Author Topic: Rebalancing Compendium [Rebalancing 3.5]  (Read 64952 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Rebalancing Compendium [Rebalancing 3.5]
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »
This thread is to be a collection of the "up to date" versions from the other sub threads I have started on rebalancing 3.5.  I will try to keep this as current as possible.

Alright!  The PDF is up! 

It's about 400KB, so I can't attach it here.  AlterForm showed me a better place to host this, so hopefully it will be easy to download!

PDF Download

Feel free to comment here as needed, although if the topic is specific enough, it might serve better to comment in the appropriate sub thread.

I will try to update these first posts with the current versions of what we've "agreed on."  Any recent additions will be in red so they're easier to find.

(Cross-post links:)

Races 
Core Classes
Other Classes 
Skills & Feats 
Spells 
Combat & Rules 
Equipment 

Also, for posterity, here's a link to the original Rebalancing 3.5 thread that was closed to split the project into other threads.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:21:32 AM by RobbyPants »
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Races
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 11:30:59 PM »
Races

Note: Favored class rules no longer apply

Half-elfHalf-Orc
- Remove the -2 penalty to Charisma. 
- Add a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
- Add weapon familiarity.  A half-orc can treat a greataxe as a simple weapon and an Orcish shot-put as a martial weapon.

Hobgoblin
- The ability score adjustments are +2 Dexterity,-2 Wisdom.
- Add Toughness as a bonus feat.
- Add a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against elves.
- Add a +2 racial bonus to Knowledge(History) and Profession(Siege Engineer) checks.
- Reduce level adjustment to  +0.

Kobold
- Remove the -2 penalty to Constitution.

Orc
- Add a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate checks.
- Add weapon familiarity.  An orc can treat a greataxe as a simple weapon and an Orcish shot-put as a martial weapon.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:33:03 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Core Classes
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:31:21 PM »
Core Classes

Barbarian
[spoiler=Class Features]
1   Fast movement, illiteracy, rage 1/encounter, Rage (Temporary Hit Points)
2   Uncanny dodge
3   Rage (Mettle)
4   Rage (Fear Immune)
5   Improved uncanny dodge
6   Pounce
7   Damage reduction 1/-, Rage (Damage Reduction)
8   Rage (Haste, 1)
9   Temporary Hit Points (x3)
10  Damage reduction 2/-
11  Greater rage
12  Rage (Haste, 2)
13  Damage reduction 3/-
14  Indomitable will
15  Rage (Improved Mettle)
16  Damage reduction 4/-, Rage (Haste, 3)
17  Tireless rage
18  Temporary Hit Points (x3)
19  Damage reduction 5/-
20  Mighty rage, Rage (Haste, continuous)
Rage: Per the PHB with the following exceptions: the barbarian can use rage once per encounter instead of per day.  Instead of gaining a +4 bonus on Constitution, the barbarian instead gainst a +2 morale bonus on Fortitude saves.   To account for no Constitution increase, rage lasts five rounds + the barbarian's Constitution modifier.

The moral bonus to fortitude saves increases to +3 at 11th level when the barbarian gains Greater Rage and to +4 at 20th level when he gains Mighty Rage.

Rage (Temporary Hit Points): While raging, the barbarian gains a number of temporary hit points equal to double his class level.  These temporary hit points overlap with other temporary hit points and do not stack.  For example, a 3rd level barbarian would gain 6 temporary hit points per round, but the total would never increase above 6.

At 9th level, the barbarian gains a number of temporary hit points equal to three times his class level per round.  This increases to four times his class level at 18th level.

Uncanny Dodge: At 2nd level, the barbarian gains Uncanny Dodge, per the PHB.

Rage (Mettle): At 3rd level, the barbarian gains Mettle when he is raging.

Rage (Fear Immune): At 4th level, the barbarian is immune to fear while raging.

Improved Uncanny Dodge: At 5th level, the barbarian gains Improved Uncanny Dodge, per the PHB.

Pounce: At 6th level, the barbarian gains Pounce.

Damage Reduction: At 7th level, the barbarian gains Damage Reduction per the PHB.

Rage (Damage Reduction): At 7th level, the damage reduction granted from barbarian levels doubles while the barbarian is raging.

Rage (Haste): At 8th level, as a swift action the barbarian can gain the benifits of Haste for one round while raging.  This ability does not stack with any other rage ability.

At 12th level, the barbarian can gain the effects of Haste for two rounds while raging, although it need not be two consecutive rounds.  Each separate activation takes a swift action, although the barbarian can use it for two consecutive rounds for a single swift action activation.  At 16th level, the barbarian can gain the benifit of Haste for three rounds.  At 20th level, the duration of the Haste is limited only by the barbarian's rage.

Indomitable Will: At 14th level, the barbarian gains Indomitable Will, per the PHB.

Rage (Improved Mettle): At 15th level, when the barbarian is raging, he gains Improved Mettle.  This works exactly like Mettle, except on a failed save, he only takes the partial effects instead of the full effects of the spell or ability.

Tireless Rage: At 17th level, the barbarian gains Tireless Rage, per the PHB.[/spoiler]

Bard
No changes.

Cleric
- The cleric's spell list is now much smaller (see the Spell List section).  Each domain (with the exception of Healing) grants three spells per level.  The cleric's list of "spells known" is the cleric list plus any spells from their domain.  The cleric spontaneously casts from this list, but still uses Wisdom as the casting stat.
- The cleic gets 4 skill points per level.
- Use modified Turn Undead mechanic (See Combat & Rules thread)
- Most other changes will come in the form of changed spells.

Druid
- Use the Shapeshift alternate class feature found in the PHB II.
- The druid no longer has full access to his entire spell list.  Instead, he chooses a number of spells known from the spell list similar to a sorcerer. The druid casts from this list spontaneously, but still uses Wisdom as the casting stat.
[spoiler=Druid Spells Known]
[/spoiler]

Fighter
Class skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge(History) (Iint), Knowledge(Nobility) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
4 skill points per level
[spoiler=Class Features]
1   Bonus Feat, Weapon Aptitude, Active Defense
2   Bonus Feat
3   Art of War
4   Bonus Feat   
5   Battlefield Recon, Surprise Lunge   
6   Bonus Feat
7   Shake it Off, Foil   
8   Bonus Feat
9   True Grit   
10  Bonus Feat
11  Array of Stunts
12  Bonus Feat
13  Improved Shake it Off
14  Bonus Feat
15  Improved Foil   
16  Bonus Feat
17  Improved Array of Stunts
18  Bonus Feat
19  Greater Shake it Off
20  Bonus Feat, Supreme Reach
Weapon Aptitude
As the Warblade ability.

Active Defense
The fighter can make an attack of opportunity as an immediate action if provoked.  This is in addition to his normal limit for the round.

Art of War
Fighters train extensively in the basic arts of combat.  At 3rd level the fighter gains a +1 bonus to opposed Trip, Disarm, Bull Rush, Sunder, Grapple, Feint, and Overrun checks.  This bonus increases by +1 every three fighter levels thereafter.

Battlefield Recon
Fighters battle against a great many foes, and learn to identify them quickly.  A Fighter of 5th level or higher may add his class level to all Knowledge checks to identify creatures and to gain Strategic Advantage in planning for a large battle (Heroes of Battle). The fighter always counts as trained in any such Knowledge check.

Surprise Lunge
As an immediate action the Fighter may treat his threatened area as 5' farther than usual, and any interrupted action which would then trigger an attack of opportunity does so. The fighter moves 5' such that the creature now triggering this AoO would be within his normal threat range, and then resolves the attack of opportunity. His threatened area then returns to normal.

Shake it Off
At 7th level, the fighter gains the ability to shake off various impeding effects.  As a full round action, a fighter can attempt remove one of the following effects: blind, confused, dazzled, deaf, exhausted, fatigued, shaken, or sickened.  To remove the effect, the fighter is allowed to roll another saving throw, at the original DC of the effect. 

If the effect was caused by a spell that did not allow a saving throw, the fighter may attempt a Fort save against a normal DC for a spell or spell-like ability of that level.  Any other condition that does not allow a save cannot be removed with this ability.

Foil
At level 7, a fighter can attempt to foil an opponent's action, causing it to fail, as an immediate action against an adjacent opponent.  A fighter may foil another attack, a spell (even if cast defenisvely), or a skill check.  To resolve the foil, the fighter makes an opposed attack roll using his full base attack bonus and all modifiers he'd normally add.  If the fighter wins this opposed roll, the action fails. 

If foiling an attack, the opponents opposes the fighter with his attack roll.  If foiling a spell, the caster opposes the fighter with a Concentration check.  If foiling a skill check, the opponent opposes the fighter with the appropriate skill check.

True Grit
Fighters must learn to tough it out under fire.  A Fighter of 9th level or higher may add his constitution bonus to any Reflex or Will save he has to make.

Array of Stunts
At 11th level the fighter gains an extra swift action each round.  This extra action can also be used as an immediate action.

Improved Shake it Off
At 13th level, a fighter can use shake it off to remove one of the following effects: cowering, dazed, fascinated, frightened, nauseated, panicked, paralyzed, and stunned.  A fighter may use this ability despite the condition preventing him from using full round actions.

Improved Foil   
At 15th level, the fighter can use his foil ability at a greater range with a melee or ranged weapon.  If using a melee weapon, the fighter can use foil against any opponent within his reach.  If using a ranged weapon, the fighter can use foil with 30 feet or the weapon's first range increment, whichever is greater.  All range penalties (if any) apply to the opposed roll.

Improved Array of Stunts
At 17th level the fighter gains an extra swift action each round, which is in addition to the extra swift action he gains from Array of Stunts.  This extra action can also be used as an immediate action.

Greater Shake it Off
At 19th level a fighter may use Shake it Off and Improved Shake if Off as a move action.

