Author Topic: Lineage 2-based PrCs  (Read 38171 times)

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
Re: Lineage 2-based PrCs
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 03:08:57 PM »
Dash reads as if it only works once, but then mentions a duration.

The class probably needs a new name, since it combines two existing class names that are in the PHB and the DMG, and are often linked together.

I would say the class feels like it is too focused on sneak attacking, and doesn't have enough variation in class abilities. For the number of class features that it gets, I would think that it is possible to cram the class down to a 5 or 6 level class without losing anything. It just needs more.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 03:21:17 PM »
Sentinel Ranger:

Almost at will death effects are not necessarily a good thing. Also, why would you ever choose something like Enfeebling or Hamstring shot when, if they failed that same saving throw, they would be dead with Lethal shot? The same can be said for Stunning Shot. At will SoD is a bad idea.

Power Shot does not add enough damage.

Vicious Shot: How does this work with Keen/Imp Crit, etc?

Weakening Shot: I like this one.

Superior Manyshot: Why not just give Greater Manyshot here as well?

Multiple Trick Shot + Stunning or Lethal Shot = Insane. 5-6 attempts at a SoD a round?

Marksmanship: Move this down to where you get Precise Aim, move Precise Aim to level 2-3, and add a new capstone I think.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »
Dash reads as if it only works once, but then mentions a duration.

Hm.... have to think on a better wording...

The class probably needs a new name, since it combines two existing class names that are in the PHB and the DMG, and are often linked together.

Well.... the problem here is that there are 3 classes ingame with those abilities: Treasure Hunters (humans only), Plains Walkers (elves only) and Abyss Walkers (dark elves only). Neither of these names are nice enough I guess, that's why I tried that...

I would say the class feels like it is too focused on sneak attacking, and doesn't have enough variation in class abilities. For the number of class features that it gets, I would think that it is possible to cram the class down to a 5 or 6 level class without losing anything. It just needs more.

The problem is that those classes' abilities focus on a single, terribly powerful (bordering overpowered) attack against an opponent. I thought that making a class hitting for 3x~8x sneak attack dice on a single attack would be too much.... the other abilities the classes possess are race-exclusive...

Almost at will death effects are not necessarily a good thing. Also, why would you ever choose something like Enfeebling or Hamstring shot when, if they failed that same saving throw, they would be dead with Lethal shot? The same can be said for Stunning Shot. At will SoD is a bad idea.

Maybe limiting to uses/encounter (at least the SoDs)?

Power Shot does not add enough damage.

Maybe 2d6+ 2d6 per 2 sentinel ranger levels?

Vicious Shot: How does this work with Keen/Imp Crit, etc?

Meh.... didn't thought about that. Gonna work it out...

Superior Manyshot: Why not just give Greater Manyshot here as well?

Hmmm....

Multiple Trick Shot + Stunning or Lethal Shot = Insane. 5-6 attempts at a SoD a round?

If I cap Lethal Shot and Stunning Shot to uses/encounter, it would be less broken?

Marksmanship: Move this down to where you get Precise Aim, move Precise Aim to level 2-3, and add a new capstone I think.

Ouch, I don't know what to use as capstone.... lemme think a bit....

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »
Elemental Mage:

Chosen Element: Be wary of things like Snowcasting.

Elemental Mastery: Probably needs to be a greater bonus to make DD spells effective.

Element Power: Nice, but often means you run into the spell cap. You might want to consider uncapping spells affected by this.

Surrender To Element: "So hot I burn Fire Elementals" always struck me as a little silly. I'd probably tweak this ability a bit.

Element Focus: Decent.

Protection From Element: A bit low on the energy resist at first, but acceptable.

Blessing of the Element: Doesn't this stack quite badly with Protection from Element? Does the damage bonus apply to spells?

Share Protection: You can probably make this an always on without it being a problem.

Infuse Element: Useful, but not outstandingly so.

Improved Metamagic: A wonderful way to get broken metamagic applications, especially as it makes all 1 cost metamagic free.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 04:32:30 PM »
Sentinel Ranger edited...

Chosen Element: Be wary of things like Snowcasting.

Well... I don't quite get what you said there. Snowcasting can make this broken, right?

Elemental Mastery: Probably needs to be a greater bonus to make DD spells effective.

+1 per die at 1,4,7,10 was my original idea, but I ditched it... thinking it was too overpowered...

