Author Topic: Requesting Homebrew/ House Construction Rules/Guidelines (Military & Civilian)  (Read 2337 times)

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
-Chassis- (Vehicle Type)Single use drone designed to locate target and using itself deliver a munitions payload, usually High Explosive and some form of shrapnel.  Weapon is derived from the Claymore mine.Multi-purpose-use drone designed to locate target and release its variable munitions payload before returning to the base location for refueling and rearming. Propeller driven drone controlled by a soldier at a safe location.Pilot-less planes with air-to-air weaponry flown either by an A.I. program or by pilot from a remote location.
Ground-Superiority (M) - Pilot-less planes with air-to-ground weaponry flown either by an A.I. program or by pilot from a remote location. Cruiser Tank (H) - Fast and mobile to exploit weaknesses in enemy defense or to defend against fast moving assaults.
Light Tank (H) - Mobile tanks produced in large numbers for reconnaissance and intelligence gathering operations.
Infantry Tank (G) - Tank designed to combat infantry.   
Medium Tank (G) - Tanks designed with a specific role and design in armament.
Heavy Tank (G) - Heavily armored general purpose tanks.
Super Heavy Tank (G) - Extremely heavy tanks designed for anti-mecha combat or heavy combat duty or to defend fortified installations where mobility is not necessary.
Mobile Artillery (G) - Tank equipped with a very large cannon for long range bombardments.
Mammoth Tank - Heavier than Super Heavy Tanks, designed against fortified or lightly armored orbital bombardment.  Often used against mecha.
Titan Tank (G) - The largest moving weapon platforms designed to defend planetary installations against orbital attack and heavy mecha assaults.
Super-Titan Tank (C) - A mega heavy assault platform used for specialized assaults on heavily fortified or armored targets.
Assault Striker (L-H) - Light weight multi-axle wheeled vehicle, typically designed to carry a large weapon and missile platforms. Similar to a Cruiser Tank but using wheels and often carrying a lighter weapon.

4.   APCs (Armored Personnel Carrier) -
Small Personnel Carrier (L) - Designed to deliver a single squad of soldiers quickly to a drop-off location.  These are typically wheeled or amphibious vehicles that are lightly armored.
Medium Personnel Carrier (H) - A heavy vehicle designed to take more troops to a hostile drop-off.  Lightly armored and typically using treads allow this vehicle to survive mortar rounds and light gun fire. 
Large Personnel Carrier (G) - Largest chassis for troop transport.  These are always treaded and armored to survived direct hits from light tanks.  Typically using a small turret mounted machine gun.

5.   Trucks
Civilian Trucks- Basic unarmored Civilian trucks confiscated by the military to ferry troops and supplies thru the battlefield.
Military Trucks- Heavy duty trucks capable of carrying either supplies or soldiers in bulk.

6.   Cars

7.   Aircraft- Any vehicle capable of Atmospheric flight through any planetary environs.- VTOL (G) -
TAVTOL (G) -
TAF-Superiority (G) -
Small Bomber (G) -
Medium Bomber (G) -
Large Bomber (C) -
Recon (G) -   

8.   Boats- Boats, especially of the military variety are normally designed to carry troops into combat
Medium (M) -
Large (L) -
Huge (H) -
Gargantuan (G) -
Colossal (C)-

9.   Starships- -Armor-
Size

Fine
Diminutive 
Tiny
Small
Medium
Large
Huge
Gargantuan
Colossal
Crew

0*
0*
0*
0*
1-2
1-3 (3)**
1-4 (6)**
4 (12) **
8 (24)**
Size Mod

+8
+4
+2
+1
  Length

6 in. or less
6in. - 1 ft.
1-2 ft.
2-4 ft.
4-8 ft.
 9-16 ft.
17-32 ft.
 33-64 ft.
65-128 ft.
Weight

1/8 lb. or less
1/8 - 1 lb.
1-8 lb.
8-60 lb.
60-500 lb.
500-4000 lb.
2-16 tons
16-125 tons
125-1000 tons
Base HP

1-16
 16-48
 48-108
 108-212
 212-420
Hardness

Defense

Slots

8[/t

*A vehicle with a minimum crew of zero must be either driven/piloted by a smaller creature, or must  be built as a robotic vehicle.
** Potential passenger capacity.