Supreme Reach
At 20th level, a fighter's melee reach increases by five feet.  All range increments for ranged weapons are doubled.  The fighter may use Foil with a ranged weapon at a distance of up to 60 feet.[/spoiler]

Monk
This version was finalized by Midnight_V, with help from Risada and Orion:

Class Skills:
Level  AC     Speed  Special
       Bonus  Bonus
3      +0     +10'   Combat Insight, Still Mind
4      +0     +10'   Ki Strike (magic), Slow Fall (20')
5      +1     +10'   Purity of Body
6      +1     +20'   Bonus Feat, Storm of Blows, Slow Fall (30')
7      +2     +20'   Wholeness of Body, Ki Strike (cold iron)
8      +2     +20'   Ki Reinforce, Slow Fall (40')
9      +3     +30'   Improved Evasion
10     +3     +30'   Ki Strike (lawful), Slow Fall (fly 1/enc)
11     +4     +30'   Diamond Body
12     +4     +40'   Abundant Step, Slow Fall (fly 2/enc)
13     +5     +40'   Diamond Soul, Ki Strike (Ghost Touch)
14     +5     +40'   Slow Fall (fly 3/enc)
15     +6     +50'   Quivering Palm
16     +6     +50'   Ki Strike (adamantine), Slow Fall (fly 4/enc)
17     +7     +50'   Timeless Body, Tongue of the Sun and Moon,
                     Diamond Soul (rebound)
18     +7     +60'   Slow Fall (fly 5/enc)
19     +8     +60'   Empty Body
20     +8     +60'   Perfect Self, Slow Fall (fly 6/enc)

Monks are not proficient with any armor or shields

When wearing armor, using a shield, or carrying a medium or heavy load, a monk loses her AC bonus, as well as her fast movement and flurry of blows abilities. [/left]
AC Bonus (Ex)
When unarmored and unencumbered, the monk adds her Wisdom bonus (if any) to her AC. In addition, a monk gains a +1 bonus to AC at 5th level. This bonus increases by 1 every odd level thereafter (+2 at 7tth, +3 at 9th, and +4 at 11th level ad so on).

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the monk is flat-footed. She loses these bonuses when she is immobilized or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, or when she carries a medium or heavy load.

Flurry of Blows (Ex) as phb

Improved UnarmedStrike: as phb

Enlightened Strike (G. Stunning Fist / Immobilizing strike)Bonus Feats:
2nd level, she may select a bonus feat, drawn from the list of fighter feats
6th level, she may a bonus feat, drawn from the list of fighter feats

Evasion (Ex)
At 2nd level or higher if a monk makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a monk is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless monk does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Combat Insight (Ex): starting at 3rd level and at every 3 levels thereafter the monk gains a +1 insight bonus on attacks of opportunity, Disarm, Grapple and Trip attempts. Additionally, whenever the monk succeeds at such checks, it may make a free attack againt her foe (at her highest attack bonus). This attack isn't considered an attack of opportunity.

Fast Movement (Ex)
At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to her speed, as shown on Table: The Monk. A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Still Mind (Ex)
A monk of 3rd level through discipline and focus can postpone the effects of spells and effects from the school of enchantment. The monk must make his save as per normal however you may delay the actual effects for a number of rounds equal to your wisdom modifier or 4 which ever is lower at which point you are affected normally.

Ki Strike (Su)Slow Fall (Ex)Purity of Body (Ex)
At 5th level, a monk gains immunity to all poisons and diseases except for supernatural and magical diseases.

Storm of Blows: At 6th level, as a full-round action, monks can move between flurry attacks. The can move their base speed (the equivalent of one move action), and make one full Flurry attack. They must move at least 5 feet before and 5 feat after their first and last attacks.

Wholeness of Body (Su)
At 7th level or higher, a monk can heal her own wounds. She can heal a number of hit points of damage equal to 4 times the monks level each day, and she can spread this healing out among several uses. Addtionally the monk may instead spend 5 points from this pool to heal 1 point of ability damage or 20 points to remove a negative level.

Ki Reinforce (Sp): starting at 8th level, three times per day, the monk can make a Concentration check as a swift action, then inbue her attacks with force damage, based on the check result, as below:

Check result........Bonus Damage
15 or below.........Total + 1d6 Force Damage
16-25.................Total +2d6 Force Damage
26-30.................Total +3d6 Force Damage
31-35.................Total +4d6 Force Damage
36+....................Total +5d6 Force Damage + the opponent saves or is knocked prone from the impact.

This ability lasts for 1 minute.

Improved Evasion (Ex)Diamond Body (Su)
At 11t level, the monk, gains immunity to the following conditions: Blindness, Deafness, exastion, fatigue, Nauseated, Petrified, stunned, sickened,  and can ignore the effects of being staggered or unconscious (effectively gaining the die hard feat but without allowing it to qual for other feats)

Abundant Step (Su)
At 12th level or higher, a monk can slip magically between spaces, as if using the spell dimension door, once per point of wisdom modifier per day. Her caster level for this effect is one-half her monk level (rounded down).

Diamond Soul (Ex)Quivering Palm (Su)Timeless Body (Ex)
Upon attaining 17th level, a monk no longer takes penalties to her ability scores for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any such penalties that she has already taken, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the monk still dies of old age when her time is up. Damage reduction increases by two

Tongue of the Sun and Moon (Ex)
A monk of 17th level or higher can speak with any living creature.

Empty Body (Su)
At 19th level, a monk gains the ability to assume an ethereal state for 1 round per monk level per day, as though using the spell etherealness. She may go ethereal on a number of different occasions during any single day, as long as the total number of rounds spent in an ethereal state does not exceed her monk level.

Perfect Self (su):Dr 10/Chaotic and silver.
Enlightend One
You may radiate an immaculate light to a range of 60ft at will. This grants you total concealment and lasts 4 rounds. This is a visual effect that is not bypassed by true seeing. However, creatures who do not use sight (oozes and the such) are unaffected by this power This effect may only be dispelled by a  darkness spell of 7th level or higher. You may use this ability each day a number or times equal to your wisdom modifier.

Awe of perfection: You are under the permanent effects of a Sanctuary spell DC = 10 + monk level + wisdom
Constructs, Elementals, Mindless undead, and other outsiders are immune to this effect, or any other creature that does not have an age maximum age limit (or that is defined as immortal) are immune to this effect. (this does however affect exceptionally long lived creatures Dragons, elves, elan etc...
Immunity to Magic (Ex)
You are immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. Though you may supress this ability as a full round action, and the supression lasts for one round (untill just before your next turn.) This replaces the dimond soul ability
Walk the path: You may plane shift (as the spell) twice perday as a supernatural ability. You are immune to the harmful enviormnetal effects (temperature extremes, lack of oxygen) This ability takes one full round to use.[/spoiler]

Paladin
I am strongly considering simply using OneWing4ngel's paladin.

RangerRogue
- A rogue can deal Sneak Attack damage to creatures immune to critical hits.  The rogue deals half the normal amount of sneak attack damage to creatures immune to critical hits.

Sorcerer
[spoiler=progression]
Level   Special
4       Bonus Feat
6       Advanced Learning
8       Bonus Feat
10      Advanced Learning
12      Bonus Feat
14      Advanced Learning
16      Bonus Feat
18      Advanced Learning
20      Bonus Feat
Familiar: Per PHB

Scribe Scroll/Bonus Feat: Sorcerers have two options:

1) Pick a heritage (draconic, infernal, celestial, etc...).  Get the appropriate base heritage feat at 1st level (instead of Scribe Scroll) and a new heritage feat of the appropirate type with each new bonus feat.

2) Do not pick a heritage.  Get Eschew Materials at level 1 and a bonus item creation or metamagic feat with the new bonus feats.

Advanced Learning: Pick a spell off of a printed Sorcerer/Wizard list (not the new generalist list).  This spell is added as a spell known.[/spoiler]
- Increase the sorcerer's spell's known as follows:
[spoiler=Sorcerer Spells Known]
[/spoiler]
- 4 skill points per level
- Other than from Advanced learning, the sorcerer uses the new generalist Sorcerer/Wizard spell list in the Spells section.

Wizard
[spoiler=progression]
Level   Special
4       Bonus Feat
6       Advanced Learning
8       Bonus Feat
10      Advanced Learning
12      Bonus Feat
14      Advanced Learning
16      Bonus Feat
18      Advanced Learning
20      Bonus Feat
Familiar: Per PHB

Scribe Scroll/Bonus Feat: Per PHB.

Advanced Learning: Pick a spell off of a printed Sorcerer/Wizard list (not the new generalist list).  This spell is added to their spell book.  Note that a specialist wizard cannot pick a spell of a prohibited school.[/spoiler]
- Other than from Advanced learning, the wizard uses the new generalist Sorcerer/Wizard spell list in the Spells section.
- A specialist wizard uses the original Sorcerer/Wizard list when selecting spells for his school of specialization.  The new generalist list is used for all other non-prohibited schools.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:54:21 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Other Classes & ACFs
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:31:34 PM »
Other Classes

Swashbuckler
This has been replaced with an ACF for the fighter.

Warmage
Modify the damage granted by Warmage's Edge.  The extra damage granted is equal to the warmage's Int mod (minimum 1) x the spell's level.  The warmage adds his Int mod (minium 1) to 0-level spells.  The ability functions the same in all other respects.

Scout
- Skirmish deals damage to creatures immune to critical hits, but it only does half damage.

Warlock
- Eldritch Blast damage is 1d6 per warlock level
- The warlock gains an invocation every level, instead of the old 12/20 progression.
- Damage Reduction/Cold Iron starts at 2 points at 2nd level, and increases another two points every four levels thereafter.

Alternate Class Features

Druid - Beastmaster

Lose:
-Shapeshifting

Gain:
-Animal Companion (per the PHB)

Fighter - Swashbuckler

Lose:
-Medium and heavy armor proficiencies.
-Light, heavy, and tower shield proficiencies (but retain buckler proficiency).
-Battlefield Recon at level 5
-True Grit at level 9

Move:
-Art of War is moved from level 3 to level 5.  The bonus begins as +1 at 5th level, and increases every three levels (+2 at 8th, +3 at 11th... +6 at 20th)

Gain:
- Balance as a class skill.
-Canny Defense at level 1.  The fighter adds his Intelligence mod to AC, to a maximum of his fighter level.  This bonus only applies if wearing light or no armor, wearing a buckler or no shield, and carrying a light load.  If the fighter his denied his Dexterity bonus to AC, he does not apply this bonus.
-Insightful Strike at level 3.  The fighter can add his Int mod to damage on any melee weapon with which he could use the Weapon Finesse feat.
-Tuck and Roll at level 9: The fighter can add his Dexterity mod to any Fotitude or Will save that he makes.

So, the progression would look like this:
[spoiler]
1   Bonus Feat, Weapon Aptitude, Canny Defense
2   Bonus Feat
3   Insightful Strike
4   Bonus Feat   
5   Art of War, Surprise Lunge   
6   Bonus Feat
7   Shake it Off, Foil   
8   Bonus Feat
9   Tuck and Roll   
10  Bonus Feat
11  Array of Stunts
12  Bonus Feat
13  Improved Shake it Off
14  Bonus Feat
15  Improved Foil   
16  Bonus Feat
17  Improved Array of Stunts
18  Bonus Feat
19  Greater Shake it Off
20  Bonus Feat, Supreme Reach
[/spoiler]

Note: As written, Daring Outlaw and Daring Warrior are no longer needed. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:16:51 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Psionic Classes
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 11:31:50 PM »
Psionic Classes

Psion
I think any fixes needed can come in the form of fixing certain powers.  Most of these corespond to broken spells.