Element Power: Nice, but often means you run into the spell cap. You might want to consider uncapping spells affected by this.

Nice idea.... I'll get this added...

Surrender To Element: "So hot I burn Fire Elementals" always struck me as a little silly. I'd probably tweak this ability a bit.

Imposing something like "except elementals" would fit the bill?

Blessing of the Element: Doesn't this stack quite badly with Protection from Element? Does the damage bonus apply to spells?

It was supposed to be activated only with buffs...

Improved Metamagic: A wonderful way to get broken metamagic applications, especially as it makes all 1 cost metamagic free.

Is this a good or bad thing?

What's your suggestion to fix this mess?

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »
Snowcasting is a feat that allows the Cold descriptor to be added to every spell cast. This allows all kinds of things to get into the PrC that normally would not. It's just the most prominent way of adding descriptors to things.

Surrender to Element: I might try something like "This does not affect creatures with a subtype that matches the spell's elemental descriptor."

Improved Metamagic: Bump the minimum from +0 to +1. Allow energy substitution to the chosen element as a free action on any spell that adds that descriptor?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 05:08:56 PM »
Snowcasting is a feat that allows the Cold descriptor to be added to every spell cast. This allows all kinds of things to get into the PrC that normally would not. It's just the most prominent way of adding descriptors to things.

Surrender to Element: I might try something like "This does not affect creatures with a subtype that matches the spell's elemental descriptor."

Improved Metamagic: Bump the minimum from +0 to +1.

I knew about the Snowcasting, but didn't worry too much about it...

Allow energy substitution to the chosen element as a free action on any spell that adds that descriptor?

Do I put this on Infuse Element?

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
Edited Element mage and Sentinel Ranger....

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 04:26:19 PM »
Changed the Rogue Assassin to Elite Executioner and added some more abilities...

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
Executioner, Take #2:

Finesse: You might want to consider a damage bonus, given you can't PA with a light weapon.

Sand Bomb: You probably want to reword it slightly. As written, it actually goes from 30%-70%.

Wounding Blow: Interesting, might lead to some tracking issues in a game.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 01:53:40 PM »
Updated Elite Executioner...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 06:15:28 PM »
Big update after a while.... TWO PrCs!!!

Sword Singer
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"This scenery.... so beautiful.... just like the songs of old times... - Millidia, elf sword singer

Just like bards, where they use music to invoke magical effects, sword singers are warriors that use songs to bestow various benefits upon her allies, including recovering and protective effects.

Becoming a Swordsinger
Bards are the most common to seek the path of the sword singer, due to their similar abilities. Rogues and Marshalls that like some kind of art are also known for entering the class. Fighters aspiring for leadership abilities multiclass with other classes to meet the requirements.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race: any except Drow
   Alignment: any nonevil
   Base attack bonus: +4 
   Skills: Concentration 9 ranks, Diplomacy 4 ranks, Perform (sing) 4 ranks 

Class Skills
The sword singer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis),  Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + Int modifier

Hit Dice: d8

BAB   Fort    Ref    Will   Abilities
1.  +0     +0     +2     +2     Flourishing Weapon Style, Song
2.  +1     +0     +3     +3     Charming Presence, Song
3.  +2     +1     +3     +3     Disrupting Symphony 1/encounter, Focus Mind
4.  +3     +1     +4     +4     Double Song, Song
5.  +3     +1     +4     +4     Weakness Symphony 1/encounter
6.  +4     +2     +5     +5     Song, Spirit Barrier
7.  +5     +2     +5     +5     Swift Song, Triple Song
8.  +6     +2     +6     +6     Disrupting Symphony 2/encounter, Song
9.  +6     +3     +6     +6     Weakness Symphony 2/encounter
10. +7     +3     +7     +7     Singing Mastery, Song

Class Features

Flourishing Weapon Style(Ex): the sword singer wields her weapon with charm and grace. At 1st level, the sword singer can use her Charisma modifier (if positive) instead of her Strength (if using a melee weapon) or Dexterity (if using a ranged weapon) on all attack rolls. At 6th level, the sword singer adds her Charisma modifier (if positive) to all weapon damage rolls.

