Blessing (Su): the divine protector channel sacred energy into her allies, bolstering their resistance to physical harm. As a standard action, all allies within 30 ft from the divine protector (including herself) gains a number of temporary hit points equal to twice her initiator level. This ability is usable once per day at 3nd level, 2 times per day at 5th level and 3 times per day at 8th level.

Holy Armor (Ex):  the divine protector is exceptionally good at protecting herself from evil creatures. Starting at 2nd level, the divine protector gains a +2 sacred bonus to AC and saves against attacks and effects from evil creatures and undead.

Holy Strike (Su): beginning at 3rd level, the divine protector can imbue her weapon with sacred energy, with exceptional effect on the creatures of evil. The divine protector can perform a single melee attack as a standard action, or use a strike maneuver with initiation action of 1 standard action in conjunction with this ability. She deals 3 extra points of damage per divine protector level on this attack. If the creature struck is evil or an undead, the extra damage is doubled. This ability can be used once per encounter at 3rd level, twice per encounter at 6th level, and 3 times per day at 9th level.

Retributive Protection(Su): the divine protector's presence is enough to punish those who would hurt her allies. Starting at 3rd level, any foe who successfully strikes any of the divine protector's allies within 30 ft from herself takes damage equal to the divine protector class levels.

Shield Fortress stance (Ex): at 4th level, the divine protector learns how to change her current stance to the Shield Fortress stance. While you are in a stance from any discipline you know, you may forgo its normal benefit as a swift action to gain the effect of the Shield Fortress stance. You can mantain this ability active a number of rounds equal to 1+ you Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). You can stop using the Shield Fortress stance and return to the stance's normal benefits as a swift action. You must wait 1d4 rounds until you can activate this ability again.
While you use this ability, your shield's AC applies to your touch AC and you gain damage reduction equal to 5+ your shield's total AC (including any enhancement bonus it may have) + your Constitution modifier. This damage reduction cannot be overcome by any type of damage. If you have other kinds of damage reduction, apply only the highest value (they don't stack).

Angelic Icon (Su): beginning at 5th level, once per day as a free action, the divine protector gains a +4 sacred bonus on attack and damage rolls, and the divine protector may make an extra attack at his highest bonus whenever making a full attack. However, the divine protector only recover half the hit points from any healing effect. The bonuses increases by 2 at 7th and again at 9th level. This ability lasts for 1 minute.

Tribunal (Su): starting at 7th level, the divine protector can influence his enemies, weakening their combat abilites. Starting at 7th level, twice per day, as a standard action, all enemies within a 20 ft radius at a range of 60 feet take a -6 penalty to attack and damage rolls when attacking any target except the divine protector. Additionally, the affected creatures must succeed on a Will saving throw (DC 10+divine protector levels+ Charisma modifier) or automatically fail on any critical hit confirmation. Both effects lasts for 1 minute.

Aegis Fortress Stance (Su): at 8th level, the divine protector learns a new way to empower her stances so she can avoid most offensive spells. While you are in a stance from any discipline you know, you may forgo its normal benefit as a swift action to gain the effect of the Aegis Fortress Stance. This abilty lasts for as long as you would maintain a stance, or as described below. You can stop using the Aegis Fortress stance and return to the stance's normal benefits as a swift action.
While you use this ability, you gain spell resistance equal to 11 + 2 times your divine protector level. Additionally, whenever a spell fail to overcome your spell resistance, you can recover a single maneuver already used during this encounter (or gain a new granted maneuver if you are a Crusader).

Touch of Life (Su): as a standard action once per encounter, the divine protector can use this ability to heal 100 hit points and grant fast healing 10 for 5 rounds to one ally within 30 ft, and remove any conditions, as a greater restoration spell.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14:41 AM »
Destroyer

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"Not even the sturdiest armor will be enough to resist my blade! - Shagrat, orc destroyer

Destroyers are warriors that rely in the power of the anger and pain to overwhelm their opponents. Any creature foolish enough to stand in the destroyer's way while he's raging will meet utter destruction.