Psychic Warrior
The psychic warrior adds 2 power points cumulative per level.
[spoiler=PP progression]
Level  old PP  new PP
1      0       2
2      1       5
3      3       9
4      5       13
5      7       17
6      11      23
7      15      29
8      19      35
9      23      41
10     27      47
11     35      57
12     43      67
13     51      77
14     59      87
15     67      97
16     79      111
17     91      125
18     103     139
19     115     153
20     127     167
[/spoiler]

Soulknife
The soulknife will be dropped, and an ACF will be available to the psychic warrior.  The original link can be found at The Mind's Eye.

[spoiler=Soulbound Weapon]
Soulbound Weapon                           

You can summon a specific weapon to your hand that is bound to your very soul.
Level: 1st and 2nd.
Replaces: You lose your 2nd-level bonus feat.
Benefit: You must choose a soulbound weapon at 1st level and you gain the Weapon Focus feat with this weapon. Also, the first power you learn must be call weaponry. You can summon your chosen soulbound weapon to your hand using call weaponry.

At 2nd level, you gain the soulbound weaponclass ability, and the weapon you summon using call weaponry is of the same type as you chose at 1st level. Its physical appearance slowly changes, growing in power as you do. You must manifest the power call weaponry to obtain your soulbound weapon; you retain the weapon for the duration of the power. You may still use the call weaponry power as normal if you wish. This is a specific weapon every time you summon it, and it automatically gains a weapon enhancement at the following levels:
4th    +1 weapon
8th    +2 weapon
12th   +3 weapon
16th   +4 weapon
20th   +5 weapon

Also, add the following augmentation to your call weaponry power:

Augmentation: When you manifest your soulbound weapon, for each additional 5 power points you spend, you may add a weapon enhancement of +1 value to the weapon. For example, if you spend an additional 10 power points, you could add two +1 weapon enhancements or a single +2 weapon enhancement.[/spoiler]

Wilder
Powers Known
The wilder starts at first level with two powers known.  Each level thereafter, she learns another power.

Wild Surge/Psychic Enervation
This version of Wild Surge removes the need for Psychic Enervation.  Now, surging is a gamble, slightly in favor of the wilder.  When using wild surge, your manifester level is modified (see the table below).  If the power has an augment cost, any boost to your manifester level adds the same amount of points when you activate the power (so you can augment for free).  If your manifester level drops below one, the power fails.  Note that this mofification is applied after any other effect that would adjust your manifester level, such as the Practiced Manifester feat.

Wilder   Manifester
level    level
13-16    +4d4-8
17-20    +5d4-10

Volatile Mind
If someone targets you with a mind affecting spell, power, or ability, they must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Wilder level + Cha mod) or be dazed for one round.  This does not apply if you are in a mind affecting area of effect. Volatile Mind is a mind affecting ability, although it does not trigger Volatile Mind from other wilders.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:36:42 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Feats
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 11:32:22 PM »
Feats

Alertness *
- You gain a +2 competence bonus on Spot and Listen checks. 
- You gain Spot and Listen as class skills.
* Note: All other +2/+2 skill feats such as Athletic, Persuasive, and Nimble Fingers follow this pattern.  You add both of the two skills as class skills.

Dodge
- You gain a +1 dodge bonus to AC (usable against all opponents). 
- You may only take this feat once.

Far Shot
- In addition to the normal benifits, this adds +30 feet to the range at which you can apply precision damage such as Sneak Attack, Skirmish, and Sudden Strike.
- Prereqs are now Dex 13+, Precise Shot

Great Fortitude
- You gain a +2 bonus on Fortitude saves.  Instead of rolling one save, you may roll two dice and pick the higher of the two results.  You may reroll in this fashion one time day plus one for every three character levels (round down).

Improved Toughness
- Prerequisites: Toughness, Base Fort +2
- You gain +10 additional hit points.
- You may take this feat multiple times.  Each time you gain an additional ten hit points.

Iron Will
- You gain a +2 bonus on Will saves.  Instead of rolling one save, you may roll two dice and pick the higher of the two results.  You may reroll in this fashion one time day plus one for every three character levels (round down).

Lightning Reflexes
- You gain a +2 bonus on Reflex saves.  Instead of rolling one save, you may roll two dice and pick the higher of the two results.  You may reroll in this fashion one time day plus one for every three character levels (round down).

Persistent Spell [METAMAGIC]
You can make a spell last much longer.
Prerequisite: Extend Spell.
Benefit: Spells affected by this metamagic have their duration increased as per the table below.

Initial Duration   Modified Duration
Concentration      rounds/level
rounds/level       minutes/level
minutes/level      10 minutes/level
10 minutes/level   hours/level
hours/level        24 hours
Point Blank Shot
Remove this feat.  All feats that have it as a prerequisite now have Precise Shot as a prerequisite, as well as Dex 13+.

Precise Shot
In addition to its normal benifits, add in the benifits of Point Blank Shot.  Remove PBS as a prereq (so the only prereq is Dex 13+)

Shot on the run
- Drop all the prereqs except Point Blank Shot.  This feat can be taken at level 1.

Skill Focus
- Pick a skill.  You gain a +4 competence bonus on skill checks for that skill.
- You gain the selected skill as a class skill.

Spring Attack
- Drop the prereqs.  This feat can be taken at level 1.

Toughness
- You gain a number of hit points equal to the number of hit dice you have plus two.  Each hit die you gain after taking this feat grants you an additional hit point.
- You may only take this feat once.

Two-Weapon Fighting
- In addition to the normal benifits, you gain a second off-hand attack when your BAB is +6*.  This attack is at -5 from your BAB.  When your BAB is +11, you gain a third off-hand attack*, which is at -5 from your BAB**.  When your BAB is +16, you gain a fourth off-hand attack, which is at -5 from your BAB**.
*Note: You are counted as having Improved Two-Weapon fighting at BAB +6 and Greater Two-Weapon Fighting at BAB +11 for purposes of prerequisites.
**Note: This is assuming that all iterative attacks are at -5 BAB, which I've posted in the Combat & Rules thread.

Weapon Focus
- Choose a weapon.  You gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls with that weapon.
- A fighter of 4th level and higher adds a +2 bonus to all damage rolls with the chosen weapon.  He is counted as having the Weapon Specialization* feat for purposes of prerequisites.  A warblade of 6th level also gains this ability.
- A fighter of 8th level and higher adds an additional +1 bonus to all attack rolls with the chosen weapon (for a total of +2).  He is counted as having the Greater Weapon Focus* feat for purposes of prerequisites.  A warblade of 10th level also gains this ability.
- A fighter of 12th level and higher adds an additional +2 bonus to all damage rolls with the chosen weapon (for a total of +4).  He is counted as having the Greater Weapon Specialization* feat for purposes of prerequisites.  A warblade of 14th level also gains this ability.
*Note: This replaces the feats Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Focus, and Greater Weapon Specialization.

New Feats

Act on the move
- Prereqs: Spring Attack or Shot on the Run.
- When taking a standard action, you can move both before and after the action, provided that your total distance moved is not greater than your speed.

Shield Specialization
Prerequisite: Proficiency with shields.
Benifit: Choose a type of shield with which you are proficient.  The shield bonus granted by that shield increases by +1.  In addition, when making a Reflex save for half damage, you add your shield's shield bonus (including any enhanecment bonus it might have) to Reflex saves you make.  You may also add your shield bonus (including any enhanement bonus it might have) to Tumble checks made to avoid attacks of opportunity.

In addition, you may use your shield to block any physical attack (melee or ranged).  Doing so takes both an immediate action and uses one of your attacks of opportunity for the round.  You roll an attack roll opposed by the attack roll of your opponent's attack.  Your attack roll is your base attack bonus plus your Str mod (or other modifier such as Dex if using Weapon Finnesse) plus any other modifiers affecting your attack rolls.  You also add +1 bonus to attack rolls, which corresponds to the +1 bonus to AC granted by this feat.  If your roll succeeds, the attack is blocked and you take no damage.  Effectively, you replace your AC with your attack roll for this one attack.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times.  Each time it applies to a different type of shield.  A fighter may take Shield Specialization as a fighter bonus feat.

Studied Precision [General]
Your knowledge of strange and exotic creatures allows you to stike them preciely.
- Prerequiste: +1d6 Sneak Attack, Sudden Strike, Skirmish, or Precise Strike damage.
- Benifit: You apply full Sneak Attack, Sudden Strike, Skirmish, or Precise Strike damage to creatures immune to critical hits based on your ranks in various Knowledge skills.  You need to have at least three ranks in the appropriate Knowledge skill to deal full precision damage with this feat.  Use the table below to find the appropriate Knowledge skill for each creature type:
Creature          Knowledge
Type              Skill
Nature            Animals, Fey, Giants, Monstrous Humaniods, Plants, Vermin
Planes            Elementals, Outsiders
Religion          Undead
- Normal: You only do half Sneak Attack, Sudden Strike, Skirmish, or Precise Strike damage to creatures immune to critical hits.

Two-Weapon Parry
- prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting, Dex 15+
- You may forgo your off hand attacks during a full attack, although you still take the normal penalties for fighting with two weapons with your main hand attacks.  If you do so, you may designate one opponent you threaten as flanked.  This condition lasts until the beginning of your next turn.  You must use at least one of your attacks against this opponent. 
- You must be wielding a weapon in your off hand to use this feat.  You may use an empty hand if you have the Improved Unarmed Strike feat.  You cannot use armor spikes to parry with this feat.
- Opponents with multiple weapons or shields may negate this flanknig bonus.  An opponent with multiple weapons can negate the flank by forgoing all attacks with one weapon on his next turn, but he must take a full attack option if able.  An opponent with a shield can negate the flank, but he does not add his shield bonus to AC until the end of his next turn.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:27:59 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Tactical and Style Feats
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 11:32:32 PM »
Tactical and Style Feats

Shield Guard [TACTICAL]
Prerequisite: Proficiency with shields, Sheild Specialization, Combat Expertise, Base Attack Bonus +6
Benifit: Shield Guard gives you three maneuvers you can use with a shield:
Shield Ally
As an immediate action, you may grant any adjacent ally a shield bonus to AC equal to that provided by your shield plus it's enhancement bonus.  However, you do not benefit from the shield's shield bonus to AC or the enhancement bonus.  This effect lasts until the start of your next turn or until you and your ally are no longer adjacent.
Shielded Interception
When an ally is charged and the charge line is within 5' of you, you may take a 5' step into the charge line as an immediate action if you are wielding a Heavy Shield.  The charging enemy now counts as charging you for all purposes, and you take a -2 penalty to AC until the beginning of your next turn.
Shielded Defense
When using the Combat Expertise feat, any bonus you add to your Armor Class from Combat Expertise is also added to your Reflex saves you make for half damage.
Special: A fighter may take Shield Guard as a fighter bonus feat.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:28:03 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Skills
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »
Skills

Regarding cross class skills:

The cap for cross class skills still applies to maximum ranks.  What changes is all skills (class or cross-class) are purchased one rank per point.  Effectively, this gives everyone the Able Learner feat.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:35:48 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Abusive Spells
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:06 PM »
Abusive Spells

This section is for specific spells with their own problems.  I'll try to prevent the worst abuses here!