Songs (Su): the sword singer is capable of using mystic songs to aid her allies in battle. At 1st, 2nd, and every even level thereafter the sword singer learns a new song from the list below to use in battle. Using a song takes a move action. The sword singer can maintain concentration on the song (just like a wizard mantains concentration on a spell). Once the sword singer stops concentrating, a song's effects lasts for 2 rounds. All allies within 30 ft from the sword singer (including herself) that can hear her are affected by the song. Leaving a song's area of effect doesn't end its effects (in fact, once an ally is affected, he or she doesn't need to stay in the area of effect to gain the full benefits of the song). Unless stated otherwise, the bonuses granted by these songs stack with any similar effects.

Song of the Champion: this song tells the story of a legendary hero that have never lost a battle. All allies affected by this song gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls, AC and saves. The bonuses increases by 1 for every 5 levels. Only a sword singer of 4th level or higher may choose this song.

Song of Earth: this song is about the neverchanging nature of the Earth. All allies affected by this song gains DR 4/-. The damage reduction increases by 3 for every 5 sword singer levels. Only a sword singer of 4th level or higher may choose this song.

Song of the Elemental Protection: this songs tells the tale of the creation of the fire, water, air and earth. When using this song the sword singer chooses one of the following descriptors: acid, cold, eletricity, fire, sonic. All allies affected by this song gains energy resistance 5 against the descriptor chosen by the sword singer. This resistance increases by 5 for every 5 sword singer levels.

Song of the Expert: this song depicts the feats of a jack-of-all trades. All allies affeced by this song gain a +3 bonus to all skill checks. This bonus increases by 3 for every 5 sword singer levels.

Song of Fire: this song ignites the burning passion of the Fire within the hearts and minds of the listeners. All allies affected by this song gain +2 bonus to saving throws against mind-affecting effects. This bonus increases by 2 for every 5 sword singer levels.

Song of the Hunter: this song tells a tale of a hunter famous for killing any prey with a single blow. All allies wielding weapons affected by this song gains a +1 bonus to their weapon's total threat range. This bonus increases by 1 for every 5 sword singer levels. Only a sword singer of 4th level or higher may choose this song.

Song of the Life: this song depicts the grandeur of Life. All allies affected by this song gains fast healing 3. The fast healing increases by 3 for every 5 sword singer levels.

Song of Vitality: this song tells the story of a immortal hero. All allies affected by this song gains 15 temporary hit points. This bonus increases by 10 for every 5 swordsinger levels. Only a swordsinger of 4th level or higher may choose this song.

Song of Water: this song tells the story of a lake that were always enveloped in fog. everyone affected by this song gains 10% miss chance against all kinds of attacks (including spells). This bonus increases by 10% for every 5 sword singer levels. Only a sword singer of 4th level or higher may choose this song.

Song of Wind: the fierce Wind is mentioned in this song. All allies affected by this song gains +1 bonus to initiative and +5 bonus to all modes of movement. The initiative bonus increases by 1 and the movement increases by 5 for every 5 sword singer levels.

Charming Presence (Su): when the sword singer is singing, even the enemies stop to admire such beauty. Beginning at 2nd level, whenever an opponent within 30 ft of the sword singer successfully attacks her, that opponent must make a Will saving throw (DC 10 + sword singer levels + her Charisma modifier) or becomes fascinated for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Disrupting Symphony (Sp): the sword singer also knows how to use her voice to debilitate her enemies. Starting at 3rd level, the sword singer can use this ability as a standard action (even if she is currently concentrating on another song). All enemies within 30 ft of the sword singer must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10+ sword singer levels + Charisma modifier) or be slowed for 5 rounds. This ability is usable once per encounter at 3rd, and the sword singer gains one more use at 8th level.

Focus Mind (Ex): the sword singer trains to be able to act while singing. Starting at 3rd level, the sword singer can mantain concentration on her songs as a swift action each round.

Double Song (Ex): as the sword singer progresses in her craft, she learns how to chain various songs to create a greater effect. Starting at 4th level, the sword singer can use 2 different songs with a single move action, and can concentrate on both of them as if they were a single song.

Weakness Symphony (Sp): the sword singer sings about lack of confidence and fear, creating an effect that weakens those who hear it. Beginning at 5th level, the sword singer can use this ability as a standard action (even if she is currently concentrating on another song). All enemies within 60 ft of the sword singer must make a Will saving throw (DC 10+ sword singer levels + Charisma modifier) or take a -2d6 penalty to Strength for 5 rounds. This ability is usable once per encounter at 5th level, and the sword singer gains one more use at 9th level.