Modify for Progress Levels 6+
When designing a vehicle frame from a progress level between 6 and 9 one discovers the hit points of the vehicle as noted on the table above, and then multiplies the vehicles hit points and hardness by a certain number, depending on the progress level of the vehicles frame, as noted on the table below.

Progress Level   HP Multiple   Hardness Multiple   Defense Multiple-My Armor Multiplier Table- (For stating Armor)

Dice Roll Multiplier 4
By
D4= Fine
D6= Diminutive, Tiny & Small
D8= Medium
D10= Large & Huge
D12= Gargantuan & Colossal
Planetary Installations
Defensive/Offensive
Orbital Installations
Defensive/Offensive
Drones
Vehicles
Personnel Armor
Power
Armor
Mecha
Starships
Munitions
Load Damage
2.5x Damage Roll
5x Damage Roll

-Created Weapons--My Damage Multiplier Table- (For Created Higher PL8 Weaponry)

Of course, this table is also workable and may need some minor tweaking!

Intended Unit Size
Personnel & Vehicle
D4= Fine
D8= Medium
Vehicle & Power Armor/Mecha
D10= Large & Huge
Vehicle & Mecha/Etc.
D10= Large & Huge
Planetary Installations
Defensive/Offensive
Orbital Installations
Defensive/Offensive

Intended Unit Size
Personnel & Vehicle
D4= Fine
D8= Medium
Vehicle & Power Armor/Mecha
D10= Large & Huge
Vehicle & Mecha/Etc.
Planetary Installations Defensive/Offensive
Orbital Installations
Defensive/Offensive
Dice Roll Multiplier 4 By
Light MG   Medium MG   Heavy MG   Grenade Launchers & Mines   Rocket Launchers
0   0   0   0   0
0   0   0   0   0
1   2   3   5   7
Light A-cannon   Medium A-cannon   Heavy A-cannon   Grenade Shot & Mines   Rocket Pods & Missiles
3   4   5   7   9

5   6   7   9   11
3   5   7   6   8
4   6   9   8   10

-Weapons-Similar to chassis development, the higher Progression Levels allow for newer and deadlier weaponry made out of stronger lighter materia to be wielded by the vehicle crew. Chemical-based munitions, mainly shells, give way for energy based weapons; linear rail cannons, plasma weapons, linear rail mortars, gauss weapons, and various others weapons.  Some planetary governments still use chemical based munitions either due to maintenance cost of the weapons systems or the unavailability of the weapon systems.
(Weapon Platforms)
Linear Rail Cannons (PL6) - With the advent of fusion technology, Linear Rail weaponry were then feasible as the means to power the systems were now available. Linear Rail Cannons have since replaced the weaponry on all vehicles that formerly used chemical based munitions.
Linear Rail Mortars (PL6) - With the advent of fusion technology, Linear Rail weaponry were then feasible as the means to power the systems were now available. Linear Rail Mortars have since replaced the weaponry on all vehicles that formerly used chemical based munitions.
Linear Antiaircraft (PL6) - With the advent of fusion technology, Linear Rail weaponry were then feasible as the means to power the systems were now available. Linear Antiaircraft guns have since replaced the weaponry on all AA vehicles and AA platforms that formerly used chemical based munitions.
Encompasses all energy weaponry including lasers, Particle Projection Cannons, etcetera.
Gauss Weapons (PL6-7) -
Plasma Weapons (PL6-7) -
MAC (Magnetic Accelerator Cannons) are massive starship sized weapons capable of firing a shell or any attainable Materia weighing a set amount at a target.