The three Planar Binding spells
It seems the biggest abuse of these spells is to summon something, and make it cast spells or use SLAs of a higher level than you could normally cast.  The "easy fix" I'm thinking of would be that you can only force a bound creature to use a spell or spell-like ability of a lower level than the level of the Planar Binding spell cast.  So if you use Planar Binding (6th level) to bind an efreeti, you could not force it to cast anything above 5th level in exchange for it's freedom (thus, no Wishes).  The creature could decide to use these types of spells to fullfil its service, but at its descresion.

The only thing is you could use Heighten Spell to boost it higher, so I may want to put in an exception for that.

Gate
The only use of this spell is now for the transport feature.  Use Planar Binding and Summon Monster for other summons.  Also, specific creatures can be called with gate, but they do not have to travel through.

Summon Monster/Nature's Ally
What are some of the worst abuses here?  I've never seen it pushed too far from personal experiene, so I don't know what needs to be controlled.

Alter Self
Works as printed in the PHB with the following exceptions:
- The natural amror gained by the spell is capped at 1/3 caster level (max +5 at 15th level).
- Any racial skill bonuses gained by the spell is capped at 1/3 caster level (max +4 at 12th level).
- Any movement speeds gained by the spell is capped at 10 feet per 3 caster levels (max 50 feet at 15th level).  Use the caster's base land speed if it is higher.  Flight speeds are not granted until caster level 5, and the maneuverability is never greater than average.

Polymorph

You form changes into that of another creature.  You may increase or decrease your size by one size category.  Increasing your size gives you a +2 bonus to Strength and a -2 penalty to Dexterity, and decreasing your size gives you a +2 bonus on Dexterity and a -2 Penalty on Strength.  You have the reach of a long creature of your new size.  If using this spell to impersonate someone, you gain a +10 circumstance bonus on your Disguise check.

You gain a number of points equal to your caster level, to a maximum of 15 at 15th level.  You can use these points however you want to purchase special abilities and ability enhancments.

Abilities:
-Ability Score Increase (2 points): You gain a +2 enhancement bonus to Str, Dex, or Con.  You can use this ability multiple times, but you cannot gain an enhancement bonus to a single ability greater than +6.  If you gain a bonus to your Con score, you do not gain additional hit points.
-Natural Armor (1 point): You gain a +1 bonus to your natural armor, which stacks with existing natural armor.  You can take this ability multiple times, to a maximum bonus of +5.
-Flight (4 points): You gain the ability to fly at your base speed with average manueverability.
-Swimming (2 points): You gain a swim speed equal to your base land speed and a +8 bonus on Swim checks.  You may take 10 while swimming and may charge while swimming in a straight line.  You are able to breath underwater.
-Scent (2 points): You gain the scent ability
-Natural attack (2 points): You either gain bite, slam, or tentical attack that deals 1d8 damage (2d6 if large, 1d6 if small).  Alternately, you gain two claw attacks that deal 1d4 damage each (1d6 if large, 1d3 if small).  A single attack adds one-and-a-half times your Str modifier to damage.  Paired attacks simply add your Str modifier.  This can be taken more than once to gain both a single attack and a pair of attacks.  Choose which is your primary attack form and which is the secondary.  All secondary attacks take a -5 penalty on the attack role (-2 if you have the Multiattack feat).
-Reach (4 points): Your reach increases by five feet.
-Burrow (4 points): You gain a burrow speed equal to your base land speed.
-Low light vision (1 point): You gain low light vision.
-Darkvision (2 points): You gain dark vision 60 ft.
-Speed (1 point): Your base land speed increases by 5 ft.  This can be taken several times.
-Energy Resistance (1 point): You gain energy resistance of 5 for any one of the five energy types (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic).  You can take this ability several times, either increasing the reistance of one type by 5, and/or by gaining resistances to new energy types.
-Energy Immunity (6 points): You are immune to one of the ive energy types (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic).  This ability can be taken multiple times, granting you immunity to a different energy type.

Shapechange
I'll make this similar to the latter of the two Polymorph spells, but with different caps.  The supernatural abilities granted come from an approved list in the spell description.

Wraithstrike
I love this spell, but there are way too many ways that it can be *too* good.  One nerf might be to limit it to the first attack you make that round.  That way, it's still a swift action to cast, you can still charge, or even full attack, but only the first attack benifits.  It also eliminates pouncing Wraithstrike charges.

Blasphemy
This spell (and it's other-aligned cousins) run into problems with very high caster levels.  The idea is to turn this difference into a penalty to saving throws.  Credit goes to Sunic for this idea.
[spoiler=Blasphemy]
[/spoiler]

Mordenkainen's Disjunction
Works as normal, except the item's magical properties are merely supressed for one hour.  After this period, they begin working as normal.  The items do not get a save.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:31:27 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Spells in General
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:22 PM »
Spells in General

This is to help balance direct damage (DD), save or dies (SoD), and crowd control (CC).

General Direct Damage Change
Here's the basic idea:  A DD spell directly opposes a monster's HP.  Now, a monster primarily gets HP from two sources: their hit dice and their Con mod (* their HD).  Because their Con mod is multiplied by their HD, they get a very solid boost at higher levels.  I was thinking of a way to boost damage on a per-damage die basis for DD spells.

The idea is to add a bonus to the damage per damage die of the spell.  This bonus damage would be the spell's level plus one, divided by two (or spell's level, divided by two, round up).  So, 1st level spells would add 1 point per damage die, 1 point for 2nd level spells, 2 points for 3rd level spells, etc, but capped at the casting stat mod.  The bonus per spell level would be:
[spoiler=bonus spell damage]
Spell   Bonus damage
level   per die
3       +2
4       +2
5       +3
6       +3
7       +4
8       +4
9       +5
[/spoiler]

So a few examples:

A 12th level wizard casts Fireball for 10d6+20 (+2 per die for a 3rd level spell).  The same wizard casts Cone of Cold for 12d6+36 (+3 per die) and Magic Missle for 5d4+10 (an additional +5 on top of what Magic Missile normally does).

Add additional abilities based on the damage type of the spell.  This part is still just brainstorming, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what I'm thinking (some from Ubernoob):

[fire] On a failed save the target catches fire (taking spell level d6 fire damage each round) for a number of rounds equal to half the spell's level (minimum 1). It requires a full-round action (provoke AoO) to extinguish the flames.

[cold] On a failed save the target takes a penalty to your Strength score equal to the spell's level, but this cannot reduce your Strength score below 1.  This penalty overlaps with other Str penalties from other cold spells.  The penalty lasts for a number of rounds equal to the spell's level.

[acid] On a failed save, the target becomes sickened for a number of rounds equal to the spell's level.

[electric] On a failed save the target takes a penalty to your Dexterity score equal to the spell's level, but this cannot reduce your Dexterity score below 1.  This penalty overlaps with other Dex penalties from other electric spells.  The penalty lasts for a number of rounds equal to the spell's level.

[sonic] On a failed save the target is deafened for a number of rounds equal to half the spell's level (minimum 1).

[Force] On a failed save, small and smaller creatures are knocked prone.  Higher level spells are capable of knocking larger creatures prone, per the table below:
       spell    creature
       level    size
       5-6      huge and smaller
       7-8      gargantuan and smaller
       9        colossal and smaller

Save or Dies
All save or dies take a full round to cast (not to be confused with a full-round action), assuming the casting time isn't already longer.

The simple fix is to increase the setup time for the spell.  Give the opponents a chance to react, so it's not a simple "roll a d20 or die!".  Now tactics come into play.

Crowd Control
Crowd control is somewhat of a large category.  This can be broken down into other types, such as debuffs, terrain modification, and save-or-lose spells.  Now, it's the SoLs that are the most potent, generally speaking, as they can often have the same effect as an SoD.  Any spell that would impose a status on a target that limits the actions they can take is more potent than one that merely gives a penalty.  So, any spell that gives any of the following conditions to the target will have a casting time of one full round (assuming the casting time isn't already longer):[/color]
  • Blinded
  • Confused
  • Dazed
  • Disabled
  • Dying
  • Fascinated
  • Frightened
  • Helpless
  • Nauseated
  • Panicked
  • Paralyzed
  • Petrified
  • Staggered
  • Stunned
  • Unconscious

Spells with a Casting Time of an Entire Round

Once the caster decides to cast a spell with a casting time of one full round, he cannot change the spell, although, he can opt to stop casting before the spell goes off and save the spell slot.  The target/AoE does not need to be picked until the spell goes off, so the caster can dynamically target as needed.  If no valid target is available (or desirable), then the caster can dismiss the spell at the last minute.

Cantrips and Orisons

Casters gain unlimited daily use of their 0-level spells.  In addition, the direct damage cantrips gain a small, non-scaling boost to damage, to make them useful at low levels.  Being 0-level spells, they would not gain any bonus damage from the previous changes to direct damage spells.  Also, they will not gain any special secondary effects for their energy type.  Each of these spells has a range of close and requires a ranged touch attack to hit.

Acid Splash - 1d6 acid damage.
Electric Jolt - 1d6 electric damage.
Finger of Flame - 1d6 fire damage.
Force Ball - 1d3 force damage.
Ray of Frost - 1d6 cold damage.
Sonic Snap - 1d4 sonic damage.

