Author Topic: Heroes (No spoilers)  (Read 55421 times)

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
Re: Heroes (No spoilers)
« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2009, 11:24:43 PM »
seems they took a page out of the wheel of time... except its matt and not rand, and matt isnt in anyway matt or rand.. or perrin for that matter..

The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »
I feel about the same with the 3rd episode as I do the 2nd: all in all I liked it and I didn't bang my head against the wall too much.

[spoiler]As Nathan was getting out of the car, I could tell he was going to get ambushed, and I had a feeling the dead girl's mom was behind it when she was with Angela.  I wonder how much Angela suspects anything.  I had half expected to see her killed at Angela's request.

Then I figured that "Nathan" would be okay because Sylar's regeneration should be passive and was surprised to see Sylar pop out of the grave.  I wonder if this frees Matt's brain up?[/spoiler]
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #322 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »
Overall I really liked this episode
[spoiler]I was honestly surprised the single blade to the shoulder kept him out for so long. It was pretty obvious, but it wasn't any less interesting. The spoiler for next episode seems to imply that Sylar's body doesn't remember being Nathan, almost as if he healed that "wound" that Matt injected.

Makes for an interesting twist, because you have Sylar's consciousness in Matt's body, but his power-filled body is running rampant somewhere else.  It does make me wonder what they have planned for the Nathan character though. Will they finally leave him dead? Maybe get Claire to pull some zombification or what?

I really liked the Hiro bit. The expression on his sister's face as he popped back in time compared to Ando's was priceless. :lmao[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2009, 01:51:27 PM »
par for the series.

Anim-manga sux.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #324 on: October 06, 2009, 05:20:22 PM »
Overall I really liked this episode
[spoiler]I was honestly surprised the single blade to the shoulder kept him out for so long. It was pretty obvious, but it wasn't any less interesting. The spoiler for next episode seems to imply that Sylar's body doesn't remember being Nathan, almost as if he healed that "wound" that Matt injected.

Makes for an interesting twist, because you have Sylar's consciousness in Matt's body, but his power-filled body is running rampant somewhere else.  It does make me wonder what they have planned for the Nathan character though. Will they finally leave him dead? Maybe get Claire to pull some zombification or what?

I really liked the Hiro bit. The expression on his sister's face as he popped back in time compared to Ando's was priceless. :lmao[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Good question on the zombie thing.  I'd wondered if Claire could use her blood on someone who's been sufficiently dead and/or embalmed.  I guess only the writers can know...

Before that, I hadn't thought of Matt's ability inflicting an "injury" on Sylar, but it makes sense really.  He has to somehow alter his brain.  Why wouldn't the healing have fixed that?  Bah...[/spoiler]

Heroes = Acceptable Break From Reality... well, hopefully acceptable. :p
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
[/spoiler]

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #325 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:16 AM »
Interesting.

[spoiler]I had a feeling Gretchen had a thing for Claire, so that was no real surprise.  I was surprised by the invisible carnie, though.  Up until this point, I had figured that Gretchen wasn't intentionally doing anything, but I'd wondered if she had some weird, undiscoverd power that would make bad things happen when she was mad.

Someone elsewhere pointed out that "Nathan" and Sylar were wearing different clothes at the point when he was shot and when he came out of the ground.  I'll admit I didn't really pay attention.

I'm sure he'll make a wonderful addition to the "family" at the carnival.  :smirk[/spoiler]
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #326 on: October 13, 2009, 11:20:30 AM »
I thought almost the same thing as Robby, only I figured intent. All though that explains why she choose Claire.

I have to admit, I like this 'nerf' better.
[spoiler]Wipe Sylar's memories and he no longer remembers the arsenal of powers he has.
No only can you squeeze character development out of it but you can recycle him learning old powers, kinda like they tried with Peter before the strike. In fact I wouldn't doubt if they recycled prestrike ideas into this plot line but I suppose theres no way of knowing if they did.

So my next guess on what's to come. The Carnie is at some point going to try keeping Matt away from Sylar's body. And when Sylar does merge he'll attempt to acquire everyone's power in the carnival as part of his revenge for being used. Given that this is the mostly likely play, it's not going to happen. So instead Peter will go back in time and fail to res Nathan for a show or two, then after getting bored with that another twist will be thrown in that no one expects but afterwards it will be so expected due to being completely justified.[/spoiler]
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2009, 12:03:59 PM »
Is it just me or is Zachary Quinto incapable of acting confused? There were a couple shots where Sylar should have been confused, but he just couldn't portray that expression.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2009, 12:23:46 PM »
im just glad ray park had minimal involvement this episode..

Anim-manga sux.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2009, 12:42:40 PM »
[spoiler]So instead Peter will go back in time and fail to res Nathan for a show or two, then after getting bored with that another twist will be thrown in that no one expects but afterwards it will be so expected due to being completely justified.[/spoiler]
Yeah I totally forgot: [spoiler]that Peter had contact with Hiro, so he likely has his power now.  Man, and seeing sound was so damn useful, too![/spoiler]

Is it just me or is Zachary Quinto incapable of acting confused? There were a couple shots where Sylar should have been confused, but he just couldn't portray that expression.
Yeah, it did come off rather campy.  To me, it wasn't so much the confusion, but his super-frustrated desperation at not knowing what was going on.

I suppose it would be frustrating, but still...

im just glad ray park had minimal involvement this episode..
Who's Ray Park?  One of the writers?
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »
darth maul.

he is the knife guy

Anim-manga sux.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »
Oh yeah, that is him.
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2009, 03:40:38 AM »
[spoiler]I kinda hoped that Peter would go a little longer with Emma's powers - 
  • to teach him that sometimes it is better to focus on helping one person a lot as opposed to a lot of people a little (although saving their lives is a lot of damn help...)
  • to help him reconnect with people
  • to remind him that he is more than just the powers he absorbs
[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:35 AM »
[spoiler]I think she is there just to do that. Maybe she's yet another girlfriend.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2009, 12:12:44 PM »
[spoiler]Why are we so certain he has Hiro's power? He touches Angela all the time when he hugs/kisses her goodbye but doesn't take her power. Does he have ANY control over it? I wouldn't be surprised if he still had her power.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
[spoiler]Why are we so certain he has Hiro's power? He touches Angela all the time when he hugs/kisses her goodbye but doesn't take her power. Does he have ANY control over it? I wouldn't be surprised if he still had her power.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]He certainly doesn't have full power over it.  He seemed pretty surprised and pissed to find out he'd traded super-speed for seeing-sound-as-color.[/spoiler]
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2009, 01:39:24 PM »
The latter is so much cooler.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
The latter is so much cooler.
Especially with that last cello scene.  See sound and use it to remodel your house!  I need that!

My wife: Rob!  Time to go work on finishing the basement!

Me: Okay.  I'll get my violin.

(I don't want anything as dramatic as a cello!)
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #338 on: October 15, 2009, 02:05:39 AM »
[spoiler]I think she is there just to do that. Maybe she's yet another girlfriend.[/spoiler]
Hope they would run with it a while - unlike the Irish chick from Chapter 2 who just up and vanished.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #339 on: October 15, 2009, 05:00:21 AM »
No kidding. You think though could have picked up where they left off instead of skipping to the next section of the story. [spoiler]All though, it would be kinda interesting to see how they get rid of her. First one died after being some other guy and the second one is lost in the future. It's kinda hard to top the last one.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]