-Auxiliary aka Support Platforms-Sensors Turret (PL5) - Micro-Sensor Turret (PL6) - Micro-Sensor turrets are the miniaturized version of a normal Sensor turret taking up a vehicle slot in place of a weapon platform.  Micro-Sensor turrets are upgradeable in +4-5 increments with each hardware/software upgrade that the GM allows.
VTOL Sensor Turret (PL5) - Repair Turret (PL5.5) - Initially designed as a recovery vehicle for retrieving salvageable damaged vehicles from the battlefields either during or after combat.  With the addition of the Multi-armature system and Nano-armor welder the Repair turret is able to repair damage in and on the battlefield.
VTOL Winch (PL5.5) - VTOL Winches were initially designed as a deployment method to deliver vehicles into the battlefield from the deployment area. 
Command Turret (PL6) - Command turrets give any vehicle combat unit an edge, by targeting or painting, the key locations that are to be destroyed first before anything else.  This is done by a precision tuned laser and a Joint Unit Command Module system.  The Command turret can also target any threats to the combat unit by alerting all units to the first enemy unit that approaches them.
Shield turrets give a vehicle combat unit momentary coverage by enveloping the unit in a protective dome of energy. 
Turret (PL) -

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:22:17 PM by AnimeSniper »

Tema69

• Bi-Curious George
  • Dedicated WW2 GM.
    • Email
Looks interesting, AnimeSniper, and welcome to BG.

But you might wanna revise all those numbers - they just look slightly weird if you don't format then properly. I think Backstabbist has managed to understand the formatting here, but I haven't.
Tema69. 69 marks my affiliation to the ex-youth house on Jagtvej 69 in Copehagen, Denmark, a place where there used to be room for everyone until it was sold.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=997.0
The Self-Proclaimed General Pulp/SteamPunk/Occult/Nazi thread! Drop by.

http://tema69.deviantart.com/
My DeviantArt account. Check by the gallery and drop a comment.

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2528.0
Download my "Action Movie Realism" Rules* as well as my WW2 Supplement.
P.E.A.C.H.
* Available as a .pdf!

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
One word....HELP... well actually more because its more like 'Somebody help me figure out the format settings?' and thanks for the welcome!  Seriously if Backstabbist dono can help me figure out the format of this site then I would be greatly appreciative.  And the post at the D20 boards has reached 109 viewings still 0 replies! ???  Still, I am happy with the viewing but I like criticism since it helps refine my projects!

Well back to the creative grindstone and yes I'll try not to work my fingers to the bone! :lol

Added a downlink to the 07 word doc and hopefully it works!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:56:08 PM by AnimeSniper »

backstabbist

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Twice abandoned by the WoC
ok, here is the deal on formating:
Think Columns.

You will want to end up with a Table that is just a bunch of Columns.
Dont think in Rows, it wont work out so nice.
Imagin the table was just a column of names, and then a column of the data for those names. Maybe followed by another column of data for those names

Apples good average
oranges good durable
Bananas bad fragile

Start with the names column
Apples
Oranges
Bananas

then wrap that with the TableColumn tag (I'm using "<>" instead of [ so you can see them).JUst hilight the 3 lines and hit the column button
<TD>Apples
Oranges
Bananas</TD>

then put the first associated data column in after that, and hilight & Column Button that as well
<TD>Apples
Oranges
Bananas</TD>

<TD>Good
Good
Bad</TD>

Once you have all the columns, highlight the whole thing and hit the TableRow Button, then again highlight that whole thing & hit the Table button
<TABLE><TR>
<TD>Apples
Oranges
Bananas</TD>

<TD>Good
Good
Bad</TD>

<TD>Average
Duarable
Fragile</TD>

</TR>
</Table>

Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Good
Good
Bad
Average
Duarable
Fragile

If you need some space between the columns, add another word at the top to act as a label, and make it a big word to take up space
Some Fruits
Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Tastey?
Good
Good
Bad
Resists Damage
Average
Duarable
Fragile

Since blank spaces get disapeared here, you cant use them to move stuff... but you can use Underlined Spaces to move stuff over

Fruits     
Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Tastey?   
Good
Good
Bad
Durability     
Average
Duarable
Fragile

Blanks disappear, so an empty spot on the table needs to have a period dot in it
<TD><B><U>Stocked    </U></B>
Yes
Yes</TD>