(Some of these could be renamed)

Do note that this change would make unlimited healing available to several casters quite easily through Cure Minor Wounds.  This healing would be slow (one point per round), so it would only be useful out of combat, like most other existing, unlimited healing tricks.  For DMs who think this is a problem, or feel that it ruins the pace of the game, it can be house ruled easily enough.  Only allow CMW to work if the target is either at 0 HP or lower, or if the target is below half HP.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:07:46 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Modified Spell Lists
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:49 PM »
Cleric Domains

[spoiler=Cleric]
Level 0
Create Water
Cure Minor Wounds
Detect Magic
Detect Poison
Guidance
Inflict Minor Wounds
Light
Mending
Purify Food and Drink
Read Magic
Resistance
Virtue

Level 1
Bane
Bless
Bless Water
Cure Light Wounds
Curse Water
Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law
Detect Undead
Endure Elements
Inflict Light Wounds
Magic Weapon
Remove Fear
Shield of Faith

Level 2Level 3
Consecrate
Create Food and Water
Cure Serious Wounds
Desecrate
Hold Person
Inflict Serious Wounds
Prayer
Remove Blindness/Deafness
Remove Disease
Speak with Dead

Level 4
Bestow Curse
Cure Critical Wounds
Dismissal
Dispel Magic
Inflict Critical Wounds
Magic Weapon, Greater
Neutralize Poison
Planar Ally, Lesser
Remove Curse
Restoration
Tongues

Level 5
Atonement
Commune
Cure Light Wounds, Mass
Death Ward
Inflict Light Wounds, Mass
Raise Dead
Slay Living

Level 6Level 7
Cure Serious Wounds, Mass
Destruction
Dispel Magic, Greater
Inflict Serious Wounds, Mass
Regenerate
Restoration, Greater
Resurrection

Level 8
Cure Critical Wounds, Mass
Inflict Critical Wounds, Mass
Planar Ally, Greater

Level 9
Heal, Mass
Miracle
Soul Bind
True Resurrection[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Air]
Granted Power
  • You no longer need to breathe. 
  • You may cast Feather Fall (self only) at will as an immediate action.
  • At Level 10, you gain a fly speed equal to your base land speed (perfect maneuverability). 
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (air).
Alternative Turn Undead Option
As normal except you turn earth creatures as undead and heal air creatures as living creatures.

Level 1
Jet of Steam CM
Obscuring Mist
Summon Monster I (Air subtype only)

Level 2
Fog Cloud
Summon Monster II (Air subtype only)
Wind Wall

Level 3
Call Lightning
Summon Monster III (Air subtype only)
Water Breathing

Level 4
Air Walk
Solid Fog
Summon Monster IV (Air subtype only)

Level 5
Call Lightning Storm
Control Winds
Summon Monster V (Air subtype only)

Level 6
Chain Lightning
Summon Monster VI (Air subtype only)
Wind Walk

Level 7
Acid Fog
Control Weather
Summon Monster VII (Air subtype only)

Level 8
Reverse Gravity
Summon Monster VIII (Air subtype only)
Whirlwind

Level 9
Elemental Swarm (Air subtype only)
Storm of Vengeance
Summon Monster IX (Air subtype only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Animal]
Granted Power
  • You gain an animal companion like a druid.
Heal 1d6 damage per cleric level to all animals within 30 feet.  Any hit points healed above the animal's maximum are added as temporary hit points.  The animal cannot gain more temporary hit points in this fashion than their maximum hit points.  These temporary hit points last for one hour.

Level 1
Charm Animal
Magic Fang
Summon Nature’s Ally I (Animals only)

Level 2
Animal Trance
Hold Animal
Summon Nature’s Ally II (Animals only)

Level 3
Dominate Animal
Poison
Summon Nature’s Ally III (Animals only)

Level 4
Giant Vermin
Repel Vermin
Summon Nature’s Ally IV (Animals only)

Level 5
Animal Growth
Awaken
Summon Nature’s Ally V (Animals only)

Level 6
Antilife Shell
Insect Plague
Summon Nature’s Ally VI (Animals only)

Level 7
Animal Shapes
Aura of Vitality SC
Summon Nature’s Ally VII (Animals only)

Level 8
Awaken, Mass SC
Phantom Wolf SC
Summon Nature’s Ally VIII (Animals only)

Level 9
Nature's Avatar SC
Phantom Bear SC
Shapechange (Animals only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chaos]
Granted Power
  • You gain damage reduction overcome by lawful weapons equal to half your cleric level.
  • Your melee attacks are considered chaotic aligned for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (chaotic).
As normal except you turn lawful outsiders as undead and heal chaotic outsiders as living creatures.

Level 1
Cause Fear
Protection from Law
Summon Monster I (Chaotic subtype only)

Level 2
Align Weapon
Shatter
Summon Monster II (Chaotic subtype only)

Level 3
Displacement
Magic Circle Law
Summon Monster III (Chaotic subtype only)

Level 4
Chaos Hammer
Confusion
Summon Monster IV (Chaotic subtype only)

Level 5
Baleful Polymorph
Dispel Law
Summon Monster V (Chaotic subtype only)

Level 6
Animate Objects
Forbiddance
Summon Monster VI (Chaotic subtype only)

Level 7
Insanity
Summon Monster VII (Chaotic subtype only)
Word of Chaos

Level 8
Cloak of Chaos
Summon Monster VIII (Chaotic subtype only)
Symbol of Insanity

Level 9
Maze
Scintillating Pattern
Summon Monster IX (Chaotic subtype only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Death]
Granted Power
  • You gain resistance to negative energy damage (such as from an Inflict spell) equal to your cleric level.  Alternately, if you are healed by negative energy, you gain an equal amount of resistance to positive energy (such as from Cure spells).  It is possible for this resistance to change, such as if you become undead or take the Tomb-Tainted Soul feat.
  • At 10th level, once per day if you would otherwise be killed by a death effect or negative energy effect (such as negative levels), you can ignore the effect entirely.
You may spend an additional bolster undead use to increase the damage you roll for that turn attempt.  Each target that fails their Will save takes one-and-a-half times the damage you roll.  Targets still only take half damage on a successful Will save.  This extra damage only applies when damaging living creatures, and not to healing undead.

Level 1
Cause Fear
Doom
Summon Undead I SC

Level 2
Command Undead
Ghoul Touch
Summon Undead II SC

Level 3
Animate Dead
Summon Undead III SC
Vampiric Touch

Level 4
Death Ward
Enervation
Summon Undead VI SC

Level 5
Fear
Summon Undead V SC
Symbol of Pain

Level 6
Circle of Death
Create Undead
Symbol of Fear

Level 7
Finger of Death
Plague PHB2
Waves of Exhaustion

Level 8
Create Greater Undead
Horrid Wilting
Symbol of Death

Level 9
Energy Drain
Soul Bind
Wail of the Banshee[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Destruction]
Granted Power
  • Your physical attacks ignore an amount of hardness and damage reduction equal to half your cleric level.
You deal 1d6 damage per cleric level to all non-magical objects and constructs within 30 feet.  Attended objects and constructs are allowed a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + Cha mod) for half damage.

Level 1
Burning Rage PHB2
Enlarge Person
Orb of Acid, Lesser SC

Level 2
Battering Ram SC
Shatter
Warp Wood

Level 3
Acid Breath SC
Contagion
Explosive Runes

Level 4
Enlarge Person, Mass
Ice Storm
Orb of Acid SC

Level 5
Acid Sheath SC
Contagion, Mass SC
Insect Plague

Level 6
Acid Storm SC
Disintegrate
Lingering Flames CM

Level 7
Slime Wave SC
Storm of Elemental Fury SC
Wrack Earth PHB2

Level 8
Earthquake
Incendiary Cloud
Plague PHB2

Level 9
Implosion
Meteor Swarm
Storm of Vengeance[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Earth]
Granted Power
  • You gain the stability ability of a dwarf.  If you already have this ability, the bonus increases from +4 to +8.
  • Any spell you cast that heals hit point damage can be used to heal stone objects, stone-based creatures, and creatures with the Earth subtype.
  • At 10th level, you gain a burrow speed equal to your base land speed, and may burrow through solid stone.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (earth).
  • At 20th level, you gain the earth glide ability, with a speed equal to your base land speed.
As normal except you turn air creatures as undead and heal earth creatures as living creatures.

Level 1
Hail of Stone SC
Magic Stone
Summon Monster I (Earth subtype only)

Level 2
Shatter
Soften Earth and Stone
Summon Monster II (Earth subtype only)

Level 3
Meld into Stone
Stone Shape
Summon Monster III (Earth subtype only)

Level 4
Spike Stones
Stoneskin
Summon Monster IV (Earth subtype only)

Level 5
Summon Monster V (Earth subtype only)
Transmute Rock to Mud
Wall of Stone

Level 6
Flesh to Stone
Stone to Flesh
Summon Monster VI (Earth subtype only)

Level 7
Earthquake
Stone Tell
Summon Monster VII (Earth subtype only)

Level 8
Polymorph Any Object (into stone only)
Repel Metal or Stone
Summon Monster VIII (Earth subtype only)

Level 9
Elemental Swarm (Earth subtype only)
Meteor Swarm
Summon Monster IX (Earth subtype only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Evil]
Granted Power
  • You gain damage reduction overcome by good weapons equal to half your cleric level.
  • Your melee attacks are considered evil aligned for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (evil).
As normal except you turn good outsiders as undead and heal evil outsiders as living creatures.

Level 1
Doom
Protection from Good
Summon Monster I (Evil subtype only)

Level 2
Align Weapon
Desecrate
Summon Monster II (Evil subtype only)

Level 3
Bestow Curse
Magic Circle against Good
Summon Monster III (Evil subtype only)

Level 4
Fear
Summon Monster IV (Evil subtype only)
Unholy Blight

Level 5
Dispel Good
Summon Monster V (Evil subtype only)
Unhallow

Level 6
Create Undead
Forbiddance
Summon Monster VI (Evil subtype only)

Level 7
Blasphemy
Circle of Death
Summon Monster VII (Evil subtype only)

Level 8
Create Greater Undead
Summon Monster VIII (Evil subtype only)
Unholy Aura

Level 9
Energy Drain
Summon Monster IX (Evil subtype only)
Wail of the Banshee[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fire]
Granted Power
  • You gain fire resistance equal to your cleric level. 
  • At 10th level, you may alter the damage of any spell you cast with the [fire] descriptor, so that half of the damage is fire, and the other half is divine energy not subject to fire resistance or immunity.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (fire).
  • At 20th level, you are immune to fire.
As normal except you turn water creatures as undead and heal fire creatures as living creatures.

Level 1
Burning Hands
Produce Flame
Summon Monster I (Fire subtype only)

Level 2
Flame Blade
Scorching Ray
Summon Monster II (Fire subtype only)

Level 3
Fireball
Resist Energy
Summon Monster III (Fire subtype only)

Level 4
Fire Shield
Summon Monster IV (Fire subtype only)
Wall of Fire

Level 5
Fire and Brimstone CM
Flame Strike
Summon Monster V (Fire subtype only)

Level 6
Fire Seeds
Fires of Purity SC
Summon Monster VI (Fire subtype only)

Level 7
Delayed Blast Fireball
Fire Storm
Summon Monster VII (Fire subtype only)

Level 8
Incendiary Cloud
Summon Monster VIII (Fire subtype only)
Emerald Flame Fist SC

Level 9
Elemental Swarm (Fire subtype only)
Meteor Swarm
Summon Monster IX (Fire subtype only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Good]
Granted Power
  • You gain damage reduction overcome by evil weapons equal to half your cleric level.
  • Your melee attacks are considered good aligned for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (good).
As normal except you turn evil outsiders as undead and heal good outsiders as living creatures.