Spirit Barrier (Ex): the sword singer envelops herself in a protective shield. Starting at 6th level, the sword singer gains spell resistance equal to 10 + 2 times her class levels.

Swift Song (Ex): the sword singer can use her songs in battle faster. Starting at 7th level, if the sword singer wants, she may use a song as a swift action instead of a move action.

Triple Song (Ex): the sword singer can chain even more songs, creating truly beautiful and powerful effects. Starting at 7th level, the sword singer can use up to 3 different songs with a single move action, and can concentrate on them all as if they were a single song.

Singing Mastery (Ex): at 10th level, the sword singer reaches the pinnacle of her singing abilities. The sword singer can use up to 4 songs at a time using the same action, and can mantain concentration on them as if they were a single song. All songs' duration after the sword singer stops concentrating becomes 3 rounds. The sword singer's levels are 5 higher when determining a song's effects. Finally, Disrupting Symphony and Weakness Symphony's DCs increase by 3.

Fluffy Stuff

[spoiler]
Playing a Sword Singer
Sword singers' fighting style varies according to the weapon they are wielding (unlike what the prestige class name suggests, sword singers don't always use swords or blades to fight). Quite often sword singers pick some kind of ranged weapon so they can keep their distance from the heat of battle while providing support with their songs. 
Even though the sword singer's main function is to provide support, she also has to struggle to survive on the battlefield so her allies win the battle.

Combat: sword singers commonly open combat with a powerful song (such as Song of Vitality or Song of the Champion), then start moving on the battlefield for a better position, or even joining the battlefront. Sword singers also uses her Disrupting and Weakness Symphony in order to win the battle.

Advancement: sword singers often choose feats like Improved Trip and Improved Disarm to have some combat options aside from going to full offense. Those who do choose to go full offense often pick the Two Weapon Fighting line of feats. Sword singers that favor ranged combat often pick Manyshot, Point Blank shot and Precise Shot. Sword singers also have to choose which songs to pick: Song of the Champion and Song of the Hunter if going for an offensive approach; and Song of Life and Song of Vitality (and many others) if going for a defensive approach. When multiclassing, ssword singers choose classes that enhance even more what they're trying to accomplish.

Resources: swordsingers are by themselves, so any kind of necessity they might have, the sword singers themselves should go and acquire what's needed.

Sword Singers in the world
"Even though this melody has a sad tone to it, I feel like giving free booze for everyone...." - Din, barkeeper

The craft of the sword singers started with the elves. Since they love various kinds of art, some elves tried blending their passion for such with fighting. There is another history, where the elves created the swordsinger in order to rival the drow elves' Blade Dancer, a warrior that uses dances of great power in battle, that grants benefits to allies and cripples enemies.
After some time, the elves ended up sharing the path of the sword singer with other races. Now it's possible to see halflings, humans and even soft hearted half-orcs wielding the power of the sword singer. Except the drow, that claims their blade dancer is more powerful than the sword singer.

For most of the time, sword singers are seen as heroes, users of ancient powers that bring justice with their songs.

Elves in general that see members of other races as sword singers either feel good (another race using their knowledge proves that their power is superior). There are a few that don't approve it, and end up acting indifferent.

Drow tend to say things like "inferior powers" or "this is a result of jealousy", since they have the Blade Dancer, that in their view is superior in every way.

Daily Life: most swordsingers are travelling adventurers, but there are some who choose to live in a single place. Either way, when the sword singer is not adventuring, she might be doing some work for in town, or even doing what they do best: singing, be it in a tavern or in a crowded street.
Notables: It is said the first sword singers achieved power beyond expectations. These very few masters called themselves Sword Muses, and their songs held the power to make the earth tremble, the sky split, and even mighty dragons would cower in presence of a Sword Muse's powerful voice. But then, time passed and the knowledge was lost. But there are rumors that few Sword Muses are roaming the world without identifying themselves...
Organizations: sword singers tend to not bind themselves to any organization, prefering a life where they are free to go where they any time. There are very few sword singers who join the military and quickly achieve leading positions, due to their abilities.

