Author Topic: Attention married couples: HAVE SEX MORE OFTEN!  (Read 5471 times)

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
Attention married couples: HAVE SEX MORE OFTEN!
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/05/health/webmd/main4421065.shtml#Post

Some points I'd like to make:

The guy in the story was bitching that him and his wife only had sex 3 times a month.  HOLY FUCKING SHIT!  I've never had sex that often at any point in my life, more like 6-10 times a year when I was married.

Seriously, having sex that often is fucking awesome, if you ask me.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
Re: Attention married couples: HAVE SEX MORE OFTEN!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »
I knew when I saw this story you'd have something to say about it.

The Discussion Thread - Help!
Current Project: The Anteheroes System: 2nd Edition, a quick and tactical modern fantasy system.

Better to be stupid and humble than smart and arrogant. A humble man can change and improve. An arrogant man won't.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
Hey, I'm just trying to put the word out.  Maybe if married people read that and decide to have sex more often, that will make the world a better place and count as positive karma for me.  No woman would ever have sex with me, but I could use positive karma.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:09:55 PM »
Note to self: Turn down less sex (AKA fake it until you make it).
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is for a couple to have sex every day.  They write a book about it?

*reads*

... Oooohhhh.... they were having sex with each other. 

Seriously though- I'm all for a lot of sex.  Like a lot a lot.  But there are days in the month that just aren't meant for it. 
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:28:20 PM »
Yup, ~24 days are good for it. those other 6-7 were designed for... yeah.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

It is those days when I become a vampire.

Current Project: The Anteheroes System: 2nd Edition, a quick and tactical modern fantasy system.

Better to be stupid and humble than smart and arrogant. A humble man can change and improve. An arrogant man won't.

Peaboo

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 11:28:59 PM »
As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight.

/not obscure

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 11:33:36 PM »
I take it you will not be asking Meg for any of her Boob-cards then?

Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 11:35:42 PM »
I clearly meant that I don ray-ban shades and a trenchcoat and go out to LARP.

:monocle
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:38:09 PM by AstralFire »

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture: in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight.

/not obscure
I have no idea what you are talking about.  There are plenty of women that chase.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Josh

• Brilliant Gameologist
  • Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 03:07:39 AM »

/not obscure
What about our new national preoccupation, cougars?

Also, not everyone is preoccupied with breasts.  Some of us like vaginas. 
Ennies Nominees - Best Podcast 2009

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 03:09:34 AM »
I understand Peaboo's rage though.  

But I will say this.  It will come off as callous and insensitive, but I don't know of any other way to express this:  Just because women aren't chasing you doesn't mean they don't chase anybody.

Take this from a guy that's in the same boat, but sometimes, it IS just you, not them.

Peaboo

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 03:16:49 AM »

"Hey Meg, can I grab a boob card." is not a phrase I'd ever get to complete. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. That's what my wife would do to me the second I say "Hey Meg, can I grab a boob- FOOOOM!!!"

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »

That's cool.  I've earned my Red Wings too.

Edit:  Just to let you know, I'm not challenging you.  To gross me out, it would literally take a tale so lurid and graphic that everyone would run screaming from their computer when they read it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:18:20 AM by CountArioch »

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »
I clearly meant that I don ray-ban shades and a trenchcoat and go out to LARP.

:monocle
Did you actually mean that?

Possibly.

Did you clearly mean that?

...ok, seriously... whats the second thing that comes to mind when you say "sex" and "blood" in the same sentence, assuming that the first was rape?

I'm not so picky as to become preoccupied with either vaginas or boobs exclusively to other body parts.  Either way, if there is any reason for me to be perceived as emasculate it's because I'm the nice guy around these parts and, consequently, wind up with more girl friends than girlfriends.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 07:27:22 AM »

I'm not so picky as to become preoccupied with either vaginas or boobs exclusively to other body parts.  Either way, if there is any reason for me to be perceived as emasculate it's because I'm the nice guy around these parts and, consequently, wind up with more girl friends than girlfriends.
Join the club, X *high fives*  :eh
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

AstralFire

• Bi-Curious George
  • Up the Ante
    • The Anteheroes
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »
Did you actually mean that?

Possibly.

Did you clearly mean that?

...ok, seriously... whats the second thing that comes to mind when you say "sex" and "blood" in the same sentence, assuming that the first was rape?

Vampire LARP!

Disclaimer: I haven't LARPed ever. Unless playing pretend when I was 9 counts. And I really hate undead.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 08:19:45 AM »
The guy in the story was bitching that him and his wife only had sex 3 times a month.  HOLY FUCKING SHIT!  I've never had sex that often at any point in my life, more like 6-10 times a year when I was married.

Seriously, having sex that often is fucking awesome, if you ask me.
Wow, that must've sucked...

Handy Links

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 11:17:41 AM »

"Hey Meg, can I grab a boob card." is not a phrase I'd ever get to complete. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. That's what my wife would do to me the second I say "Hey Meg, can I grab a boob- FOOOOM!!!"

Peaboo doesn't need a boob card- he gets to be in their presence every week at our game night!  As does his wife :)

The part though that I like most about that article is that the more you have sex the more you want it.  So in general when people say they are fine with no or little sex, that's probably because they aren't getting a lot.  Those that are a bit more ... encouraging of more sex may just be used to it more often. 

The other huge thing to note is that a lot of times someone (usually the girl) may not be too into it when it first starts getting going, but play along and she'll have just as much fun as otherwise.  So the first reaction of "Not now, I don't feel like it" is crap.
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!