Level 1
Protection from Evil
Remove Fear
Summon Monster I (Good subtype only)

Level 2
Align Weapon
Consecrate
Summon Monster II (Good subtype only)

Level 3
Cloak of Bravery SC
Magic Circle against Evil
Summon Monster III (Good subtype only)

Level 4
Death Ward
Summon Monster IV (Good subtype only)
Undead Bane Weapon SC

Level 5
Dispel Evil
Hallow
Summon Monster V (Good subtype only)

Level 6
Forbiddance
Summon Monster VI (Good subtype only)
Undeath to Death

Level 7
Holy Word
Holy Star SC
Summon Monster VII (Good subtype only)

Level 8
Crown of Glory SC
Holy Aura
Summon Monster VIII (Good subtype only)

Level 9
Heavenly Host SCSC[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Healing]
Granted Power
  • You may cast any Cure spell as a swift.  Some Cure spells you cast also have additional effects, both in the single and mass versions:

o   Cure Moderate Wounds - in addition to healing HP damage, 1d4 ability damage is healed.
o   Cure Serious Wounds - in addition to healing HP damage, 1d6 ability damage is healed.  Fatigue is removed and exhaustion is reduced to fatigue.
o   Cure Critical Wounds - in addition to healing HP damage, 1d8 ability damage or drain is healed.  Fatigue and exhaustion are removed.

Heal all living creatures within 30 feet 1d6 damage per cleric level.  Each creature heals up to one point of ability damage per cleric level, split among several abilities however they choose.  You do not heal yourself with this ability (although you could get healed if another cleric used this ability on you).[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Knowledge]
Granted Power
  • Add all Knowledge skills as class skills.
You grant a target a competence bonus to a single skill equal to two plus an additional point per three cleric levels, and the target can use the skill untrained.  The target must be within 30 feet of you.  This benefit lasts a number of minutes equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum of one).

Level 1
Comprehend Languages
Identify
True Strike

Level 2
Augury
Find Traps
Zone of Truth

Level 3
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance
Invisibility Purge
Speak with Dead

Level 4
Discern Lies
Divination
Locate Object

Level 5
Contact Other Plane
Scrying
True Seeing

Level 6
Analyze Dweomer
Find the Path
Prying Eyes

Level 7
Legend Lore
Probe Thoughts SC
Scrying, Greater

Level 8
Discern Location
Moment of Prescience
Vision

Level 9
Foresight
Hindsight SC
Prying Eyes, Greater[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Law]
Granted Power
  • You gain damage reduction overcome by chaotic weapons equal to half your cleric level. 
  • Your melee attacks are considered lawful aligned for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (lawful).
As normal except you turn chaotic outsiders as undead and heal lawful outsiders as living creatures.

Level 1
Command
Protection from Chaos
Summon Monster I (Lawful subtype only)

Level 2
Align Weapon
Hold Person
Summon Monster II (Lawful subtype only)

Level 3SC
Magic Circle against Chaos
Summon Monster III (Lawful subtype only)

Level 4Level 5
Dispel Chaos
Mark of Justice
Summon Monster V (Lawful subtype only)

Level 6
Forbiddance
Hold Monster
Summon Monster VI (Lawful subtype only)

Level 7
Call Kolyarut SC
Dictum
Summon Monster VII (Lawful subtype only)

Level 8
Shield of Law
Summon Monster VIII (Lawful subtype only)
Power Word Stun

Level 9
Call Marut SC
Imprisonment
Summon Monster IX (Lawful subtype only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Luck]
Granted Power
  • Once per encounter, as an immediate action, you can reroll any d20 roll or have anyone within 30 feet of you reroll any d20 roll.  You must make the decision before you know if the roll was successful or not, and you must accept the second result.
You grant a target a sacred or profane bonus to their saving throws equal to one plus an additional point per three cleric levels.  The target must be within 30 feet of you.  This benefit lasts a number of minutes equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum of one) for each creature, or until it rolls its first saving throw, whichever comes first.

Level 1
Entropic Shield
Sign SC
True Strike

Level 2
Aid
Curse of Ill Fortune SC
Resist Energy

Level 3
Aid, Mass SC
Alter Fortune PHB2
Protection from Energy

Level 4
Blindsight, Greater SC
Freedom of Movement
Resistance, Greater SC

Level 5
Bewildering Misfortune CC
Curse of Ill Fortune, Mass SC
Surge of Fortune CC

Level 6
Energy Immunity SC
Mislead
True Seeing

Level 7
Bestow Curse, Greater SC
Fortunate Fate SC
Spell Turning

Level 8
Death Pact SC
Mind Blank
Moment of Prescience

Level 9
Foresight
Freedom
Reaving Dispel SC[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Magic]
Granted Power
  • You gain a sacred or profane bonus to saving throws and your touch armor class against spells and spell-like abilities equal to one plus an additional point per three cleric levels.
  • You use scrolls, wands, and other devices with spell completion or spell trigger activation as a wizard of one-half your cleric level (at least 1st level). For the purpose of using a scroll or other magic device, if you are also a wizard, actual wizard levels and these effective wizard levels stack.
You can use a turn undead attempt to counter a spell.  You must make an opposed caster level check as if countering with Dispel Magic.

Level 1
Identify
Magic Aura
Magic Missile

Level 2
Detect Thoughts
Obscure Object
See Invisibility

Level 3
Arcane Sight
Dispel Magic
Magic Weapon, Greater

Level 4
Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser
Imbue with Spell Ability
Spell Immunity

Level 5
Break Enchantment
Scrying
Spell Resistance

Level 6
Antimagic Field
Dispel Magic, Greater
Globe of Invulnerability

Level 7
Arcane Sight, Greater
Scrying, Greater
Spell Turning

Level 8
Protection from Spells
Spell Immunity, Greater
Temporal Stasis

Level 9
Freedom
Imprisonment
Time Stop[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Plant]
Granted Power
  • You gain a 25% chance to ignore extra damage from critical hits, sneak attacks, and other precision damage and you gain a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws against poison. 
  • At 7th level, the percentage chance increases to 50% and the resistance bonus increases to +4. 
  • At 14th level, the percentage chance increases to 75% and the resistance bonus increases to +6. 
  • At 20th level, your type changes to plant, and you gain the appropriate immunities.
Heal 1d6 damage per cleric level to all plants within 30 feet.  Any hit points healed above the plant's maximum are added as temporary hit points.  The plant cannot gain more temporary hit points in this fashion than their maximum hit points.  These temporary hit points last for one hour.

Level 1
Entangle
Pass without Trace
Summon Nature’s Ally I (Plants only)

Level 2
Barkskin
Summon Nature’s Ally II (Plants only)
Warp Wood

Level 3
Plant Growth
Spike Growth
Summon Nature’s Ally III (Plants only)

Level 4
Command Plants
Poison
Summon Nature’s Ally IV (Plants only)

Level 5
Awaken
Summon Nature’s Ally V (Plants only)
Wall of Thorns

Level 6
Liveoak
Repel Wood
Summon Nature’s Ally VI (Plants only)

Level 7
Animate Plants
Changestaff
Summon Nature’s Ally VII (Plants only)

Level 8
Control Plants
Summon Nature’s Ally VIII (Plants only)
Transport via Plants

Level 9
Deadfall SC
Shambler
Summon Monster IX (Plants only)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Protection]
Granted Power
  • Once per encounter, as an immediate action, you can prevent up to 1d6 damage per cleric level to any ally within 30 feet of you for a single attack.  This is applied before any damage reduction or energy resistances.
You grant a target a special protective field that lasts up to one hour, or until dispelled.  Each target can only have one such field at any given time.  As an immediate action, the target can discharge their field to grant a +10 sacred or profane bonus to either their Armor Class (including touch AC) or to their saving throws.  This bonus lasts for one round.

Level 1
Entropic Shield
Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law
Sanctuary

Level 2
Barkskin
Resist Energy
Shield Other

Level 3
Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law
Magic Vestment
Protection from Energy

Level 4
Death Ward
Spell Immunity
Stoneskin

Level 5
Break Enchantment
Spell Resistance
Wall of Force

Level 6
Antimagic Field
Glyph of Warding, Greater
Repulsion

Level 7
Fortunate Fate SC
Refuge
Spell Turning

Level 8
Dimensional Lock
Mind Blank
Spell Immunity, Greater

Level 9
Death Ward, Mass SC
Prismatic Sphere
Protection from Spells[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Strength]
Granted Power
  • At 2nd level, you gain a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength.  This bonus increases by an additional +2 every four levels thereafter, to a maximum of +10 at 18th level.
You grant a target an enhancement bonus to their Strength equal to your cleric level.  The target must be within 30 feet of you.  This benefit lasts a number of minutes equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum of one).

Level 1
Beastland Ferocity SC
Enlarge Person
Vigor, Lesser SC

Level 2
Bear’s Endurance
Bull’s Strength
Mountain Stance SC

Level 3
Giant’s Wrath SC
Lion’s Charge SC
Vigor SC

Level 4
Divine Power
Languor SC
Sheltered Vitality SC

Level 5
Righteous Might
Stoneskin
Vigor, Greater SC

Level 6
Bear’s Endurance, Mass
Bull’s Strength, Mass
Vigorous Circle SC

Level 7
Aura of Vitality SC
Bigby’s Grasping Hand
Tenser’s Transformation

Level 8
Bigby’s Clenched Fist
Lion’s Roar SC
Unyielding Form of Inevitable Death CM

Level 9
Bigby’s Crushing Hand
Dragonshape PHB2
Summon Golem PHB2[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Sun]
Granted Power
  • Any  undead creature you attempt to turn suffers a -2 penalty on their saving throws against the turn attempt.
  • At level 10, you can see normally in all forms of darkness, including magical darkness.
  • At 10th level, your turn undead attempts ignore any turn resistance the creature might have.
Your turn attempt deals normal damage to undead creatures but does not heal living creatures.  Also, all undead creatures in the area are treated as if they are in direct sunlight for one round.