NPC Reaction

Most of the time sword singers are mistaken for bards, due to their similar abilities (some of them started their career as bards, though). As such, people who hear sword singer singing simply love it, no matter where it is. It seems quite impossible for a sword singer to be hated by someone (except for those who actually don't like music).

Sword Singers in the game
Sword singers are meant to be in the support role. As such, they tend to lessen the burden of the wizard and cleric (since they can take a support role if needed), or even give the party even more firepower, while still having some fighting capabilities.

Adaptation: sword singers might be bards that use different sources to power their songs, or bards that learned of new ways to improve their music, or Marshalls that inspire their allies through singing.
[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 06:17:44 PM »
Blade Dancer
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]   
"Now you know this dance is for more than merely showing off my beauty..." - Mystina, drow blade dancer

Just like the bard and sword singer, that use songs to grant benefits to allies and hinder opponents, Blade Dancers are warriors who use dances that can grant benefits to allies and cripple opponents in a similar way.

Becoming a Blade Dancer
Those who seek the path of the blade dancer multiclass into bard or rogue to meet the skill requisites. Any classes that fight well with two weapons are likely to enter the class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
   Race: any except Elf
   Base attack bonus: +4 
   Skills: Concentration 9 ranks, Perform (dance) 4 ranks
   Feats: Two Weapon Fighting

Class Skills
The blade dancer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis),  Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)
Skills Points at Each  Level : 6 + Int modifier

Hit Dice: d8

BAB   Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
1.  +0     +0     +2     +2    Dance, Dancing Blades Style
2.  +1     +0     +3     +3    Dance, Startling Presence
3.  +2     +1     +3     +3    Poisonous Blade Dance 1/encounter, Natural Rhythm
4.  +3     +1     +4     +4    Dance, Dual Dance
5.  +3     +1     +4     +4    Demonic Blade Dance 1/encounter
6.  +4     +2     +5     +5    Deceptive Movements, Dance
7.  +5     +2     +5     +5    Swift Dance, Triple Dance
8.  +6     +2     +6     +6    Dance, Poisonous Blade Dance 2/encounter
9.  +6     +3     +6     +6    Demonic Blade Dance 2/encounter
10. +7     +3     +7     +7    Dance, Dancing Mastery

Class Features

Dances (Su): the blade dancer is able to use dances to empower her allies' power in battle. At 1st, 2nd and each even level thereafter the blade dancer learns a new dance from the list below to use in battle. Using a dance takes a move action. The blade dancer must have a weapon in each hand to be able to use a dance. The blade dancer can mantain concentration on a dance (just like a wizard mantains concentration on a spell). Once a blade dancer stops concentrating on a dance, that dance's effects lasts for 2 rounds. All allies within 30 ft from the blade dancer (including herself) that can see her are affected by the dance. Leaving a dance's area of effect doesn't end its effects (in fact, once an ally is affected, he or she doesn't need to stay in the area of effect to gain the full benefits of the dance). Unless stated otherwise, the bonuses granted by these dances stack with any similar effects.

Dance of Concentration: while watching this dance, spellcasters seems to feel their mind clear, allowing to focus on the spell they cast. All allies that can cast spells or spell-like abilities affected by this dance  add 1 to the save DC of all spells they cast or spell-like abilities they use. This bonus increases by 1 for evey 5 blade dancer levels. Only a blade dancer of 4th level or higher may choose this dance.

Dance of Elemental Power: those who see this dance's movements can feel the power of the nature. When using this dance the blade dancer chooses one of the following descriptors: acid, cold, eletricity, fire, sonic. All attacks made by the affected allies deal an additional 1d8 points of damage from the chosen descriptor. This bonus to damage increases by 1d8 for every 5 blade dancer levels. Only a blade dancer of 4th level or higher may choose this dance.

Dance of Fury: the movements in this dance inspire the fervor to fight in the hearts on those who see it. All allies affected by this dance can make a free attack at their highest bonus when performing a full attack action or a single attack as a standard action. Each affected ally also gains a +1 bonus to this attack roll for every 5 blade dancer levels. Only a blade dancer of 4th level or higher may choose this dance.

Dance of Inspiration: this dance inspire those who watch it to fight. All allies affected by this dance gain a +1 bonus to all attack rolls. This bonus increases by 1 for every 5 blade dancer levels.

Dance of the Mage: this dance's movements resemble the somatic components of a spell. All affected allies who cast a spell that deals hit point damage deal extra 2d6 points of damage with that spell. This bonus increases by 2d6 for every 5 blade dancer levels. 

