Author Topic: Rebalancing Compendium [Rebalancing 3.5]  (Read 64998 times)

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Rebalancing Compendium [Rebalancing 3.5]
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »
Added the new sorcerer/wizard class progression in Core Classes.

Added the new (current to date - only contains Core and Complete Mage - will expand later) generalist Sorcerer/Wizard spell list in Spells.

Noted that warlock's Eldritch Blast is 1d6 per class level in Other Classes.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »
I think that the favored soul may have just outstripped the cleric. Unless domain spontaneity is still in, then the favored soul and cleric are about the same.

I don't really like the system of limited known but still prepare. It just feels weird.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
I may have to expand the actual "cleric" protion of the list too.  Right now it only contains core spells.  For the most part, these are spells that didn't make it into a domain.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2009, 09:55:28 AM »
Reformatted core classes a bit.  Added a progression table for the monk.

Added the druid ACF (beastmaster), which swaps shapeshifting for an animal companion.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »
Removed changes to Freedom of Movement, Knock, and Arcane Lock.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
Added changes to mithril and adamantine.

Still need to figure out cost for adamaintine armor...
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Soda

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2009, 01:17:46 AM »
Added changes to mithril and adamantine.

Still need to figure out cost for adamaintine armor...

There's a typo in the adamantine wording. I assume you meant half it's armor bonus as DR.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2009, 09:26:18 AM »
Removed changes to Freedom of Movement, Knock, and Arcane Lock.

Why?
Basically, it resulted in a discussion I had with Sunic and Midnight_V starting in this post of the spells thread and continuing for a while.

The long and the short of it is that Knock is rendered near useless if used as a bonus to Open Lock.  That, and even if it does auto-defeat a lock, you can still only do it so many times per day, and each time you do is taking away from other daily resourses.

Arcane Lock follows the same reasoning as Knock.

As far as Freedom of Movement, this spell will probably help PCs more than hurt them.  It sucks for grapplers, but in general, any one-trick-pony can get themselves in serious trouble without having a backup plan.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »
Did you consider adding the 2pp per psywar level? A minor change that make it a bit more playable without resorting to shennanigans.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

StormingMarcus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • 5o Clone - Italian D&D Forum
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
OMG, that's AWESOME!
I couldn't read anything so far, but the project's goal is great, and i like some bits i've seen.

If and when i'll have more constructive comments to make, i'd reserve them for the specified threads.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »
OMG! A sticky!  Sweet!

I'm curious: did someone request this?  It never occured to me to ask.

Did you consider adding the 2pp per psywar level? A minor change that make it a bit more playable without resorting to shennanigans.
I'll bring it up in the other classes thread...

OMG, that's AWESOME!
I couldn't read anything so far, but the project's goal is great, and i like some bits i've seen.

If and when i'll have more constructive comments to make, i'd reserve them for the specified threads.
Thanks.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
Added a cumulative 2PP per level to the psychic warrior.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2009, 10:38:37 AM »
Fuck yeah.
Probbably by the end of the weekend I'll release my "Perfected Hexblade" wish me luck.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
Fuck yeah.
Probbably by the end of the weekend I'll release my "Perfected Hexblade" wish me luck.
Cool.  I was thinking about working on one in the near future too.

If nothing else, we could always take the "best" of each person's ideas and hopefully end up with a nice class.

At this point, I was thinking about swapping the spells for warlock invocations.  I'm not sure if I want to make the hex as an X/encounter swift action, or as an actual invocation.  Right now I'm leaning toward the former, and you'll probably get new hexes to choose from at higher levels.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »
Fuck yeah.
Cool.  I was thinking about working on one in the near future too.

If nothing else, we could always take the "best" of each person's ideas and hopefully end up with a nice class.

At this point, I was thinking about swapping the spells for warlock invocations.  I'm not sure if I want to make the hex as an X/encounter swift action, or as an actual invocation.  Right now I'm leaning toward the former, and you'll probably get new hexes to choose from at higher levels.

No. No invocations. I want to keep the class using the same original rubric and also to be closer to the Rebalanced Paladin than the Melee Warlock, that seems so popular since those last two major re-writes. 
Still though, gimme till Sunday to submit the finished work, then we'll chop it up. Cool? Always been one of my favorite classes, I think I have a good handle on it...

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »
Added the Studied Precision feat, to allow for full precision damage against crit-immune monsters based on Knowledge skills.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »
Was skimming the Barbarian, and I think Improved Mettle is too good an ability for anyone to have. Many Fort or Will Partial effects have virtually no effect on a successful save; this make such a character nearly immune to an enormous range of abilities. I think, anyway. Has there been an argument about this already that I missed? If so, a reference to it might be easier than retyping why I'm wrong if it's already been shown.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »
I added the rules for repairing magical items to this post, under "Other Rules".
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Soda

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »
Some ideas:

No prereqs on weapon finesse.
'Improved weapon finesse' to add half dex as precision damage
Feat to add half dex to ranged weapons
Feat to grant twf for purposes of sword and board
Cleave to be unlimited, killing great cleave
Light shields to deal 1d6, spiked or not. Heavy to deal 1d8
Light shields up to +2 ac. Heavy shield to +3
Stunning Fist 1/encounter. x/encounter for monk.
Monk: Wis to hit and opposed combat maneuvers