Level 1
Color Spray
Faerie Fire
Produce Flame

Level 2
Continual Flame
Flaming Sphere
Heat Metal

Level 3
Blindness (not Deafness)
Daylight
Searing Light

Level 4
Fire Shield
Rainbow Pattern
Summon Monster IV (Lantern Archon only)

Level 5
Blistering Radiance SC
Flame Strike
Prismatic Ray SC

Level 6
Fire Seeds
True Seeing
Undeath to Death

Level 7
Power Word Blind
Prismatic Spray
Sunbeam

Level 8
Prismatic Wall
Scintillating Pattern
Sunburst

Level 9
Meteor Swarm
Prismatic Sphere
Storm of Vengeance[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Travel]
Granted Power
  • You may teleport a distance equal to your base movement as a swift action once per day, plus an additional time per three cleric levels.  You can only take yourself, and any objects carried up to your maximum load.
You grant a speed increase to a number of targets equal to your cleric level, all of whom must be within 30 feet of you.  All of the creature’s movement speeds increase by ten feet plus an additional five feet per three cleric levels.  This benefit lasts a number of minutes equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum of one).

Level 1
Expeditious Retreat
Jump
Longstrider

Level 2
Cat’s Grace
Levitate
Spider Climb

Level 3
Fly
Haste
Slow

Level 4
Dimensional Anchor
Dimension Door
Freedom of Movement

Level 5
Overland Flight
Plane Shift
Teleport

Level 6
Cat’s Grace, Mass
Find the Path
Word of Recall

Level 7
Ethereal Jaunt
Refuge
Teleport, Greater

Level 8
Dimensional Lock
Discern Location
Phase Door

Level 9
Astral Projection
Gate
Teleportation Circle[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Trickery]
Granted Power
  • Add Bluff, Disguise, Hide, and Move Silently as class skills.
Alternative Turn Undead OptionLevel 1
Color Spray
Disguise Self
Silent Image

Level 2Level 3
Blindness/Deafness
Deeper Darkness
Nondetection

Level 4
Confusion
Freedom of Movement
Illusory Wall

Level 5
False Vision
Persistent Image
True Seeing

Level 6
Animate Objects
Mislead
Word of Recall

Level 7
Ethereal Jaunt
Insanity
Project Image

Level 8
Polymorph Any Object
Scintillating Pattern
Screen

Level 9
Freedom
Imprisonment
Time Stop[/spoiler]
[spoiler=War]
Granted Power
  • At 5th level, and every five levels thereafter, you gain a fighter bonus feat.
As a standard action, you may channel divine energy through a melee attack.  You deal extra damage equal to your cleric level, and gain a sacred or profane bonus to your attack roll equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one).

Level 1SC

Level 2
Align Weapon
Body Blades SC
Spiritual Weapon

Level 3
Heroism
Magic Vestment
Magic Weapon, Greater

Level 4
Delay Death SC
Divine Power
Recitation SC

Level 5
Flame Strike
Righteous Might
Righteous Wrath of the Faithful SC

Level 6
Blade Barrier
Rejection SC
Zealot Pact SC

Level 7
Body of War SC
Brilliant Blade SC
Power Word Blind

Level 8
Brilliant Aura SCSC
Power Word Stun

Level 9
Power Word Kill
Storm of Vengeance
Abyssal Army, Heavenly Host, Hellish Horde, or Summon Elemental Monolith SC (pick one based on alignment)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Water]
Granted Power
  • You gain a swim speed equal to your base land speed.  You can take 10 on swim checks, even when distracted. 
  • You can breathe underwater.
  • At 20th level, your type changes to outsider (water).
As normal except you turn fire creatures as undead and heal water creatures as living creatures.

Level 1
Animate Water SC
Obscuring Mist
Summon Monster I (Water subtype only)

Level 2
Fog Cloud
Quench
Summon Monster II (Water subtype only)

Level 3
Summon Monster III (Water subtype only)
Water Breathing
Water Walk

Level 4
Control Water
Summon Monster IV (Water subtype only)
Wall of Ice

Level 5
Cone of Cold
Ice Storm
Summon Monster V (Water subtype only)

Level 6
Acid Fog
Freezing Sphere
Summon Monster VI (Water subtype only)

Level 7
Cloudkill
Control Weather
Summon Monster VII (Water subtype only)

Level 8
Horrid Wilting
Polar Ray
Summon Monster VIII (Water subtype only)

Level 9
Elemental Swarm (Water subtype only)
Storm of Vengeance
Summon Monster IX (Water subtype only)[/spoiler]

Generalist spell list

The new Sorcerer/Wizard (generalist) list is presented below.  It takes certain "key" spells that only speciliasts should have and removes them.  Other spells are bumped back a level, so that the generalist gets them, but not as early.  Specilaist wizards use the original spell lists for their school of specialization, and this list for all other non-prohibited schools.

[spoiler=Level 1]1st

Abjur
Alarm
Endure Elements
Hold Portal
Karmic Aura CM

Conj
Mage Armor
Mount
Obscuring Mist
Resinous Tar CM
Summon Component CM
Unseen Servant

Div
Comprehend Languages
True Casting CM
True Strike
Vigilant Slumber CM

Ench
Charm Person

Evoc
Burning Hands
Dawnburst CM
Jet of Steam CM
Magic Missile
Shocking Grasp
Tenser's Floating Disk

Illus
Disguise Self
Silent Image

Necro
Cause Fear
Death's Call CM
Reaving Aura CM

Trans
Animate Rope
Enlarge/Reduce Person
Erase
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall
Jump[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 2]2nd

Abjur
Arcane Lock
Attentive Alarm CM
Obscure Object
Protection from Arrows
Resist Energy

Conj
Fog Cloud
Grease
Melf's Acid Arrow
Summon Monster I

Div
Allied Footsteps CM
See Invisibility

Ench
Daze Monster
Hypnotism
Torrent of Tears CM

Evoc
Continual Flame
Darkness/Daylight
Flaming Sphere
Gust of Wind
Luminous Swarm CM
Scorching Ray
Shatter

Illus
Blur
Color Spray
Invisibility
Minor Image
Misdirection

Necro
Blindness/Deafness
False Life
Ray of Enfeeblement
Scare

Trans
Boiling Blood CM
Darkvision
Heart of Air CM
Knock
Levitate
Pyrotechnics
Spider Climb
Whispering Wind[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 3]3rd

Abjur
Arcane Turmoil CM
Karmic Backlash CM
Nondetection
Protection from Energy

Conj
Glitterdust
Incendiary Slime CM
Phantom Steed
Sepia Snake Sigil
Sleet Storm
Summon Monster II
Summon Swarm
Web

Div
Enduring Scrutiny CM
Spellcaster's Bane CM
Tongues

Ench
Bothersome Babble CM
Deep Slumber
Heroism
Hold Person
Touch of Idiocy

Evoc
Fireball
Ghost Lantern CM
Lightning Bolt
Wind Wall

Illus
Deceptive Facade CM
Hood of the Cobra CM
Hypnotic Pattern
Major Image
Mask of the Ideal CM
Pall of Twilight CM

Necro
Escalating Enfeeblement CM
Prickling Torment CM
Ray of Exhaustion

Trans
Animate Weapon CM
Blink
Fly
Haste
Heart of Water CM
Slow[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 4]4th

Abjur
Dimensional Anchor
Dispel Magic
Otiluke's Suppressing Field CM
Tenacious Dispelling CM

Conj
Caustic Smoke CM
Dimension Door
Solid Fog
Stinking Cloud
Summon Monster III

Div
Arcane Eye

Ench
Charm Monster
Crushing Despair
Melf's Slumber Arrows CM

Evoc
Fire Shield
Ice Storm
Incediary Surge CM
Shout

Illus
Greater Invisibility
Nightmare Terrain CM

Necro
Bestow Curse
Contagion
Fear
Finger of Agony CM
Horrid Sickness CM
Touch of Years CM

Trans
Heart of Earth CM
Mass Enlarge/Reduce Person
Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer
Rebirth of Iron CM
Rusted Blade CM[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 5]5th

Abjur
Dismissal

Conj
Caustic Mire CM
Dimension Jumper CM
Fire and Brimstone CM
Minor Creation
Summon Monster IV
Teleport

Div
Detect Scrying
Prying Eyes

Ench
Hold Monster
Symbol of Sleep

Evoc
Bigby's Interposing Hand
Channeled Sonic Blast CM
Coat of Arms CM
Cone of Cold
Otiluke's Resilient Sphere
Resounding Thunder CM

Illus
Dream
False Vision
Fever Dream CM
Nightmare
Persistent Image
Retributive Image CM

Necro
Blight
Channeled Lifetheft CM
Cryptwarden's Grasp CM
Touch of Vecna CM
Waves of Fatigue

Trans
Heart of Fire CM
Lightning Leap CM
Overland Flight
Passwall
Telekinesis[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 6]6th

Abjur
Antimagic Field
Karmic Retribution CM
Repulsion

Conj
Cloudkill
Familiar Refuge CM
Mordenkainen's Trusted Bloodhound CM
Steal Summoning CM
Summon Monster V
Tactical Teleportation CM

Div
True Seeing

Ench
Dominate Person
Endless Slumber CM
Greater Heroism
Symbol of Persuasion

Evoc
Bigby's Forceful Hand
Chain Lightning
Lingering Flames CM
Otiluke's Freezing Sphere
Storm of Fire and Ice CM
Wall of Force

Illus
Permanent Image
Programmed Image

Necro
Eyebite
Symbol of Fear

Trans
Control Water
Flesh to Stone
Mordenkainen's Lucubration
Smoky Confignement CM

Univ
Permanency
Rary's Arcane Conversation CM[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 7]7th

Abjur
Banishment
Energy Absoption CM
Greater Dispel Magic
Sequester

Conj
Acid Fog
Choking Cobwebs CM
Drawmij's Instant Summons
Phase Door
Plane Shift
Greater Teleport
Summon Monster VI
Teleport Object

Div

Ench
Mass Hold Person
Power Word Blind

Evoc
Bigby's Grasping Hand
Mordenkainen's Sword
Prismatic Spray

Illus
Mass Invisibility

Necro
Finger of Death
Necrotic Curse CM
Waves of Exhaustion

Trans
Adamantine Wings CM
Control Weather
Disintegrate[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 8]8th

Abjur
Mysterious Redirection CM
Protection from Spells
Spell Turning

Conj
Deadly Lahar CM
Incendiary Cloud
Summon Monster VII

Div
Greater Prying Eyes
Moment of Prescience

Ench
Demand
Mass Charm Monster
Power Word Stun

Evoc
Bigby's Clenched Fist
Delayed Blast Fireball
Otiluke's Telekinetic Sphere
Polar Ray

Illus
Scintillating Pattern

Necro
Horrid Wilting
Touch of the Graveborn CM

Trans
Ethereal Jaunt[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Level 9]9th

Abjur
Dimensional Lock
Imrpisonment

Conj
Dimension Jumper, Greater CM
Gate
Genius Loci CM
Refuge
Summon Monster VIII
Towering Thunderhead CM

Div

Ench
Mass Hold Monster

Evoc
Bigby's Crushing Hand
Deadly Sunstroke CM
Lash of Force CM

Illus

Necro
Astral Projection

Trans
Temporal Stasis
Time Stop

Univ
Limited Wish[/spoiler]

CC - Complete Champion
CM - Complete Mage
PHB2 - Player’s Handbook 2
SC - Spell Compendium
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:26:39 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Abusive Psionic Powers
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »
Abusive Psionic Powers

New/Modified Invocations

Below are some new warlock invocations, as well as some modified ones.  Any inovocation flagged (modified) is a modified version of an already-printed invocation.