Dance of the Mystic: this dance confers great power to those who follows the way of magic. All allies that can cast spells or use spell-like abilities affected by this dance gain a +1 bonus to their total caster level. This bonus increases by 1 for every 5 blade dancer levels.

Dance of the Resistance: those who watch this dance feels like there's nothing in the world strong enough to hurt him. All affected allies gain a +1 bonus to all saves. This bonus increases by 1 for every 5 blade dancer levels.

Dance of Shadow: this dance's movements are nimble, yet subtle. All allies affected by this dance gain +10 bonus to all Hide and Move Silently checks. This bonus increases by 1 for every blade dancer level. Only a blade dancer of 4th level or higher may choose this dance.

Dance of the Vampire: when using this dance, the blade dancer instills the image of a vampire in the minds of the spectators. All allies affected by this dance heal 3 hit points with each successful melee attack that deals damage. The amount healed increases by 3 for every 5 blade dancer levels. Only a blade dancer of 4th level or higher may choose this dance.

Dance of the Warrior: the moves in this dance remind the spectators of moves used in fighting. All allies affected by this song gains +3 bonus to all weapon damage rolls. This bonus increases by 3 for every 5 blade dancer levels.

Dancing Blade Style (Ex): the blade dancer's attacks flow in a beautiful yet deadly manner. At 1st level, the blade dancer incurs no penalty when fighting with two weapons. At 6th level, the blade dancer adds her Charisma modifier to all melee attack and damage rolls when using one weapon on each hand.

Startling Presence (Su): when the blade dancer is dancing, all enemies lose their minds with such sight. Beginning at 2nd level, whenever an opponent within 30 ft of the blade dancer successfully attacks her, that opponent must make a Will saving throw (DC 10 + blade dancer levels + her Charisma modifier) or be confused for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect.

Poisonous Blade Dance (Su): with a swing from their weapons, blade dancers are capable of releasing a poison cloud on their enemies. Starting at 3rd level, the blade dancer can use this ability as a standard action (even if she is currently concentrating on a dance). All enemies within 30 ft of the blade dancer must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + blade dancer levels + her Charisma modifier) or suffer the effects of a poison (1d6/1d6 Constitution damage). The blade dancer must have one weapon on each hand in order to use this ability. This ability is usable once per encounter at 3rd level, and the blade dancer gains one more use of this ability at 8th level.

Natural Rhythm (Ex): the blade dancer trains to be able to act while dancing. Starting at 3rd level, the blade dancer can choose to mantain concentration on her dances as a swift action each round.

Dual Dance (Ex): as the blade dancer advances in her path, she learns how to chain various dances to create a greater effect. Starting at 4th level, the blade dancer can use 2 different dances with a single move action, and can concentrate on both of them as if they were a single dance.

Demonic Blade Dance (Su): the blade dancer is capable of releasing an aura that drains the fighting abilities of her enemies. Starting at 5th level, the blade dancer can use this ability as a standard action (even if she is currently concentrating on a dance). All enemies within 30 ft of the blade dancer must make a Will saving throw (DC 10 + blade dancer levels + her Charisma modifier) or take a penalty to all attack and damage rolls equal to the blade dancer's Charisma modifier for 5 rounds. The blade dancer must have a weapon on each hand in order to use this ability. This ability is usable once per encounter at 5th level, and the blade dancer gains one more use of this ability at 9th level.

Deceptive Movements (Ex): the way the blade dancer moves through the battlefield makes a fool of most of her enemies. Starting at 6th level, the blade dancer gains 30% miss chance against all kinds of attacks. This miss chance increases by 10% for every 2 blade dancer levels beyond 6th (to a max of 50% at 10th level). This miss chance don't stack with similar effects (such as the blink spell).

Swift Dance (Ex): the blade dancer is capable of invoking her dances' power faster in battle. Starting at 7th level, if the blade dancer wants, she may use a dance as a swift action instead of a move action. 

Triple Song (Ex): the blade dancer can perform even more dances at once, displaying even more powerful effects. Starting at 7th level, the blade dancer can use up to 3 different dances with a single move action, and can concentrate on them all as if they were a single dance.