Becoming a Destroyer
Anyone who wishes to become a destroyer must have enough levels in barbarian to gain the required uses of rage per day, or took a single level in barbarian coupled with the Extra Rage feat to meet the requirements. Some also take Fighter levels to take the feats needed to meet the requirements.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Skills: Intimidate 9 ranks 
   Feats: Power Attack, Weapon Focus (any two-handed melee weapon)
   Special: must be able to rage at least 2 times per day

Class Skills
The destroyer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str).
Skills Points at Each  Level : 4 + Int mod

Hit Dice: d12

BAB     Fort   Ref    Will     Abilities
1. +1      +2     +0     +0       Crush of Doom 1/day, Two-Handed Weapon Mastery +1
2. +2      +3     +0     +0       Battle Frenzy 1/day, Rage 1/day
3. +3      +3     +1     +1       Guts 1/day, Lionheart
4. +4      +4     +1     +1       Two-Handed Weapon Mastery +2
5. +5      +4     +1     +1       Crush of Doom 2/day, Greater Rage
6. +6      +5     +2     +2       Battle Frenzy 2/day
7. +7      +5     +2     +2       Rage 2/day, Two-Handed Weapon Mastery +3
8. +8      +6     +2     +2       Guts 2/day
9. +9      +6     +3     +3       Crush of Doom 3/day
10.+10     +7     +3     +3       Two-Handed Weapon Mastery +4, Zealot

Class Features

Crush of Doom (Ex): at 1st level, the destroyer can make a devastating blow with his weapon against his opponents. The destroyer makes a single melee attack with a +4 bonus to the attack roll as a standard action. If it hits, this attack deals additional damage equal to 10 + five times the destroyer class levels, and the destroyer takes damage equal to twice the destroyer class levels. This ability can be used once per day at 1st level, twice per day at 5th level, and 3 times per day at 9th level.

Two-Handed Weapon Mastery (Ex): starting at 1st level, the destroyer gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls when wielding a two-handed melee weapon. This bonus increases by 1 for every 3 levels thereafter (+2 at 4th, +3 at 7th and +4 at 10th).

Battle Frenzy (Ex): beginning at 2nd level, the destroyer learns how to channel her pain into a mad frenzy, making each of her attacks even more deadly. When the destroyer is at half his max hit points or less, the destroyer can use this ability as a swift action to make all attacks the destroyer performs deal triple damage on a succesful hit (so an attack that deals 2d6+9 points of damage will deal 6d6+27 points of damage instead) for 5 rounds. Any other sources of bonus damage (such as the Power Attack feat, or Crush of Doom's bonus damage) are not affected by this ability. At 5th level, the attacks made while under the effect of this ability deals quadruple damage instead. This ability can be used once per day at 2nd level and twice per day at 7th level.

Rage (Ex): at 2nd level and again at 7th level the destroyer gain another use of rage for the day.

Guts (Ex): at 3rd level, the destroyer learns how to convert her wounds into protection against incoming physical damage. When the destroyer is at half his max hit points or less, the destroyer can use this ability as a swift action to gain DR 20/- for 5 rounds. At 6th level, the damage reduction increases to DR 30/-. This ability can be used once per day at 3rd level and twice per day at 8th level.

Lionheart (Ex): starting at 3rd level, the destroyer becomes more resistant to some conditions. The destroyer gains a bonus on saves equal to half her class levels (rounded down) against enchantments and mind-affecting effects as well as the following conditions: blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, paralyzed, and stunned.

Greater Rage (Ex):Zealot (Ex): the destroyer's anger will keep her fighting even when she is nearing death. At 10th level, once per day, when the destroyer is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer, this ability can be used as an immediate action to put the destroyer conscious and at half her max hit points instead. Additionally,the destroyer gains a +8 bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution, as well as +4 bonus on Will saves for 5 rounds. Finally, the destroyer can make an extra attack at her highest bonus when making a full attack.

---------------------------------------------
Comments?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
*casts Greater Animate Thread*

After more than one year later, I decided to continue this.

Starting by splitting the Elte executioner into three classes - Treasure Hunter, Plains Walker and the Abyss Walker.

Abyss Walker

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"...Get ready to die. - Circe, drow abyss walker

Abyss Walkers are highly trained assassins that rely on skill and speed to eliminate its targets. Wielding lethal blades, they are to be feared.