Fruits     
Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Tastey?   
Good
Good
Bad
Durability     
Average
Duarable
Fragile
Stocked   
Yes
Yes
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:04:05 AM by backstabbist »
When not specified, the gun is always a m1911
Convetional spelling is for the Uncreative
5.7fn : Can a slug that only weighs 31gr still be called a slug?
Quote from:  Leadership Diplomacy Check
If that procedure is beyond your ability,
just say so & I will go get a 12 year old little girl to do it for you.

backstabbist

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Twice abandoned by the WoC
I see you are basing different levels of qualities on the PL.
For example, you attribute better materials to make armors/chassis better as the PL advances, and build your chassis table on that premiss.  I suggest you instead have a list of advanced materials and base your chassis/armor qualities off that. 

Have you seen the BP (or was it a bunker?) that had the future materials?
Have you seen the CyberDave thread(wiz) where he was analyszing different materials for better ship hulls?
Have you seen my thread (wiz) on future materials body armors?

Also, what have you seen on Scaling Weapons?
I have done extensive work on making logical series of different weapon technologies:  If we have Firearm Weapons that scale from Derringer to 16" Navalguns, there should be the same nominal use sizes of other weapon techs like PocketLaser to StarfighterLaser to AstroBattleshipLaser... 12 sizes of all techs like Lase Plas Gauss and Ion/Fusion/Particle/Zoquat/Plintz blasters.

I am asking & suggesting because there is a lot of good analysis, study, and discussion on these subjects already... no need to reinvent the wheel.

If there is a particular place you'd like to start, ask about it.

When not specified, the gun is always a m1911
Convetional spelling is for the Uncreative
5.7fn : Can a slug that only weighs 31gr still be called a slug?
Quote from:  Leadership Diplomacy Check
If that procedure is beyond your ability,
just say so & I will go get a 12 year old little girl to do it for you.

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
It WORKS... I have just formated the Size table from Nix4, and will work on My multiplier table and damages multiplier table later!

Praises go out to Backstabbist dono for his formating help and in regards to the aforementioned documents, please direct me to them and I shall consult them! Also, the PL attributed next to the Suspension/Propulsion area is when I could see the tech being readily available in the campaign thus Half-Tracks are PL 5, Industrial Age, since in RL they were available in WW II?

Most everything that I have written is merely my attemp at logically making a set of rules for constructing materia for PL+8 campaigns and technologies... but I would stilll like all the help I can get!  In regards to Scalling weapons, again this was logically done on my part where I thought of Planetary/Orbital Installations since such would need room for crew, weapon systems, munitions, etcetera!

But in conclusion, please direct me to the documents your mentioned and I shall read them and tweak my own materia as needed?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:07:58 PM by AnimeSniper »

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Fixed the first of the Damage Multiplier tables for created weaponry....  and if anybody knows of good existing material, please give a link and I'll check it out for comparison/mod Ideas!

AnimeSniper

• Ring-Tailed Lemur

For example, you attribute better materials to make armors/chassis better as the PL advances, and build your chassis table on that premise.  I suggest you instead have a list of advanced materials and base your chassis/armor qualities off that. 

Can you direct to me some other higher PL armor that I could list in addition to the 13 that I am creating!

Have you seen the BP (or was it a bunker?) that had the future materials?
Have you seen the CyberDave thread(wiz) where he was analyszing different materials for better ship hulls?
Have you seen my thread (wiz) on future materials body armors?

Please direct to each of these via links because I have looked for them on wiz and did not find them even in the archive? 

Also, what have you seen on Scaling Weapons?
I have done extensive work on making logical series of different weapon technologies:  If we have Firearm Weapons that scale from Derringer to 16" Navalguns, there should be the same nominal use sizes of other weapon techs like PocketLaser to StarfighterLaser to AstroBattleshipLaser... 12 sizes of all techs like Lase Plas Gauss and Ion/Fusion/Particle/Zoquat/Plintz blasters.

Again please direct me to this via a link? Because personally I do not want to reinvent the wheel :lol!