Dancing Mastery (Ex): at 10th level, the blade dancer becomes a master of her dancing abilities. The blade dancer can use up to 4 dances at a time using the same action, and can mantain concentration on them as if they were a single dance. All dances' duration after the blade dancer stops concentrating becomes 3 rounds. The blade dancer's levels are 5 higher when determining a dance's effects. Finally, Poison Blade Dance and Demonic Blade Dance's DCs increase by 3.

Fluffy Stuff

[spoiler]
Playing a Blade Dancer
Due to the nature of their abilities, blade dancers tend to be more aggressive than sword singers. By staying in the heat of the battle, the blade dancer makes sure to keep her allies ready to battle while posing a potential threat on the battlefield. Most of the time blade dancers wield two blades to fight, but it's not unknown to use other kinds of weapons, such as two morning stars.

Combat: blade dancers commonly start a fight using one of her offensive dances (Poison Blade Dance or Demonic Blade Dance) to weaken her enemies, then follow with dances that enhance the fighting prowess of her and her allies.

Advancement: blade dancer are more restricted than sword singers in the way they can grow. Most of the time blade dancers pick feats like Weapon Finesse and all of the Two Weapon Fighting tree. Blade dancers can also choose feats like High Sword Low Axe or other style feats. When multiclassing, blade dancers tend to choose more battle-oriented classes, such as Fighter and Warblade.

Resources: blade dancers are by themselves, so any kind of need the blade dancer might have, the blade dancer herself takes care of it.

Blade Dancers in the world
"These dances soothe my mind, but I also feel some kind of killing intent on it as well... - Florian,  dwarf blacksmith

The drow were the first blade dancers that appeared on the world. It's said that the blade dancers appeared to rival the elves and their Sword Singers. Since the drow possess a tendency towards evil, most of the blade dancer's dances grant some kind of benefit useful to a battle.
No one knows how the secrets of the blade dancers leaked from their secluded societies. But now it's possible to see almost any race as a blade dancer: dwarfs, halflings, humans; except elves, who claim that their sword singer is superior.

Since ancient times, blade dancers are known for being the ones who would define the end of a battle with their abilities.

Drow that see members of other races as blade dancers feel disgusted by the fact that a "inferior being" is using their powers.

Daily Life: blade dancers tend to do some kind of work to spent some time when not fighting. Few blade dancers actually stick to a single place; most of the time they travel from one place to another.
Notables: there are a few blade dancers that tell the story of blade dancers of old times that possessed powers beyond the current blade dancers, being able to turn their enemies to stone or affecting the very essence of magic through their dances. These select few are called Spectral Dancers, and as the name suggests, they lurk in the darkness, observing. It is said that they might still be roaming in the darkness...
Organizations: most of the blade dancers don't belong to a single organization. There are those that would join the military and acheiving leading positions, thanks to their abilities.

NPC Reaction
Blade dancers in general tend to be loved by most of the people that see them, except when the blade dancer is a drow. When one drow blade dancer appears, all are cautious around him.

Blade Dancers in the game
Blade dancers are meant to be in the support role. As such, they tend to lessen the burden of the wizard and cleric (since they can take a support role if needed), or even give the party even more firepower. Blade dancers can be more offensive than the sword singer.

[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »
I seriously need help with the prereqs.... I feel like something is missing with the last two...

And maybe some tips regarding the abilities...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 06:49:13 PM »
Small update on Element Mage...

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »
These are really nicely done Risada! They almost beg to have their own base classes to go with them...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »
These are really nicely done Risada! They almost beg to have their own base classes to go with them...

Not really.... most of the base classes are easily found throughout the vast amount of classes in 3.5 (there's only one that would be troublesome, but Wizard can do the job, I guess...)

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »
Oh, no, not that I mean to say that they seem hard to get into or anything like that, I just mean that these are obviously based on a video game and get abilities that are obviously ported from a video game, and I just think it would be cool to have base classes to start from which are also "video game-y."

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »
Small edits to the Warlord...

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 10:00:47 PM »
I am a little wary of the Warlord and Sentinel Ranger. Both seem very, very strong. Warlords because they can crush people with two strikes with a single standard action, and SRs because they can fire off literally an ungodly amount of arrows every round. Greater Manyshot at no penalty + Rapidshot at the same time with no penalty??!? WHAT!? That's what 12 arrows fired per round at no penalty to attack, which can all be aimed wherever the archer wants?