Author Topic: The Ebullient Thread  (Read 132953 times)

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
Re: The Ebullient Thread
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2008, 02:51:35 AM »
Another masterful D&D session.  It seems that slapping the phantom template on a group of bugbear ninjas makes for a great "mystical forest folk" encounter.  the players were scared shitless when they saw what they were capable of. 
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2008, 07:26:11 AM »
Sly move, master Count.

Handy Links

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2008, 03:00:06 PM »
I still say you should've had ninja bears with a separate ninja bear cavalry...

Your players need to learn not to fuck with Mother Nature.  :P

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2008, 03:11:56 PM »
Well, I did write in a massive bear attack encounter, but the PCs managed to avoid it. :P

The ranger was getting irritated.  First, they were floating down the path on a magic carpet.  The ranger was in front.  She failed a perception check, and ended up flying into some razor wire strung across the path at roughly neck level.  So, she decided to hop off the carpet and walk.  She failed a reflex save and came across a trap designed to cripple people rather than killing them.  She was getting annoyed at that point.  (The idea was that the traps were more designed to demoralize and discourage them from going any farther.  Since the phantom template basically makes the target incorporeal, they could just ignore the traps.)

She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »
A local store has finally started carrying Wyder's Pear Cider.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »
Yay!  I'm going to be playing a game on Sunday on Fantasy Grounds!  Its been way over a year since I've gotten to actually roll some dice, so I'm stoked. 

5th level Druidzilla comin into a party of 4.  Woefully underoptimized, but who fuckin cares!?  Its D&D!!
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2008, 03:48:37 PM »
An underoptimized Druid? You must be joking :P
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2008, 05:57:24 PM »
I played in my first Magic sealed tournament yesterday with AC. I was the n00b, made all sorts of mistakes like drawing before untapping, etc.
I played against stinky, twitchy people who clearly dedicated their lives to this game...and lost, naturally. I even got mana screwed so hardcore on one of my last games that the guy was like, "just reshuffle your deck." :-[
So embarrassing.

But, they all did say I was pretty good. And I think I did, in fact, play really well. Even though there were a few cards I didn't understand completely and could have one at least a couple of games had I known how to use them properly. *sigh* But everyone who played me said that they were impressed. Which helps me not feel so bad.

I also got Petrone Silver last night. That made me happy about losing: after I lost, I went and took a couple shots, and came back with a big grin on my face. Plus, I got a really cool print of Jayce, the Planeswalker. It's a hot print.

AC made it to the semifinals. I was proud of him too. 

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2008, 05:33:45 AM »
Being something other than the suspect when dealing with the police is actually pretty nice  :D :D :D
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
Thanks, I know. I've seen them live before, but that was a 1 hour festival gig, this is a fullblown concert lasting between 1 1/2 and 2 hours :D

If you don't mind me asking though, what is it that you hate about Judas Priest? Just curious :)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »

Handy Links

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »
But is it really worth a crack in your skull?  :eh
Of course not.  That's the past though.  I can't change that.  I can however screw someone's entire life over by ruining their chance at a college education.  Criminal background checks can block out a lot of jobs too.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2008, 05:06:10 PM »
I played in my first Magic sealed tournament yesterday with AC. I was the n00b, made all sorts of mistakes like drawing before untapping, etc.
I played against stinky, twitchy people who clearly dedicated their lives to this game...and lost, naturally. I even got mana screwed so hardcore on one of my last games that the guy was like, "just reshuffle your deck." :-[
So embarrassing.

But, they all did say I was pretty good. And I think I did, in fact, play really well. Even though there were a few cards I didn't understand completely and could have one at least a couple of games had I known how to use them properly. *sigh* But everyone who played me said that they were impressed. Which helps me not feel so bad.

I also got Petrone Silver last night. That made me happy about losing: after I lost, I went and took a couple shots, and came back with a big grin on my face. Plus, I got a really cool print of Jayce, the Planeswalker. It's a hot print.

Err... Get AC to help you with your land:deck ratio. I usually play 24:64, but your strategy may be different.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »
But is it really worth a crack in your skull?  :eh
Of course not.  That's the past though.  I can't change that.  I can however screw someone's entire life over by ruining their chance at a college education.  Criminal background checks can block out a lot of jobs too.

Vengeance. It's what's for dinner.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
Tastes like chicken  :P

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2008, 05:20:31 PM »
Cold chicken, because revenge is always best served cold.

Handy Links

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2008, 05:30:21 PM »
Cold chicken, because revenge is always best served cold.

Cold fried chicken?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2008, 05:45:57 PM »
So embarrassing.

Err... Get AC to help you with your land:deck ratio. I usually play 24:64, but your strategy may be different.
Double err. Why are you playing 84-card decks in any format? This is Limited; 17:23 or 16:24 is the norm.

In other news, I won my Alara launch party! Not only that, but it was a draft, and we raredrafted. Guess what went first pick:
Tezzeret the Seeker!
I know gameology-fu.