Blast Shape Invocations

Eldritch Retribution
Least
When someone attacks and successfully damages you with a physical weapon, you may react and attack them with an Eldritch Blast.  You apply this invocation to your Eldtritch Blast as an immediate action.  You can make an Eldritch Blast attack against the opponent who attacked you.  Your attack is resolved after the opponent's.  You cannot apply any Eldritch Essense invocations to this blast.  The target must be within 5 feet per warlock level, to a maximum of 60 feet. 

Eldritch Assault
Lesser
You may make a full attack with your Eldritch Blast this round.

Eldritch Beam, Lesser
Lesser
You turn your Eldritch Blast into a 60 ft. line.  Creatures within this area take normal damage from your Eldritch Blast. A successful reflex save halves this damage.

Eldritch Sphere, Lesser
Lesser
You turn your Eldritch Blast into a sphere. 
Your Eldritch blast becomes a 10ft radius spread with a range of 60ft. Creatures within this area take normal damage from your Eldritch Blast. A successful reflex save halves this damage.

Eldritch Sphere
Greater
You turn your Eldritch Blast into a sphere. 
Your Eldritch blast becomes a 20ft radius spread with a range long (400 feet + 40 feet per level). Creatures within this area take normal damage from your Eldritch Blast. A successful reflex save halves this damage.

Eldritch Beam
Lesser
You turn your Eldritch Blast into a 120 ft. line.  Creatures within this area take normal damage from your Eldritch Blast. A successful reflex save halves this damage.

Eldritch Cone (modified)
Greater
As the normal invocation, except the cone is increased from 30 feet to 60 feet.

Eldritch Essence Invocations

Shocking Blast
Least
Your Eldritch Blast deals electricity damage.  Any opponent damaged must make a Will save or be entangled for one round.  If attacking a target in metal armor, you gain a +3 bonus to the attack roll, and the target suffers a -3 penalty to any saving throw from this eldritch blast (such as the Will save to avoid being entangled, and any Reflex save from a blast shape invocation).

Hellrime Blast (modified)
Lesser
Instead of applying a -2 Dex penalty, Hellrime blast deals 1d3 points of Dex damage to the target.  The damage is healed one minute after.

Shards of Bone
(Lesser Eldritch Essence)
Instead of channeling raw eldritch energy, you shoot out sharp bones and shards of bone.  Your eldritch blast deals slashing and piercing damage and ignores Spell Resistance.  This damage is treated as a magical weapon for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Other Invocations

Inhuman Toughness
Least
Duration: 1 hour
You gain five temporary hit points, plus five more per three warlock levels (to a max of 35 at 18th level).  Note that these temporary hit points overlap with other temporary hit points and do not stack.  For example: a 3rd level warlock uses Inuman Toughness to gain 10 temporary hit points, and gets hit for 6 damage, leaving him with 4.  If he uses Inhuman Toughness a second time, the 10 temporary hitpoints overlap with his previous 4, giving him a total of 10 temporary hit points, and not 14.

Fiendish Form
Greater
Duration: 24 hours
Your form changes, and you take on fiendish traits. 

Your damage reduction warlock class feature becomes cold iron and good or lawful and cold iron.

You gain two claw attacks, which deal 1d6 damage (1d4 for small warlocks and 1d8 for large).  You may attack with each claw at your full bonus, but you do not gain iterative attacks with these claws from a high base attack bonus.  In addition, you can channel your eldritch blast through each claw attack.  While doing so, you cannot apply any Blast Shape invocations.

You gain wings, and can fly at your base speed with average manuverability.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:06:01 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Special Combat Options
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:22 PM »
General Combat

Iterative attacks are all -5 from the BAB, instead of a cumulative -5 penalty.  So, a full BAB attack routine at level 20 would be +20/+15/+15/+15 instead of +20/+15/+10/+5

The following forms of precision damage work against creatures immune to critical hits, but they deal half damage:
  • Sneak Attack
  • Sudden Strike
  • Skirmish
  • Precise Strike

________

Charging:
Per the PHB except:

When determining the line on which you charge, you do not have to take the shortest route to your opponent.  Instead, you may charge in any straight line on which you would threaten your opponent.  You must make your attack when you enter the first square in which you threaten your opponent.  In all other ways, the path you take must still be "open", as described in the PHB.

You may overrun as part of a charge.

Overrun:
You may overrun as part of a charge.

Special Combat Options

Turn Undead
I wanted to make a slightly less clunky mechanic.

Turn Undead
You create a burst of positive energy centered on yourself with a thirty foot radius.  All undead creatures in the area take 1d6 points of damage per Cleric level. A successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 cleric level + Cha mod) halves the damage.  All living creatures in the area are ]healed the same amount (Will save for half, harmless).  You are not affected by your own turn attempts.

Undead creatures with Turn Resistance take less damage.  For each point of turn resistance, reduce the number of damage dice by one.  So if a ninth level Cleric (9d6 turn damage normally) would turn a vampire (turn resistance 4), he would roll 4d6 damage less, so he would only deal 5d6 damage to the vampire.

Bolster Undead (replace rebuke undead)
You create a burst of negative energy centered on yourself with a thirty foot radius.  All undead creatures in the area are healed 1d6 points of damage per Cleric level (Will save for half, harmless).  All living creatures in the area take the same amount of damage, with a Will save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 Cleric level + Cha mod).  You are not affected by your own bolster attempts.

Improved Turn Undead
Prerequisite: Ability to turn undead
Benifit: When you turn undead, all undead creatures in the area are dazed for a number of rounds equal to half your Cleric level plus your Cha mod.  If they succeed on the Will save for half damage from turning, they are not dazed.

Rebuke Undead
Prerequisite: Ability to bolster undead
Benifit: When you bolster undead, all undead creatures in the area must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Cleric level + Cha mod) or risk falling under your control.  If your Cleric level is at least double the undead creature's hit dice and it fails its Will save, it is under your mental control.  You may control any number of undead creature's whose total hit dice does not exceed your Cleric level.

Other Rules

Repairing Magical Equipment
If a magical item is destroyed, but can still be physically repaired, then it is possible to restore it's enchantment. 

First, the item must be fully physically repaired to its original masterwork quality.  If the item has been partially or wholy destroyed (disintegrated, burned, disolved, etc), then it cannot be physically repaired.

Second, the enchantment needs to be "repaired".  The broken pieces still contain residual magical energies, so once the item is made whole, those energies need to be refocused to get the item to full working order.  Repairing the enchantment requires the person to have the approriate item creation feat, and any other special creation prerequisites for the specific item.  This repair costs 1/10 of the market price of the item, and 1/25 of that cost in XP.  As usual, the repair takes one day per 1,000 gp of the repair cost.

For example, if a +1 longsword is sundered, and later repaird, the enchantment can be repaired for 200 gp (one tenth the original 2,000 gp cost to enchant it), and would cost 8 XP (1/25 of 200).

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:10:51 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Weapons
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:32 PM »
Weapons
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:23:49 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Armor
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:42 PM »
Armor

Several people have suggested droping specific armors and making three types (light, medium, and heavy).  How about six types?  We could have light and full versions of leather, mail, and plate.  I think this gives us a bit more to work with, but still keeps things simple.  Here's one implamentation:

Light Armors

Type               AC  Dex  ACP  ASF  Cost

Medium Armors*

Type            AC  Dex  ACP  ASF  Cost

Heavy Armors**

Type            AC  Dex  ACP  ASF  Cost

*The penalty for movement in medium armor is that your run speed is x3 instead of x4
**The penalty for movement in heavy armor is both your run speed is x3 instead of x4 and your speed drops depending on your base speed (40 to 30, 30 to 20, 20 to 15).

As for special materials:

Mithril: Per the DMG.

Adamantine: Adamantine armor grants damage reduction overcome by adamantine weapons.  The amount of DR is half (the armor's AC bonus plus its enhancement bonus to AC (if any)), round down.  This bonus is further boosted by +1 for light armor, +2 for medium, and +3 for heavy.

So the numbers would look like:

Light Armors

Type                   AC    Dex  ACP  ASF  special
Mithril light plate    +6     +5   -1  20%

Medium Armors

Type                   AC   Dex  ACP  ASF  special

Heavy Armors

Type                   AC  Dex  ACP   ASF  special

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:29:33 PM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Magic Items
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »
Magic Items

Animated Shield

- The animated shield works as listed in the DMG, except that it only provides the user a shield bonus to their AC.  It cannot be used with any shield based maneuvers, and the user cannot apply the benifits of the Shield Specialization to an animated shield while animated.

Candle of Invocation
- Instead of treating the cleric as two levels higher for purposes of spell preparation, the candle grants the cleric +1 to his caster level for the duration.
- Remove the Gate feature.
- Market price: 4,000 gp

These are the first couple I thought of.  This needs expanding!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 08:48:46 AM by RobbyPants »
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Rebalancing Compendium [Rebalancing 3.5]
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 02:35:35 AM »
True Seeing
Grants +10 on Escape Artist checks for the duration of the spell.  Grants the natural swimmer ability (+8 bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.) if the target does not already have it.

Another option is to change the flat +10 bonus to something based on caster level.
Think you got the name wrong there? :)
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »
True Seeing
Grants +10 on Escape Artist checks for the duration of the spell.  Grants the natural swimmer ability (+8 bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.) if the target does not already have it.

Another option is to change the flat +10 bonus to something based on caster level.
Think you got the name wrong there? :)
Ow.  My pride.  Yes, I fixed it to Freedom of Movement.  I used the wrong name, as both of those spells come up in always-win scenarios.  Good catch.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 03:56:35 PM »
Finally.
 :D Good Times!
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

SiggyDevil

• Hong Kong
  • Magmar, the ultimate butthead
    • Feybook Project
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »
Suggestions:
For Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, and Great Fortitude rather than have X rerolls per day I recommend a 1 reroll per encounter limit.

For Dodge feat it should increase as a character levels up. I mean, that's not very good by mid to later levels... +1 AC doesn't count for much and the feat will probably be retrained out of unless it's the foundation for a chain (wasteful, usually) or PrC.

Skill Focus is +3 in 3.5 by default.

Alertness
should give both Spot AND Listen as class skills, and perhaps grant the Elf "Detect Secret Doors" ability. It's not much as-is.