Author Topic: Reality is after all the funny names!  (Read 18749 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Reality is after all the funny names!
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
That I didn't know... However, you could fund the Defense, Education, Veterans Affairs, Interior, Treasury and State Departments AND NASA for a full year...

Handy Links

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2008, 06:10:22 PM »
So I've watched the first two minutes of the latest Presidential debate and McCain is already talking about Fannie and Freddie Mae. This ought to be an exhilarating experience until I realize the old geezer might actually be spending four years in the White House.

Edit: NOOOOOO! Obama actually said he is going to raise some taxes. Shit! Shit! SHIIIT!
Edit II: "Even Fox News disputed it and that doesn't happen very often when it comes to accusations about me." Yay! Too bad we don't have showmanship like this in our elections.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 06:32:48 PM by Tshern »

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2008, 06:38:35 PM »
Showmanship is generally considered a bad thing where international politics are concerned. You want cool informed heads, not ham-actors. Another strike against Obama as far as I am concerned.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »
Showmanship is generally considered a bad thing where international politics are concerned. You want cool informed heads, not ham-actors. Another strike against Obama as far as I am concerned.
In reality, I am happy election discussions in Finland address issues not personalities and they tend to be a lot more, for lack of better term, composed. No throwing dirt around like this. But since not all cultures seem to favour that approach, I am forced to enjoy their way of doing it, because ranting about it won't change. Remember, you can always laugh.

Handy Links

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »
I have to agree there, Tshern. All that Hollywood production is just ugh!

NZ politics is getting nasty with Labour dragging the personal life of National's (the main opposition party) top people into the game. This type of dirty politics is something that apparently has not happened in NZ politics before. Yay to progress, huh?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2008, 07:01:30 PM »
Hmm, perhaps our peaceful nation is soon surrounded by countries with dirty election tactics. Hopefully we are at least the last to fall.

Btw, are there any open Republicans here?

Handy Links

PhoenixInferno

• Hong Kong
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2008, 10:48:52 PM »
Surely you jest.  There are lots of them here, which I found odd, but refreshing.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2008, 08:35:18 AM »
Surely you jest.  There are lots of them here, which I found odd, but refreshing.
Perhaps I have shielded my mind too tight. By the way, the latest debate was cool.

Handy Links

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »
This, at least makes me feel better about the current election.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2008, 06:24:54 PM »
Rich is a relative thing. If everyone or no one is rich, the concept is meaningless.

*throws grenade onto bonfire*
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]