Becoming an Abyss Walker
Rogues are the most common entry, due to the requirements. Factotums that seek killing abilities also are known to enter this class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race: any except elf
   Base attack bonus: +4  
   Skills: Bluff 4 ranks, Hide 9 ranks, Move Silently 9 ranks, Tumble 4 ranks    
   Feats: Darkstalker (Lords of Madness pg 179), Dodge
   Special: +3d6 Sneak Attack

BAB   Fort    Ref    Will   Abilities
1.  +1     +0     +2     +0     Dagger Mastery +1, Dagger Trick, Poison Manipulator
2.  +2     +0     +3     +0     Dagger Trick, Sneak Attack +1d6
3.  +3     +1     +3     +1     Piercing Strike, Shadow Veil
4.  +4     +1     +4     +1     Dagger Trick, Sneak Attack +2d6
5.  +5     +1     +4     +1     Dagger Mastery +2, Hide in Plain Sight
6.  +6     +2     +5     +2     Dagger Trick, Sneak Attack +3d6
7.  +7     +2     +5     +2     Evade Shackle
8.  +8     +2     +6     +2     Dagger Trick, Sneak Attack +4d6
9.  +9     +3     +6     +3     Dagger Mastery +3
10. +10    +3     +7     +3     Assassin's Riposte, Sneak Attack +5d6

Class Skills
The abyss walker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + Int mod

Class Features

Dagger Mastery (Ex): an abyss walker prefers fast and light weapons for combat, and specializes in them. Beginning at 1st level, the abyss walker gains +1 bonus to all attack and damage rolls made with a dagger, kukri, rapier, shortsword, punching dagger or equivalent weapons (such as Boot BladeCS or Elven LightbladeRotW). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th and 9th levels.

Dagger Trick (Ex or Su): the abyss walker is capable of performing various kinds of attacks against her foes. Starting at 1st level and again at 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th levels, the abyss walker can choose a Dagger Trick from the list below. Dagger Tricks can only be used with a dagger, kukri, rapier, shortsword, punching dagger or equivalent weapons (such as Boot BladeCS or Elven LightbladeRotW). Unless stated otherwise, all dagger tricks take a standard action to use and affect a single creature. A dagger trick's save DC is 10 +1/2 character's levels+ Dexterity modifier, if any. All dagger tricks are considered to be precision attacks, except those that do not affect a creature other than the abyss walker directly (such as Swift Strike). Once a dagger trick is used, the abyss walker must wait 1d4 rounds before using the same dagger trick again (unless stated otherwise).

Bleeding Blow (Ex): make a single melee attack at your highest bonus. If it hits, this attack deals normal damage plus half the abyss walker's total sneak attack dice, and at the start of each of its turns, the opponent struck takes damage equal to twice the abyss walker's base number of sneak attack dice (if the abyss walker has a +7d6 base sneak attack, the opponent will take 14 points of damage each round). A successful Fortitude save negates the damage for that round. Further uses of this ability doesn't stack. This effect lasts for 1d4 rounds.

Critical Strike (Ex): this dagger trick requires a swift action to activate. Until the end of the next round, any critical attack the abyss walker makes also deals additional damage equal to half her sneak attack's dice.

Dagger Feint (Ex): this dagger trick requires a swift action to activate. Make a Bluff check against your opponent's Sense Motive check. For this Bluff check, you may use either your Dexterity or Charisma modifier, whichever is greater. If you win the opposed check, the opponent is flat-footed until the end of the round.

Deadly Blow (Ex): make a single melee attack with -4 penalty to the attack roll. For this attack, your weapon's total threat range is increased by 2 (this effect stacks with other similar effects, such as Improved Critical feat). Additionally, if you hit, you deal twice your sneak attack damage in addition to your weapon's damage. If your attack is a critical hit, the sneak attack dice are maximized (+8d6 sneak attack would deal 48 points of damage).  

Disrupting Blow (Ex): make a single melee attack at your highest bonus. If it hits, this attack deals normal damage plus half the abyss walker's total sneak attack dice, and the target takes a -2 penalty to AC and attack rolls. This penalty increases by 1 every 2 abyss walker levels. This penalty lasts for 1d4 rounds.

Flying Dagger (Ex): this dagger trick this dagger trick requires a swift action to activate. Until the end of the round, the daggers thrown by the abyss walker gain a range increment of 30 ft, and she can apply sneak attack damage on her attacks to enemies within 60 ft.

Lethal Blow (Ex): make a single melee attack at your highest bonus. If it hits, this attack deals normal damage plus Constitution damage equal to the abyss walker's base number of sneak attack dice (if the abyss walker has a +7d6 sneak attack, the opponent will take 7 points of Constitution damage). A successful Fortitude save halves the Constitution damage. Only an abyss walker of 6th level or higher may choose this dagger trick.

Numbing Blow (Ex): make a single melee attack at your highest bonus. If it hits, this attack deals normal damage plus the abyss walker's total sneak attack dice, and the target takes a penalty to Dexterity equal to abyss walker's base number of sneak attack dice (if the abyss walker has a +7d6 base sneak attack, the penalty to Dexterity will be 7). This penalty increases by one for every 2 abyss walker levels. A successful Fortitude save halves the penalty. This penalty lasts for 1d4 rounds.

Mortal Strike (Ex): this dagger trick this dagger trick requires a swift action to activate. Until the end of the round, all the sneak attacks made by the abyss walker deals additional 3d6 points of damage. This bonus increases by 1d6 for every 5 abyss walker levels. Only abyss walkers of 4th level or higher may choose this dagger trick.

Swift Strike (Su): this dagger trick requires a swift action to activate. Until the end of the next round, the abyss walker is considered to be under the effect of greater invisibility and haste spells. Only abyss walkers of 4th level or higher may choose this dagger trick.

Weakening Blow (Ex): make a single melee attack at your highest bonus. If it hits, this attack deals normal damage ples the abyss walker's total sneak attack dice, and the target takes a penalty to Strength equal to abyss walker's base number of sneak attack dice (if the abyss walker has a +7d6 base sneak attack, the penalty to Strength will be 7). This penalty increases by one for every 2 abyss walker levels. A successful Fortitude save halves the penalty. This penalty lasts for 1d4 rounds.

Poison Manipulator (Ex): abyss walkers are trained in the use of poison and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves when applying poison to a blade. Aditionally, the DC of all poisons used by the abyss walker increase by 1 at 5th and again at 9th level.

Sneak Attack (Ex): same as rogue (PHB)

Piercing Strike (Ex): the abyss walker's attacks can affect creatures that doesn't possess any weak points. Beginning at 3rd level, the abyss walker deals her full sneak attack dice against creatures immune to it (such as undeads), as well as critical hits.

Shadow Veil (Su): at 2nd level, the abyss walker can use the shadows in the environment to protect herself. This ability works like the Shadow Blend ability from the Shadow Creature (Lords of Madness pg 167), except that it must be activated as a swift action once per encounter, and whenever someone misses the abyss walker due to this miss chance, that opponent is flat-footed against the abyss walker's next attack. This ability lasts for 5 rounds.

Hide in Plain Sight (Ex): as the ability granted by the dark template (Tome of Magic pg 158).

Improved Critical (Ex): at 5th level, the abyss walker gains the Improved Critical feat for one of the following weapons, even if she does not meet the prerequisites: dagger, kukri, rapier, shortsword, punching dagger or equivalent weapons (such as Boot BladeCS or Elven LightbladeRotW). If she already possess the Improved Critical feat, her threat range with the weapon she has Improved Critical increases by 2.

Evade Shackle (Su): at 7th level, an abyss walker can use an immediate action to move and attack normally for 1 round, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement (exactly as a Freedom of Movement spell), except that this effect can be used for a number of rounds equal to half her class level per day.

Assassin's Riposte (Ex): the abyss walker learns how to make good use of her enemies' openings. Whenever the abyss walker can make an attack of opportunity, she may choose to use a dagger trick at -4 penalty against her target instead.

-------------------------------------------------------
This is supposed to be a shadow based assassin of the 3....

Thoughts? I feel like some refining is required....

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 09:53:55 PM »
Did some editing on Hawkeye, Phantom Ranger and Silver Ranger's Lethal Shot, as well as swapping Warlord's Fierce Assault with a new ability...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
Bump...

Fixed some minor mistakes on the Phantom Ranger, and edited the Abyss Walker quite a bit...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 12:43:10 PM »
After some playtest, nerfed the Dark Avenger's dark panther slightly, and swapped some of the dark avenger effects relying on dark avenger levels to initiator levels....